Assistance needed with xbox one controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assistance needed with xbox one controller

Whats up guys? So I've stumbled on this site and i was hoping to get some help with my problem.

So i have an xbox one s controller thats only a few months old and suddenly stopped working. The issue is it turns off saying it has no battery even though fresh batteries have been put in it. I took it apart to look for any issues with the connections for the batteries but everything looked fine to me (i really dont know what I'm doing). But while looking for something i must have accidentally touched "the issue" and the controller worked fine after putting it back together... for about 6 hours, and then the same problem came back. Turns off suddenly even with fresh batteries. Took it apart again and once again i didn't do much but poke around the boards, put it back together and same thing. Works perfectly for some hours and then problem comes back. What could this be? I'm so puzzled by this.. what am i touching thats bringing it back to life for a limited time?

Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated, i would really rather not buy a new one since this one's only months old. I would've loved to use the warranty but im out of the U.S. so its complicated.

Thanks!

Re: Assistance needed with xbox one controller

maybe a cold solder joint somewhere?

Comment

I second this idea that you must have a cold soldering joint some where
      Look at the battery terminal and the ON / OFF switch also look at the joy sticks as well

Also you should use a magnifying glass to look at these joints if it looks dull redo the joints or if you see a lot of flux on a joint redo or cracked joints redo the joint or if some the joint is missing redo the joint

Where I work we have crane remotes that are very bad about having cracked soldering joint where the batteries are and it does the same thing may work for awhile then shuts off
      Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 08-19-2017, 03:41 PM.
      9 PC LCD Monitor
      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
      30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
      10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
      6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
      1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
      25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
      6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
      1 Dell Mother Board
      15 Computer Power Supply
      1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
      2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
      All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Thanks guys, ill look closer for a cold solder then.

Comment

Another thing that can help to find any form of a schematic is by looking up controller mods.

These are from the first model controls and use them as a comparasen.
          Attached Files

Comment

those pics show me that battery contact assy does not have strain relieving pins.
            broken solder there would be a prime suspect.
            nice find Drassh!

Comment

Working...
            X