This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I was referred to the forums for tech assistance and I gotta say I'm excited to see how much is available on here. Very nice...

Comment

Just want to say Hello
      I think I will enjoy this group, looks like they are into everything. I get into trouble because there isn't much I wont take apart to try and repair, after I try to understand how it works it's easy. I'm into automotive, electronics and computers.

Thanks

Comment

just want to say hello

Im from indonesia comer for learn here
        im worked as tech at small broadcasting radio comercial.
        thanks tomcat .

Comment

hey there.. im mark from phil.. ive like to fix a lot of electronic gadget such as.. laptop and gadgdets...thanks BADCPAS....

Comment

Hi everyone

I just found this rather excellent looking forum so here is a little bit about me which hopefully means I will shortly be able to ask some repair related questions and hey you never know, help other members too.

I'm from the UK and I've been an electronics hobbyist on-and-off all my life since age about 14 when my dad gave me a 'how to build your own transistor radio' book.

I'm getting on a bit in age now and I'm certainly no beginner with electronics.

I got my City & Guilds way back in the 80s in 'Video TV & Electronic Servicing' when some TVs still had valves in them! And not just the CRT!

Never fixed TVs for a living as I went straight to work for International Computers Ltd in their repair workshops for seven years, repairing down to component level.

Also got good qualifications in Microprocessor Circuit Design & Programming and while working at I.C.L. and worked there as a programmer for a few years.

In the 90s I worked in Industrial Electronics repair for a couple years, which was quite interesting as we usually had no schematics but were expected to fix PCBs to component level, often having to build or design suitable test rigs for the PCBs first.

Following that.... well I started a business building PCs back in the 90s and this morphed into Satellite Installation and generally installing and sorting out AV wiring in pubs and bars in the 00's when the PC boom seemed over.

Now of course it is all IPTV, and I do have pretty good knowledge of LANs, linux servers etc.

Much more recently I have been repairing Disco Equipment (Amps, Mixers, Lights Lasers etc) as a side line

So basically that is about me - just so you know if you advise me I will probably understand what you are telling me and be able to apply that advice

Now I have moved to Gran Canaria and, wanting something else to occupy my time other than lying on the beach all day, I found folks round here have lots of electronic stuff and no one to fix it.

So I am trying to lend the other expats a hand and make a few euros while I am at it. I'm not doing this as a job, just a side line.

However some stuff I am asked to look at like LCD TVs I have no experience of whatsoever and I can't find any valves in them ........ Which explains I was looking for an electronics repair forum

I brought some of my kit with me so have various meters, digital scope, bench PSU, through hole and SMD rework station and toolkit here. At least the basics of what I need to do some jobs.

I Left the heavy stuff (Mains isolation transformer, Variac and my trusty Techtronix analog scope) back in the UK for now.

OK so that's a little about me, I look forward to learning from and hopefully contributing to this forum.

Oh and I have some questions to ask about a certain faulty LG LED TV....

cheers
            Rich
            Follow me on YouTube
            ------------------
            Learn Electronics Repair
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Comment

Hey, everyone. Like a lot of people I'm here because of issues with an LCD TV. I have a little electronics experience but nothing even remotely advanced. I've spent my life around computers and have been troubleshooting and fixing them for a long time but not to the point of replacing individual components in a computer part. I've replaced the power jack on a laptop motherboard but that's probably the extent.

Comment

Cheers from Greece!

Comment

Hey Guys,

currently trying to fix my good old ASUS UX32VD-R4002h...
                  The display died and burned the LVDS-Connector. I found some schematics in the forums and so i registered...
                  I'm a hardware engineer in RL so i hope to get this fixed

From Germany, btw.

Comment

Hey all,
                    I am Brian from St Vincent in the Caribbean. I hope to help when I can and also hope that others will help me when need be. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Chirandu View Post
                      Hi guys! I'm really looking forward to participating in the discussions. My current topic of interest is motherboard component level troubleshjooting
                      Me to , just a newbie here

Comment

Hi folks... out of the repair game since crt days but I grew up in a tv/video business and still a big techy. Still do a few installation jobs, computer set ups for mates etc.. but having issues with a few pieces at the moment so here I am... I'm an Irish dude living in spain.. so hi to all and hope I can find some answers and maybe answer a few question as well

Comment

Hello everyone I am a do it your selfer looking to fix and old pioneer pro 1150hd i have that it is one hell of a television that i dont plan in getting rif of any time soon i found a few threads on different models. But my problem of the 8 blinking lights i would like to just test the board my self smaller cheaper fixes to the board amy guidmace or tutorails is greatly appreciated

Brandon

Comment

Hi everyone. Quick introduction from me, I'm here to find help repairing my tv after extensive search on google but no luck so far (

Comment

Greetings. Looking to learn about electronics.

Comment

Hi, my name is Jeff. I have an engineering degree in electronics & network administration and I was an avionics technician while I served in the US Navy.
                                I came here to search for a few capacitors to repair my Home subwoofer.

Nice to meet everyone here.
                                Rebel Without A Cause ....

Comment

Hello I was a 1a tech for a mayor communications company and a systems tech in army so I found a fix here so I joined. Cheers!

Comment

Hello!

I like to solve friends computerproblems but now it seems like I need new friends to solve mine

Comment

Hey there. Just looking for some help diagnosing a power board for an old monitor a friend gave me. This place seems pretty helpful, so I'm optimistic!

Comment

Hello, Everyone.
                                        Very glad to go to this bbs, I hope i would like here with all of you.

Comment

Hi , I am 34 years old, married with two sons , I am from Zimbabwe, Africa, computer enthusiast, i did a bit of electronics and i am learning laptop repairs down to component level through the use of forums such as this one.

Comment

Working...
                                          X