Busted/cracked Light diffuser plate Samsung UN55NU7100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Busted/cracked Light diffuser plate Samsung UN55NU7100

I was attempting to replace the LED lights on an Edge-lit Samsung UN55NU7100...While removing the sheets and the light diffuser plate which already had cracks at the bottom. The plate bent(more than I'd like) and broken in half.

1) Is it still usable if I can put in back into place

2) or Do I have to find a replacement diffuser plate and can it be any diffuser plate from a 55" Samsung LED TV or specific to my model?

3) can a new plate be purchased from Samsung?

Re: Busted/cracked Light diffuser plate Samsung UN55NU7100

early Tv manufacture brands.. they used for 55 size and above the first hard plastic light for edge or direct LED BL a reflector from 2 pieces glued with transparent double side type. later as new model all are one pieces even for 75 size..
    if this case the crack you have.. you can use ultra transparent glue which used as glass glue by Fish aquarium .. other wise the answer to question 2 you can use any from other edge BL TV 55 size

Comment

This is a piece of shit edge lit Tv and the led bars get so hot they can melt and even crack the diffusers. If you own a Samsung Tv with edge lit backlighting turn the backlights down to at least 10 and turn off ECO settings before this happens to you. The thick clear diffuser gets melted and leaves light bleed on the bottom. Sucks Samsung. It sits on top of the led bars to direct the light up into the diffuser. Here is a picture of how hot these get. If it is cracked it will likely show the crack when you turn it on.
      Attached Files

Comment

Can a new diffuser be bought anywhere? If so where? I have 3 Samsung TV's that have this issue. Replaced all LED light strips successfully. But can't use any of them until I locate new diffusers!

Comment

Its a manufacturing problem. Still I haven't found any suppliers that have this part.

Comment

Originally posted by simbaisaboy View Post
            Can a new diffuser be bought anywhere? If so where? I have 3 Samsung TV's that have this issue. Replaced all LED light strips successfully. But can't use any of them until I locate new diffusers!
            Even with ultra-transparent adhesive the crack WILL SHOW. The main diffuser panel is not available individually as it is part of the "panel assembly".

This is a very common problem with the NU model series. I have a 40" NU7100 and a 65" NU7100 with the same problem and have disassembled several of this model with melted and cracked diffusers. As a result when I get a busted screen NU model Samsung with a good diffuser I keep the main diffuser and label it with the panel part number.

You might try contacting some electronics recycling facilities in your area and see if they have a busted screen TV with working backlights and with the SAME model AND version number. If you get one, make sure the PANEL PART NUMBER is identical to yours and that the diffuser isn't melted before you install it in your TV.
            They call me......."threadkiller"

Comment

That panel is typically a part that doesn't get salvaged since this model is the first edge lit model that exhibits melting along the edge. The NU design has the LEDs spaced further apart, along one edge only and they run both brighter and hotter. Probably saved Samsung $2 per TV reducing the number of LEDs in the strip. Pic 1 55NU strip. Pic 2 55ES strip (left and right)
              Attached Files
              Last edited by neilc6; 06-11-2021, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by neilc6 View Post
                That panel is typically a part that doesn't get salvaged since this model is the first edge lit model that exhibits melting along the edge. The NU design has the LEDs spaced further apart, along one edge only and they run both brighter and hotter. Probably saved Samsung $2 per TV reducing the number of LEDs in the strip.
                LOL saved $2 per TV....and will cost them millions if the CPSC gets involved, or they get recalled! I've seen so many of these with melted diffusers I thought about filing a complaint with uncle Sam. Someone needs to methinks.

Comment

I just repaired a 55NU and luckily the panel was not melted and I had strips from a newer salvaged one few years ago. If there is melting, it will cause a bigger gap between the panel and LED resulting in a bright spot. On mine, one LED failed open circuit so one half was dark.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by neilc6; 06-11-2021, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by neilc6 View Post
                    I just repaired a 55NU and luckily the panel was not melted and I had strips from a newer salvaged one few years ago. If there is melting, it will cause a bigger gap between the panel and LED resulting in a bright spot. On mine, one LED failed open circuit so one half was dark.
                    I think it's high time we had a thread just for this subject, so I started one here: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=96567

Comment

Keeping 55NU with broken screen in anticipation...

Comment

Have a UE43NU7020 with the same problem. Had a slightly darker strip on the TV which I left too long. Turns out one LED had gone and failed shorted. The LEDs on each of the strips seem to be wired in series, meaning the remaining ones on that half were running very hot. No pics atm, but it's really badly burned and cracked, not just the diffuser panel but also the diffuser/reflective sheet has burning on it.

Might try ordering new LEDs and rotating the diffuser. I was never a fan of the TV so I've replaced it now, but sure the kids will love it if I can get it in reasonable working order

Comment

Well price sells, so how much do they cost?? Plus who are you and how do we know you can be trusted, do you sell on ebay or another trusted site?
                          Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-23-2022, 07:44 AM.

Comment

So... you put out an ad for a product no one can find? Did I miss something here?
                            I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

I bought a Samsung UE43RU7100 with only a few working LEDs for £20. I ordered the new LED strips before stripping it down only to find the diffuser plate cracked at the bottom. It's still watchable but I was wondering if I could use the diffuser plate of a broken screen Samsung QE55Q60 and cut it down to 43.

Comment

Working...
                              X