Samsung washing machine no power to discharge pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung washing machine no power to discharge pump

i suspect beko is one of the bigger sellers - that and candy.
    because they are the cheap ones in argos.

Comment

btw, i think we can all agree it was a good day when they stopped using huge cam-switches with a rats-nest of mains wiring coming off of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Wackyracer View Post
        Just to give an Update....I had to bail on the repair for several reasons, further inspection of the machine found worn shocks, excessive play in the shaft bearings and something is broken off between the drum and the tub and floating/rubbing on occasion. The back of the original board showed more burned areas then the front. The cost in parts alone was more then the new machine. So, I bought a new machine and it wasn't a samsung.
        Ouch! Sounds like a good thing you didn't repair it. The washers made for the US tend to have much larger drums than the EU models. I don't want to think what would happen if the drum ripped from the shaft in one of the US models while doing a full-speed spin. Terrifiying seems like an appropriate thought, though.

As for not buying a Samsung... good luck with that! Most of the washers offered at your local Home Depot and Lowes (and Sears... remember those? ) are either made by LG or Samsung. The fact that they are made for the US/North America makes them even more shit, as they tend to have huge drums, which directly translates to much bigger loads on the bearings, and thus they wear out the bearings a lot faster. Add to that the lack of temperature controls. At least most EU washers still allow you to select the temperature for your clothes and not just "Cold", "Warm", and "Hot". (How hot is "HOT"? The "hot" water from my water heater isn't anything I would describe as hot.)

Originally posted by kaboom View Post
        Did it go "thh-bump, thh-bump" when ramping up on spin? If so, bad/broken "spider." They used cheep pot metal here to couple the shaft to the wash basket, which isn't up to semi-caustic conditions of detergent; it doesn't matter if you use "he" detergent or not. The alloy is unsuitable for contact with water over long periods of time as far as I'm concerned, let alone alkaline conditions.
        Exactly.

Another problem with many Samsung and LG washers, at least from what I see on my local Craigslist here, is the tub bearings go bad and then the washer gets extremely noisy. Why? Because the bearings are protected by a single rubber seal, that IMO is way too underrated for the task. With non-HE detergent, the failure is accelerated even faster.

They're highly efficient, though, at taking your money...
        The best customer is the repeat customer.... at least from the point of view of the manufacturer/seller.

The junk at bLowes and Home Despot (the former having worse models) may as well be up on ivory towers with their huge, tacky, oversized windows, the damn doors probably weigh 25-30 pounds themselves!

On the plus side, they would make fancy chicken pens or dog houses.
        https://i1.wp.com/theverybesttop10.c...size=510%2C341

Originally posted by diif View Post
        Only most Miele machines look like they have their design stuck in the 70s. Bloody heavy too. Built like tanks though.
        That's good.
        Many washers in EU from the 70's and 80's were built like tanks. Even the crappy Russian (Soviet Union) and GDR/DDR ones were fine - at least they used good metals. Nowadays, it's all cheap lightweight shit with a fancy paint/finish.

Originally posted by stj View Post
        beko is actually very reliable,
        Really?

I've heart the complete opposite, with Beko being some cheap Turkish stuff, analog to Vestell in TVs.

Originally posted by stj View Post
        i suspect beko is one of the bigger sellers - that and candy.
        Beko is big for sure.

Candy, I don't know. My sister in Europe bought a Candy two years ago, and it is still going great. She puts it through 2-4 *full* loads per day. I'm quite surprised it is still working. The old washer she had before that was also a Candy, but from the early 90's. FWIW, that old Candy is still working - we just moved it to the countryside house as a replacement for an old GDR washer (on which I tried to fix the control board from corrosion, but I still couldn't get the final spin to work normally... but that's for the pointless repair thread, I suppose, give the work I put into it).

Originally posted by stj
        btw, i think we can all agree it was a good day when they stopped using huge cam-switches with a rats-nest of mains wiring coming off of it!
        Yeah, no shit!

The old GDR washer I mentioned above was like that. Some 160 spade-termianl wires later and I had the mechanical "control board" out. Oh, and none of them were labeled. I suspect they had a color wiring diagram at the factory to tell them what wire goes where. I had to make my own, while sitting squated on the ground, before I could take out anything. Talk about a great challenge, this was it. When I put it back together, it actually worked!... well for the most part.

But yeah, I ain't touching those old washers with them rat nests anymore, that's for sure.
        Last edited by momaka; 09-01-2017, 12:33 PM.

Comment

https://consumerist.com/2014/04/03/s...hing-machines/

Comment

^- How agitating...

"pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
            Originally posted by shango066
            All style and no substance.
            Originally posted by smashstuff30
            guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
            guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

The problem that the motor is not spinning is because of the main control board. The board has a design problem that it can't handle the vibrations.

Most Samsung Eco Bubble machines have that problem which is caused by cracked solder. Im picking up a cheap samsung washing machine this friday with the problem it won't finish the washing program. ( same problem ).
              I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

just never touch any top-loaders!
                some of those have exploded - caused by the plastic frame shattering during spin-cycle throwing the drum across the room!!!!

Comment

So i bought the Samsung eco bubble washing machine. ( 7kg ).

I opened it up and unfortunately someone already messed with the control board. Luckily he removed a little of the wax/glue and not all of it but he scratched and damaged the tracks on the board. I think they are still ok but i hate it when they do that....

I removed the important part of the glue. Samsung already printed a nice big arrow with SOLDERING on the board so i knew where to look haha. Some parts already had cold solder after 2/3 years....damn! :o

I reflowed most parts and will test the weekend how it goes. fingers crossed.
                  I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

So the washingmachine is working again and the cause is heat....

The glue/wax is all around the cooling area so heat can only escape via the heatsink. Im thinking to cut the glue out so heat can escape via the side areas of the heatsink also.
                    Attached Files

Comment

a small fan would help

Comment

You can add holes to the cover- but then water can get on the PCB.
                        So it dies from heat, water or vibration.

It just needs airflow.

Comment

I just removed the glue except on some parts. So its still resting on the glue but has ventilation.
                          Another cause is indeed vibration. I think i will use some small rubber in the screw parts. Same rubber that is on speakers from tv's. ( philips ).

Comment

Working...
                          X