Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello there..

Comment

Hello!

Comment

Hey gang! I've been a frequent visitor to badcaps.net, but only now registered to this site. Been in electronics since the mid-1960s (junior high school), fixing cast-off console model tube radios from the '30s and '40s. Attended WVU Tech (West Virginia Institute of Technology back then), class of 1975, received my BSEE. Worked at Armco Steel, General Electric, Chrysler Huntsville Electronics, and finished two years ago at Battelle Memorial Institute in Huntsville. Retired now but keeping busy with ham radio (KU4AA) and my test equipment. Interests range from my pristine 1940 Motorola console radio (yep, still doing it! ) to my Siglent SSA3021X Plus Spectrum Analyzer--and a shelving unit full of HP, Rohde and Schwarz, and Hameg equipment in various stages of repair.

And yes, I've certainly had my fill of bad capacitors!

Comment

Hi ladies 'n gents,

Joining this thread as an student embedded systems, also debugging its first laptop HW. (post about that soon )
          Straight out of the Netherlands looking for new stuff to learn in here so we'll see where that gets us!

Big fan of dell xps'es, but not their customer service though

Comment

HELLO guys this is mazen from Lebanon hope we have good cooperation to fulfill our laptop failure.

Comment

Я начинал с того что бесплатно помогал с ремонтом техники соседям и друзьям, потом втянулся и мне стало это интересно. Начал самообучение и вышел за пару лет на уровень среднего ремонтника , хочу вступить в ваш круг общения.

Comment

Merhaba aranızda olmaktan çok mutluyum. Burada güzel vakit geçireceğimden hiç şÃ¼phem yok

Comment

Hello everyone, greetings from Colombia

Comment

Originally posted by stretch0069 View Post
                    Welcome oreynid. we like to have fun here.

we also manage to answer questions too.
                    Me chama Alencar, obrigado por aceitar minha inscrição .Sou um rato de laboratório técnico. Me primeiro PC foi um 486 DX266. Gosto muito da minha privacidade. Mais estamos em fórum, espero aprender e passar um pouco da minha experiência também.

Comment

Me chama Alencar, obrigado por aceitar minha inscrição. Sou um rato de laboratório técnico. Me primeiro PC foi um 486 DX266. Gosto muito da minha privacidade. Mais estamos em fórum, espero aprender e passar um pouco da minha experiência também.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

My name is Vishvesh Kavlekar from India. I have been repairing laptops since last one year. Please feel free to ask me about laptop repair.

Thanks & Regards

Comment

Hi and thank you for accepting me to your forum. I have been retired for a few years and wish to keep the old grey cells active.I have always had an interest in computers and I have built a few over the years but struggle with detection of faults but once found I am ok with the soldering iron and hot air station so I think this could be the best place to move my knowledge forward.

Comment

Hi all, just a quick hello..
                            Being a child of the 70's I sort of grew up in the first ish home PCs... zx spectrum, c16, amiga etc through the decades....
                            Been in the hardware/network field for a long time but have decided to learn the componant side of it as I dont like not knowing, so that needed to be rectified.... ;-)
                            I have basic knowledge of componants etc and have decided that I need to know more for my own self improvement.

Comment

Greeting from Malaysia. I'm still learning on fixing laptop motherboard and still got a long way to go. Hopefully I can be as good as most people here. Thanks.

Comment

Hello everyone, greetings from Morocco.

Comment

Hiya, looking forward to learning more about repairing boards.

Comment

Hi all; I'm known as DBos
                                    I enjoy fixing just about anything, it's so rewarding to take something that's not working and see it come to life when you're finished.
                                    As of now I'm working on a vizio vo370m and have no power to the TCON board.

Comment

Yellow,

I’m a software developer, but I’m here for electronics discussions. I’m a hobbyist and a beginner.

I’ve successfully created a couple of simple electronics projects, e.g. related to home automation (connected to Arduino and Home Assistant).

And I’ve tried to repair some electronics (laptops, SMPS) with disastrous results. I’ve developed an inclination to short and burn components with my metering probe. Luckily I usually try to “repair” electronics of no value, being aware of my “abilities”.

I’m here to learn electronics and to ask about a good soldering station.

Cheers!

Comment

Well, I'm inkmanbob because I used to be a tattoo artist ,till I got shot during a robbery of said shop,I'd always loved phones and after I took a course in phone repair (mostly components )I started on laptops and desktops ,before long I was into software as well as firmware too.i am autistic.people often times confuse autism with other developmental disabilities,for the record ,I'm hig- functioning ,but I am very literal ,I don't understand humor ,so I don't tell jokes .I'm really similar to everyone else and I'm trying to not only learn ,but also learn to better interact with people .I'm awkward so be patient with me .,thank you

Comment

Hello, guys. I really love this forum and it has helped me multiple times.
                                          I am fixing things for a hobby and want to learn as much as possible.
                                          Thank you for the knowledge and for this forum.
                                          Glad to be here!

Comment

Working...
                                          X