No announcement yet.

Panasonic Inverter Refrigerator model NR-BY602XS - suddenly not cold overnight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic Inverter Refrigerator model NR-BY602XS - suddenly not cold overnight

Originally posted by stj View Post
    you could wire them so one end of each lamp is joined, and the other end is hooked to the V,W & U signals like in the diagram,
    that would be pins 7,9 & 11
    Pardon me for being extra cautious as I am quite terrified of high voltage wiring - please help confirming the wiring is correct per your description.
    Thank you.
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Panasonic Inverter Refrigerator model NR-BY602XS - suddenly not cold overnight

Yes you could do that way as long as the voltage rating on light bulbs is above what the voltage of compressor would see

I would still read the voltage across each leg

1 and 3 / 2 and 3 / 1 and 2 the voltages should be no more than 10% different from each other unless there is a high leg
      9 PC LCD Monitor
      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
      30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
      10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
      6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
      1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
      25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
      6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
      1 Dell Mother Board
      15 Computer Power Supply
      1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
      2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
      All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
        Yes you could do that way as long as the voltage rating on light bulbs is above what the voltage of compressor would see

I would still read the voltage across each leg

1 and 3 / 2 and 3 / 1 and 2 the voltages should be no more than 10% different from each other unless there is a high leg
        Thank you for confirming the wiring diagram.

I have done the reading across each leg:
        1) 1 & 2: 160.x vac
        2) 1 & 3: 160.x vac
        3) 2 & 3: 160.x vac

I did it once only but taken a few readings over a few minutes. Each time the readings are about the same.

Just to be sure:
        I inserted a straighten paper-clip each into pin 7, 9 and 11, and measure the voltages across 7 & 9, 7 & 11, 9 & 11. Hope this is correct way to measure them.
        Last edited by beetle1303; 04-24-2020, 07:49 AM.

Comment

the lamps are in series-pair so you would need more than 480v to damage them.

Comment

Originally posted by beetle1303 View Post
            Thank you for confirming the wiring diagram.

I have done the reading across each leg:
            1) 1 & 2: 160.x vac
            2) 1 & 3: 160.x vac
            3) 2 & 3: 160.x vac

I did it once only but taken a few readings over a few minutes. Each time the readings are about the same.

Just to be sure:
            I inserted a straighten paper-clip each into pin 7, 9 and 11, and measure the voltages across 7 & 9, 7 & 11, 9 & 11. Hope this is correct way to measure them.
            Now you need to know if the amperage is the same on three legs with the lights bulbs and with the compressor

Not all amp probes are the same when it comes to reading VFD drive output because of the waveform that a VFD drive has some of can not read it

But if your amp probe can read it there should not be more than 10% different between legs

If the test results are very close to the same then it could be that the compressor has issues or you have a seal system fault of some kind

Or

You could have a problem with the inverter not working correctly
            Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 04-24-2020, 11:11 AM.
            9 PC LCD Monitor
            6 LCD Flat Screen TV
            1 Dell Mother Board
            15 Computer Power Supply

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

Comment

Now you need to know if the amperage is the same on three legs with the lights bulbs and with the compressor

Not all amp probes are the same when it comes to reading VFD drive output because of the waveform that a VFD drive has some of can not read it

But if your amp probe can read it there should not be more than 10% different between legs

If the test results are very close to the same then it could be that the compressor has issues or you have a seal system fault of some kind

Or

You could have a problem with the inverter not working correctly
              I only have 2x 40-watt bulbs, and could get another to try. So I wire up my DMM in series, without the bulbs, with each of the 3 pins, one at a time:

_______________start-up_____1-minute later
              Pin 7(W):_______~0.265A_____~0.235A
              Pin 9(V): _______~0.258A_____~0.223A
              Pin11(U):_______~0.276A_____~0.210A

So all the pins started a little higher, and lowered down a little bit after a minute or so.

Are these readings valid? And of so do they look normal?
              Attached Files
              Last edited by beetle1303; 04-25-2020, 09:11 AM.

