Haier TV Not Turning On--Completely Dead with No standby light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haier TV Not Turning On--Completely Dead with No standby light

I have a Haier 50" LE50d3505b television that is "dead." No image, no standby lights, no sound, no nothing. The power supply board is HKL-500201A, and physical inspection looks good. I have tested the fuse (works) and the bridge rectifier (works). Also, the capacitors are not "puffy." However, a couple diodes seem to have faulty test results. I have tested diodes 10/11 using the "diode setting" on my multi-meter. I got .000 readings for both. For diodes 13/14, I got .177 for both readings. Do you think just these diodes are the issue? If so....would these be the correct diodes to replace them with: https://www.ebay.com/itm/11376729897...QAAOSwDw9bLDvU

Or, should I just try to find a brand new power supply board, in case there are more parts that are an issue in addition to the diodes? If so....is this the correct board to use: https://partstore.encompass.com/item...er/6007460228/

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: Haier TV Not Turning On--Completely Dead with No standby light

Bad main board can make TV appear dead since the standby light is controlled by the main. You need to check if you have standby voltage going to the main.

Comment

I meant to include this in the initial post. I am getting no 5V standby voltage to mainboard.

Comment

test diodes off the board

Comment

You can save a lot of time by checking for voltages, Do you have the standby voltage going to the main board?
          Check JP1 for 5VSB
          Last edited by R_J; 05-25-2021, 11:19 AM.

Comment

R_J: I checked the DC voltages for JP1 5VSB. It jumps between 1.2 and 1.4V
            STB measured 0V
            Last edited by djaywilly; 05-25-2021, 11:50 AM.

Comment

However, a couple diodes seem to have faulty test results. I have tested diodes 10/11 using the "diode setting" on my multi-meter. I got .000 readings for both.
              Lift one end of each diode and if they still measure 0 ohms then replace them and then check if your voltages are present.
              Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Looks like D10 and or D11 are shorted, check them out of circuit, The 5VSB is likely low due to the shorted diode, The STP line is the power supply ON/OFF signal from the main board, without any standby voltage this line will be 0 volts.

Comment

So I am not experienced enough to solder. I also do not have the necessary equipment. I was thinking about just replacing the entire power supply board. Would this be the correct one to replace it with?
                  https://partstore.encompass.com/item...er/6007460228/

Comment

Working...
                  X