ACER Swift 3 SF314-52-52V8 dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACER Swift 3 SF314-52-52V8 dead

Today I am working on an ACER Swift 3 SF314-52-52V8 dead (SU4EA Main Board). The history is that it's very clean & no sign of liquid spill & no short to ground rails. But all of a sudded it got dead. NO POWER AT ALL. On the First MOSFET Q8800 I get the 19v on the Drain but no output. On the Gate the voltage is 0.99... But according to this N-Channel FET the gate should be higher then the voltage applied to the drian, I am assuming it should be higher than 20v in order for the Drain & source to output volts. I checked BQ24735 where ACDRV is generated, it the same .99 volts. The test point on this chip VCC, LDO, ACDET seems to be fine but on ACOK I only get 1.6V which is low, guessing this volt should be around 3.2V being an OPEN Drain Output. Any tip or ideas what is going on with this would be a great help. Thanks in advance

Re: ACER Swift 3 SF314-52-52V8 dead

Yes, ACOK should be 3.3V. Could be a bad charging ic itself but do check any components used as voltage divider for dc-in mosfets.

Comment

Thank you so much for the tip "mcplslg123"... Just want to ask you isn't this ACOK coming from the I/O chip... Anyway I will surely replace this chip & check. Do you think its the I/O chip??? just asking. Thanks

Comment

Replaced the BQ24735.. ACOK is still the same volt 1.6.. will check the divider now...ANy more tips will be a great help. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mferna14 View Post
          Replaced the BQ24735.. ACOK is still the same volt 1.6.. will check the divider now...ANy more tips will be a great help. Thanks
          Test the D8801 dual diode and R8817
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Both the D8801 dual diode & R8817 (22 ohms) both are 100% ok. No short & the resistor is giving the correct value... Any other tips. thanks

Comment

So now it was getting a pain in the a***., now it was time to act logically & find where the problem lies & why 19v is not passing through. First finding a short to ground. No visble shorts. Now since I was getting the input (Drain) of 19v on Q8800 & no output (Source), on the Gate it was just .99v whereas this volts should be about 24V in order for the MOSFET to turn on. First I removed Q8801 & R8808 so that if any volts present does not go to other components. Upon removing these I got the 24V on the Q8800 Gate confirming that the 1st step of BQ24735 & the I/O both are working fine. Then I put in the Resistor first & tested the other MOSFET Q8801. Guess what!!! the Gate & Source had a leak. Found a exact match MOSFET, soldered it in & all works fine. All the above voltages should be the same as assumed. ACOK came back to 3.2V & all other volts the same. Thanks for all the help & hope this trouble shooting helps someone in this world.

Comment

Working...
              X