Comment

How bright do the light bulb get this amperage seems a little low

Can you do this test with 100 watt bulbs if possible
                9 PC LCD Monitor
                6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                1 Dell Mother Board
                15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

I only have 2x 40 watts bulbs. Can I wire them in series and connect the 2 ends at any 2 of the 3 pins like in the pic below?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here's the link for 1 such pic that caused this error: https://we.tl/t-lLIq3zXP41

** I just did a resized from 15mb to 4mb, then it loads OK.
                    Sorry for the delay, I have changed the PHP settings to allow larger files to upload.
                    I tested with your linked picture and it works fine now.
                    But this one was 4MB, does the 15MB version upload fine too now or does it still error out?
                    Attached Files
                    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

The only one with heatsink is this giant one labelled IMP301 on the board. The only IGBT I can see but without heatsink is MIP414MD
                      IMP301 part is not a good part number

The MIP414MD is a good part number but it a some kind-a power switching power supply regulator

You have not found something like a IGBT module module mount in the case some where
                      9 PC LCD Monitor
                      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                      1 Dell Mother Board
                      15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

I see a couple of problem with the power to the compressor
                        The compressor data label clearly state that the voltage is 240 volts
                        Why are you only getting 160 volts number one
                        Why is your amperage look low to me this might be issues number 2

Issues number 3 is you say that when the compressor run it is not very cool and the heat comes from the condenser coil is not very hot I being to think that something might be wrong with the compressor or your meter device or you might have a gas leak

Does this unit have a data plate on it if it does can you post a picture of it
                        Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 04-26-2020, 09:22 AM.
                        9 PC LCD Monitor
                        6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                        1 Dell Mother Board
                        15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

i doubt most meters will give decent readings on a high frequency drive.

Comment

Some info I found about Panasonic Inverter compressor:
                            http://web.mit.edu/parmstr/Public/x/...onsumption.htm
                            Never stop learning
                            Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                            http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
                              Sorry for the delay, I have changed the PHP settings to allow larger files to upload.
                              I tested with your linked picture and it works fine now.
                              But this one was 4MB, does the 15MB version upload fine too now or does it still error out?
                              This is strange - the original file from my phone camera is 4.3MB, transferred to my Windows 10, resize shown 15.2MB!

But I have since tried loading file sizes bigger than 4MB, all OK now. Thank you.
                              Attached Files

Comment

How bright do the light bulb get this amperage seems a little low

Can you do this test with 100 watt bulbs if possible
                                I did some tests with a 40 watt bulb, one pair of pins (7&9, 7&11, 9&11) at a time. All results are all the same:
                                - The bulb lights up for a about 1 second, then goes off, and remains off.
                                - It grows from nothing to peak (about 10% of normal I guessed) and dims down to nothing all within a second, then remained off for next few minutes during tests.
                                - The compressor never get turned on from the start! But the evaporator fan is on, interior lights are one, and panel indicators are on.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by beetle1303; 04-27-2020, 03:37 AM.

Comment

IMP301 part is not a good part number

The MIP414MD is a good part number but it a some kind-a power switching power supply regulator

You have not found something like a IGBT module module mount in the case some where
                                  I found a few of these SMT type of transistors, not sure what they are.. Other than these there isn't anything familiar to me..
                                  Attached Files

Comment

I see a couple of problem with the power to the compressor
                                    The compressor data label clearly state that the voltage is 240 volts
                                    Why are you only getting 160 volts number one
                                    Why is your amperage look low to me this might be issues number 2

Issues number 3 is you say that when the compressor run it is not very cool and the heat comes from the condenser coil is not very hot I being to think that something might be wrong with the compressor or your meter device or you might have a gas leak

Does this unit have a data plate on it if it does can you post a picture of it
                                    By data plate do you mean this in the pic below?

I am just curious - if the compressor runs at whatever speed, and the inlet is slight cool, the outlet is warm (not hot), and the evaporator coil has refrigerant flowing with gurgling sound, etc, shouldn't the evaporator coil be slightly cool the the touch?
                                    Attached Files

Comment

This is strange - the original file from my phone camera is 4.3MB, transferred to my Windows 10, resize shown 15.2MB!

But I have since tried loading file sizes bigger than 4MB, all OK now. Thank you.
                                      The picture of Win10 you refer to shows the picture size in megapixels.
                                      I.e. resize from 15 megapixels to something smaller...

4608 x 3456 = 15925248 or 15.93 megapixels
                                      Last edited by Per Hansson; 04-27-2020, 09:52 AM.
                                      "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

By data plate do you mean this in the pic below?

I am just curious - if the compressor runs at whatever speed, and the inlet is slight cool, the outlet is warm (not hot), and the evaporator coil has refrigerant flowing with gurgling sound, etc, shouldn't the evaporator coil be slightly cool the the touch?
                                        Refrigerators don't make cold, they remove heat, so the evaporator might not feel very cold. the gurgling sound does suggest the compressor is running. But the diagnostic still gives an error?
                                        Last edited by R_J; 04-27-2020, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
                                          The picture of Win10 you refer to shows the picture size in megapixels.
                                          I.e. resize from 15 megapixels to something smaller...

4608 x 3456 = 15925248 or 15.93 megapixels
                                          Ahh.. MP, not MB. Thanks, all good now.

Comment

Working...
                                          X