Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony Bravia XBR-49X705D Blue/Purple patches

Hello everyone,

Note:Sony Bravia XBR-49X705D is the equivalent to Sony Bravia XBR-49X700D, different model number for Latin America I suppose.

First of all, yep. Overdriven LEDs that have lost their yellow phospor layer. I went around many sites looking for the answer as for why this happens until I reached here and saw other threads regarding similar issues. Thanks for that, I was always hesitant when reading this was related to panel failure and thus non-fixable.

So, at the moment I managed to get hold of the LED strips replacement and I am awaiting for answers from several TV Repair shops. So far, pricing for this replacement work is ranging from from 70USD to 130USD. (approximate conversion, Argentina is a bit tricky when talking about exchanges rates)

One of the repair shops told me that aside of the LED strip change, they will "restrict the work current to get lower temperature and so extend LED life "
    • Is this something common? Is it some kind of voltage adjustment for what is sent to the LEDS?
    • My other question is, if you look at the picture, aside from the obvious purple patches pretty much contaminating all the screen, on the bottom part I got these more grey/obscured patches, marked them with red on the 2nd pic. Any idea what could be the cause for that?

Although on the pics and against a white screen it looks terrible, the phone camera increases the effect. I kinda got used to it as it less noticiable when looking at actual content, yet you know they are still there, tainting your real whites.

Once i get more estimates from shops, i'll cross check reviews, compare prices and send it for veriification. I will follow up on how it goes, and hopefully will be able to upload a much whiter photo next time haha
    Attached Files

Re: Sony Bravia XBR-49X705D Blue/Purple patches

After any backlight replacement, turn down the backlight level on all inputs and apps to 50% or lower. I also turn off any ambient light sensor controlled backlight control. On Sonys, you have to turn down the Brightness setting.

Search Aliexpress for your strips. Should be much cheaper and they ship worldwide.

https://techhometravel.com/lg-49uj65...e-purple-tint/

Comment

Working...
    X