Lg50pa5500 plasma has sound but no picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lg50pa5500 plasma has sound but no picture

Hello, i have a plasma tv lg50pa5500 that has sound but no picture. I have checked vs and va voltages and they are correct. If i check vy and vsc i obtain correct values only if i disconnect one buffer board. I've search for fault on it and i've found some short circuit. If i test the tv without that buffer board i don't have any half image on the panel. Can i proceed to order a new buffer board or i have to do other controls before i order it?

Re: Lg50pa5500 plasma has sound but no picture

If you found shorts on the buffer board ( was it the upper board) and with it removed you have all the correct voltages then I believe it would be safe to replace it to have your set up and running again.
    Last edited by dick_barton; 10-14-2019, 07:20 AM.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Yes but i don't understand why if i power up the tv after i have removed the buffer board i'm not having half image on the screen like is written in various similar posts on this forum

Comment

If the lower buffer board is removed then you often have a top half picture. Signals are sent via the upper buffer to the lower buffer so if the upper buffer board is removed then no lower half picture.

Comment

This is the buffer board that i've removed. Is this the upper buffer board?
          Attached Files

Comment

Yes if it lines up with the uppper half of the picture.

Comment

Ok thank you so much for the informations... i will search for buy a new buffer board.

Comment

Just a heads up, this model is known for the ribbon cable that goes from the buffer to the panel cutting and shorting out the buffer board. Search other post for other people which have the same issue. You should be able to remove the front trim to inspect the ribbon cables.

Comment

Thank you for the info... So i have to control the ribbon cables that goes from panel to buffer?

Comment

Remove the top buffer and it's the top cable (from buffer to panel) that rubs on part of the chassis.

Comment

Ok, if there are no defect can i order the buffer board? Now without the top buffer board i don't have nothing image
                      Last edited by Micky891; 10-15-2019, 06:16 AM.

Comment

I'm new, and having much the same problem. My LG50PA5500 TV has been working flawlessly since new. The other day, while in the midst of watching a broadcast DTV channel, the entire screen suddenly and silently went dark; sound, channel selection and inputs all work OK. I have checked connections and voltages from: stdby, pwr supply board fuses, psb output voltages to Zsus board and its fuse, output voltages from Zsus to Ysus and its fuses. All precisely normal !! I've also checked voltages to the other control boards, etc.
                        No indications of cap problems, though they will need to be tested with tester in tomorrow's mail. Also a transistor tester coming.
                        The ONLY slight indication of anything amiss, is a (what I would call!!) light "toasting" (no pun, sorry) about 1.5" in irregular diameter towards the center from the copper coil of the Ysus board. I almost "feel" that that would be consistent with fair wear and tear of 9 years use, but of course, heat is the eternal enemy of electronics. I have very closely examined both X and Y boards, front and back for any damage indications.
                        I have not yet touched the Y buffer boards. If that is the next step, what is it that I should check and the sequence to follow????
                        I'm kind of at a standstill, and need some direction before I start swapping out boards left and right. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx
                        The shortest distance between two points is a straight line. The longest distance is a "shortcut". Have a '12 LG50PA5500(Plasma- Great!)!. Looking to get an LG or Sony Bravia 65" OLED 4k. Have the 'usual' Receiver, speakers, DVD, VHS, Beta, and tape recorders, etc, when I get them set up after the extended move.

Comment

Working...
                        X