Windows 10 blues screen problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 10 blues screen problem

I'm using a Windows 10 computer and everything was fine until yesterday.When I was working the PC suddenly became unresponsive for a few seconds, and then the screen turned completely in to blue and an error message appeared. Finally,it restarted itself.. I'm wondered what was happened and I haven't faced such an situation before. Why was that and is it a symbol of hardware fault of my PC?

Re: Windows 10 blues screen problem

What did the error message say ?

Comment

Yes, we definitely need to know the error message...
      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
      http://folding.stanford.edu/
      Team : 49813
      Join in!!
      Team Stats

Comment

everybody has the windows 10 blues
        Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
        ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium-235 View Post
          everybody has the windows 10 blues
          LOL...
          <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
          Team Stats

Comment

i dont.

Comment

No windows blues here .. I use Linux mint.

Comment

"Your PC ran into a problem and need to restart......" appeared on the screen and progress percentage was displayed..When reached to 100% it restarted itself

Comment

There's an error code a bit lower on that screen.

If it says "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA" or "BAD_POOL_HEADER", reseat the RAM.
                  ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

I use windows 10 and have worked on many windows 10 systems. So far I have yet to have any problems with it. Of course the ones I have encountered are usually 1903 and higher.

biggest pita sometimes is no F8 to safe boot, a no real way to enable it except to bring up a big menu every time. Big fail for techs but you can manually disable/enable it from USB without having to boot the OS, so mixed blessing

Techs have to learn 10, cause pretty much everyone is moving to it eventually, even if you're not using it yourself

I actually like it. Still use 7 on my shop box (will use both on my 'new' shop box). But for my gaming system it's practically required
                    Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
                    ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Techs have to learn 10, cause pretty much everyone is moving to it eventually, even if you're not using it yourself
                      That's where I'm at with it... Unfortunately, it's where things are headed. If I sell a refurbed system, I recommend 7 but also offer 10....user's choice. If it's a modern game rig, I recommend 10. It mainly depends on the users' needs. Right now it's probably a 50/50 one way or the other....which increased over the last year. Once denutted and modified, I can have it looking & functioning like 'old world' windows versus the fisher-price toy interface that should be named 'my first operating system'...
                      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                      Team Stats

Comment

I have'nt tried this yet but you should be able to enable F8 (safe mode) in windows 10 with the following:
                        In an elevated command prompt enter:
                        bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy
                        Then you should be able to hit F8 to enter safe mode when booting
                        I see if Fast Boot is enabled in UEFI firmware, there willnot be enough time to press F8 before windows starts
                        Last edited by R_J; 09-02-2020, 07:39 PM.

Comment

the problem with offering any form of windows that still has updates is your gonna get blamed when the shit breaks.

i fix hardware and test it with a livedisk - o.s. is NOT my problem and i wont even discuss it with people.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                            the problem with offering any form of windows that still has updates is your gonna get blamed when the shit breaks.

i fix hardware and test it with a livedisk - o.s. is NOT my problem and i wont even discuss it with people.
                            I don't cover any OS as part of the warranty, only hardware. If a customer (or an update) break the OS, you can't really turn a customer away and not fix it. I won't do it for free though.
                            <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                            Team Stats

Comment

Techs have to learn 10, cause pretty much everyone is moving to it eventually, even if you're not using it yourself.
                              not me. for windows os related problems, i tell people to contact m$ for product support like stj said on here previously. technicians only fix hardware. we're not programmers so software is NOT our business. we're also not the ones who made windows. m$ did. so windows os related issues are the responsibility of m$ not us technicians.

also, how is m$ to know how to design a better product or how shitty they designed their products, if users dont flood their product support helpline with problems? makes them wanna shape up if they dont wanna have their product support department flooded with calls/emails or end up having to pay so much money to hire more product support personnel to deal with the shit ton of issues they get flooded with on a daily basis? hahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosLegionnaire View Post
                                not me. for windows os related problems, i tell people to contact m$ for product support like stj said on here previously. technicians only fix hardware. we're not programmers so software is NOT our business. we're also not the ones who made windows. m$ did. so windows os related issues are the responsibility of m$ not us technicians.
                                As someone who had the title and job of IT Technician in a school for 7 years, we do both hardware and software/OS. They go together and are useless without each other.
                                What is it you do/fix for a job without having to deal with an OS or software ?

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                                  As someone who had the title and job of IT Technician in a school for 7 years, we do both hardware and software/OS. They go together and are useless without each other.
                                  What is it you do/fix for a job without having to deal with an OS or software ?
                                  Exactly.... I can't shove a customer out the door and tell them to call MS for OS help....but I won't warranty anything software in any way....they will pay me to work on it.
                                  <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                                  Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                                    Exactly.... I can't shove a customer out the door and tell them to call MS for OS help....but I won't warranty anything software in any way....they will pay me to work on it.
                                    Yeah, with you on that one, although it would be nice to have an assistant I could pass the crap Windows 10 jobs too, it's the OS that keeps on giving (work), but then they all have really.......who warranties software ? lol

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                                      ....who warranties software ? lol
                                      I don't know about across the pond....but you'd be amazed what people expect for free over here!!
                                      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                                      Team Stats

Comment

well, if they want free windows software support, then tell them to contact m$ for product support! thats what i meant!

Comment

Working...
                                        X