Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vestel toolbox 1.1 profile change will not work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vestel toolbox 1.1 profile change will not work?

Hello all,

I have a 55" 4K HDR Smart tv which is Panasonic but has a Vestel 17mb130s main board and it crashed resently, with the help of Diah in my first thread I loaded new firmware but from a Finlux tv and it worked and I have been using it since then.
    my problem is that it has no freeview play and its starting to piss me off as there is a lot I cant watch.
    In the profile I downloaded from the service menu onto usb stick I changed the option for Freeview Play from off to on and I can't seem to upload the profile back onto the tv as each time I try the service menu say's the Freeview Play is off?
    Because of this I have two questions,

1= can anyone give me the correct procedure to download change and upload the changed profile after using vestel toolbox 1.1 to change the Fplay to ON, including the things in vestel toolbox I have to change as I have a feeling that's more that just off to on.

2= as this tv takes different makes of firmware, What is the Latest and BEST firmware I can instal to a 55" 4K HDR Smart TV which has a Vestel 17MB130S main board inside? Because I think I could have a very good setup with all the latest and best app's and menu options if you understand what I mean, so with that in mind what are my options?

I will be very greatfull to anyone who can help me with either of the above problem's.
    Many Thanks Lee.

Re: Vestel toolbox 1.1 profile change will not work?

just notice this points. i will try to help with my limited time.
    A-after modified any profile .bin file you need to put the file on the USB inside the folder Profile
    and on the root of the USB should have only one file which you generated first time to download the files
    B- After write any file back to the TV via points "A" ..you need to reset the the TV from the installation menu . so the change will take effect.

your questions. No 2.
    All brands share same firmware.. but there are some futures hidden (disabled ) regards brands as you described above.
    you can also activated the Dolby Vision and many others. but some change need to modify the swprofile.bin & hwprofile.bin & others to match each others.
    you can zip all profiles file you got at first time via service menu and upload them over here to take look and modified them for you as full futures when i get free time.

Comment

Diah,
      As requested I have uploaded the three profile files here in the RAR file for you to look in to for me when you get time and I would like to thank you in advance for doing this for me.

Lee.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by l3emarsh View Post
        Diah,
        As requested I have uploaded the three profile files here in the RAR file for you to look in to for me when you get time and I would like to thank you in advance for doing this for me.

Lee.
        this is first version of mode.. do it with breakfast before go to work...lol and because i don't know which generation of CPU yours MB had. so many things i avoided in order not great overload on the SOC i don't know .. keep yours file profile always as backup.

write all 3 files at once to the tv .. then rest ,, go to menu ---- installation--- factory reset .. test and report the result. BTW: don't surprise if you saw different design.
        Attached Files

Comment

1. Create a folder on the stick called PROFILE
          2. Copy the modified profile into it
          3. Turn on the TV and insert the stick
          4. Type MENU 4725
          5. Go to USB Operations and type OK. Wait 5 seconds
          6. Go to Diagnostics and type OK and then 2 times BACK (RETURN)
          7. Exit the menu and turn off the TV on the remote control
          8. The left LED flashes quickly. The modified profile is now loading.
          9. Wait until the LED stops blinking and remove the stick.
          10. Turn on the TV.

Comment

Hello fellow tech heads........
            I have tried everything posted here and more to try and get the profiles to upload back onto the TV but I just can't get it to work and I have now run out of ideas.
            The problem seams to be what to put onto the stick to get them to upload when I am in the service menu under USB operations as when I do that I don't think it's working as it should?

Will it make a difference now it's a Finlux setup now and not Panasonic?
            Any help or other ideas would be very greatfull, thanks in advance and I am sitting here waiting to try your ideas now as I cant stop trying to win and not let this TV problem beat me as you know too well so please post back asap please.
            Thank You All, Lee.

Comment

Also can anyone tell me what to change in vestel toolbox so I can watch a different channel whilst recording one

And what to change so I can use my original Panasonic remolt control from the original TX-55FX555b setup the TV came with as my Universal remolt control I got for this Finlux setup has no button for stop start play pause fwd rew when playing recordings, well I can play them but only way to stop once started is to turn off TV?

Or has anyone got a profile setup from that type of Panasonic and ill check the remolt control codes in toolbox myself.

