b5v 5.3v

pwm_dm 3.2v
    b13v 12.9v
    blu on/off 2.9v
    gnd 0
    gnd 0
    a5v 5.3v
    pwr on/off 2.3v

If i completely take the connector running to the main board off the leds will come on. If i leave the main board connected and disconnect the tcon board the led lights will not come on. If i take the bl wire loose the backlights will not come on. im getting no sound, no picture, no backlights accept when the cable from the pwr supply to mainboard is disconnected and no standby light if this tv has one.

I have replace ic 901 on th main board from shopjimmy and it had no effect. I started checking for shorts to ground and found some. They are show in one of the pictures i have posted. the arrows point out all the caps and im sure other items that had ground readings on both sides. I found the ic i replaced had some connections to ground that i don't think there should be.

Is there a service manual to be had for this tv or some schematics of the main board so at least i can know the values of what might need to be replaced.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung-UN39FH5000FXZA-Will Not Turn ON

I know, we all here like to fix things, but it may be less hassle to get used board on eBay.

Comment

Re: Samsung-UN39FH5000FXZA-Will Not Turn ON

Very difficult to repair main boards especially since schematics are typically not available. I have never seen a Samsung main board schematic, only Philips or Sonys from service manuals online. Your PS voltages all look correct. TV not turning on could be EEPROM but you replaced that already. Other than that, you can check any on board regulators. Caps may be used for filtering so you can remove if you find them shorted but there are likely many on the same power rail and it may take time to isolate the correct one.
      Last edited by neilc6; 06-05-2021, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X