Factory Reset Westinghouse WG55UR4100 Android TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factory Reset Westinghouse WG55UR4100 Android TV

I repaired the backlights on this model (symptom flash of backlights, repaired seven bad, part#3P55TA004-A2 new strips available at Shopjimmy) and now the TV is stuck on the home screen. I can only turn the TV on with the remote and no buttons work once booted on the home screen. Only the TV buttons volume -/+ and on/off work. There is no physical menu or input buttons.

I think a factory reset will clear it but not a lot of options. Tried the Sony Android methods of holding down the on/off button while plugging it it and holding down vol- with power on/off.
    Attached Files

Re: Factory Reset Westinghouse WG55UR4100 Android TV

This TV has an odd interface (Google Android) and I was able to factory reset and get into the settings. I googled the main board part number and found the Element E4STA5017 uses the same main board and I was able to find a user manual. The remote is bluetooth for voice and needs to paired by holding down the home button for 10 seconds. Once I paired and connected to the network, I was able to get into the menu using voice commands. I then found out the settings is in the home screen if you scroll to the bottom. Backlight is set to 100% in standard mode. With voice I can sometimes get into the menu by saying "device settings" or "open settings" but not all the time. The menu button still did not work after pairing and factory reset.

Comment

Working...
    X