replace nichicon HE series 2200mf 16v with vishay BC 136 SERIES 2200mf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replace nichicon HE series 2200mf 16v with vishay BC 136 SERIES 2200mf

i have replace nichicon HE series 2200mf 16v with vishay BC 136 SERIES 2200mf.measuring the nichicons sean on meter 2550mf and zero esr.i measure and the new vishays and sean 2080mf and near zero esr that looks normal.the nichicons numbers is normal so far from label data?and what about vishay 136 any infos from other users here?

Re: replace nichicon HE series 2200mf 16v with vishay BC 136 SERIES 2200mf

Not familiar with Vishay caps, but here is the datasheet for Nichicon's HE series:

And for Vishay's 136rvi series:

https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...e416324ad3.pdf

Depending on the case size, the 2200uF, 16V HE part is rated for 27 milliohms and 2230 mA or 43 milliohms and 2210 mA.

The Vishay part is in a different case size than either HE part and is rated for 38 milliohms and 1600 mA.

38 milliohms may be OK, but the significantly lower ripple current rating may be reason for concern.

I don't know what is available to you there in Greece, so the Vishay part may be what is available to you. The Nichicon HE series is very similar to Nippon Chemicon's KZE series, and fairly similar to Nippon Chemicon's KY series, Panasonic's FM series, and Rubycon's ZL series. I don't know Vishay BCcomponents' quality. I do know that the Nichicon, Nippon Chemicon, Panasonic, and Rubycon series I listed are very good (and also Nichicon's HD series).
    PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
    To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

2500-odd uF on a 2200 uF cap is generally OK, as that's about +15% higher capacitance. Electrolytic caps are rated +/-20%. Thus, for a 2200 uF cap, anywhere between 1760 uF and 2640 uF is still considered in spec. That said, do beware that when a capacitor's capacitance starts going high and approaches the 20% mark, the cap should be deemed suspect, because that may be indicating that the electrolyte inside the capacitor may be starting to attack the aluminum on the plates, increasing the capacitance at the expense of higher leakage current and also lower tolerable operating voltage. That said, I don't think Nichicon HE are known to fail in this matter, so your Nichicon HE caps are more than likely OK.

Comment

thanks for answers guys. i have forgoten to note the vishays is 50 volts that i have available.the last years i have replace hundreds of caps from psus and all types of cirquits and ofcoures measure every time new and old.so big difference never sean again like the nichicons.always i measure 5 to 20% down from label data.and is quite normal.few times only sean that extreme numbers on cheap crap chinese no name capacitors from psus that i have to repaire.from 2200mf to 5550 is a bit strainge and high number.

Comment

Working...
        X