Thank You.
              Last edited by l3emarsh; 08-31-2020, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Also can anyone tell me what to change in vestel toolbox so I can watch a different channel whilst recording one

And what to change so I can use my original Panasonic remolt control from the original TX-55FX555b setup the TV came with as my Universal remolt control I got for this Finlux setup has no button for stop start play pause fwd rew when playing recordings, well I can play them but only way to stop once started is to turn off TV?

Or has anyone got a profile setup from that type of Panasonic and ill check the remolt control codes in toolbox myself.

Thank You.
                good.. it sounds you figured out how to write back the swprofile.bin back to the tv..
                swprofile even if you use one from other brand from same family MB100 will be suitable the setting of it to do it on yours... but... let answer yours questions..

1-PVR+TwinTuner
                2-RC to mapping it to yours panasonic. with same tool you can enable ftp on the tv and use any ftp client to log in via yours home network inside the tv firmware...... i will stop here to avoid you make damage..as this steps are suitable only to users have knowledge of linux firmware ( who knows linux don't need one explain to him)
                3- never touch or do any change at hwprofile.bin.

Comment

I have finnaly worked out how to upload the profile files and it was working but where I was getting confused was that my TV did not have a reset or factory reset in the normal menu, what I had to do was to paforme a first time instulation which is same as reset but just was not listed as that but I got that sorted anyway so thanks to all.
                  But I still have the r/c problem and could do with the Panasonic r/c code, or if anyone has a copy of the Panasonic profile I can look up the codes from Vtoolbox, I will give you the panel code but I think most Panasonic TV's are on simular r/c but it will not hurt to try if you do.

17MB130S
                  VES550QNYS-2D-NO1

any help is greatfull, thank's, Lee.

Comment

I have finnaly worked out how to upload the profile files and it was working but where I was getting confused was that my TV did not have a reset or factory reset in the normal menu, what I had to do was to paforme a first time instulation which is same as reset but just was not listed as that but I got that sorted anyway so thanks to all.
                    But I still have the r/c problem and could do with the Panasonic r/c code, or if anyone has a copy of the Panasonic profile I can look up the codes from Vtoolbox, I will give you the panel code but I think most Panasonic TV's are on simular r/c but it will not hurt to try if you do.

17MB130S
                    VES550QNYS-2D-NO1

any help is greatfull, thank's, Lee.
                    okay do it on your own risk... however its easy and just need to be focused.

at your case open mb130_hwprofile.bin with the tools
                    go down to RemoteControl and expand the tree list of it.. remark your remote name from the list.. there are 2 of panasnoic but it maybe there more.

on the pc open the file "dictionary.ini" with editor i prefer Notepad++
                    search after the name of the remote list you want to use for example PANASONIC-Rc4812x you will see at dictionary.ini like this
                    Code:
                    [3D51DA20]
                    value=PANASONIC-Rc4812x
                    always the native code are on the top and follow the name translation of the code.
                    so you have
                    3D51DA20 are the native code .. copy it and change the last one "RcType" with his code 3D51DA20 save and write it back to tv

EDID: IMPORTANT

we dont know at this point what is written at the firmware of RC code... if its native or string.. so if its native then it will work.. but if its string then you need to write at RcType the string which are listed under the RemoteControl list in your case PANASONIC-Rc4812x ... try this option first please its more save to you.... as the first option if it make the tv will not response to rc then need to flash the whole firmware again as you was at brick.
                    Last edited by Diah; 09-01-2020, 12:12 PM. Reason: IMPORTANT NOTICE

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                      2-RC to mapping it to yours panasonic. with same tool you can enable ftp on the tv and use any ftp client to log in via yours home network inside the tv firmware...... i will stop here to avoid you make damage..as this steps are suitable only to users have knowledge of linux firmware ( who knows linux don't need one explain to him)
                      3- never touch or do any change at hwprofile.bin.
                      Originally posted by Diah View Post
                      EDID: IMPORTANT it make the tv will not response to rc then need to flash the whole firmware again as you was at brick.
                      to any user read this don't follow my post above it was explaining not as resolve problem.. mapping the RC only will be succeed by log inside the firmware and change the remote.config at etc users..
                      changing the code at hwprofile will make the TV blind. because this change will never make change to the main config at etc user..

i put this again..to let reader don't mistake my previous statement.

Comment

Working...
                      X