HP Pavilion 15-CX DPK54 LA-841P Rev:1A No power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Pavilion 15-CX DPK54 LA-841P Rev:1A No power

Hello! This is my first post here, I'm going to try to provide as much information as possible.

Machine: HP HP Pavilion 15-CX0020NR
    Specifications:
    -CPU: Intel Core i5 8300H
    -GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050Ti
    -RAM: 12GB DDR4
    -Storage: None present
    Motherboard Model Number: DPK54 LA-841P Rev:1A

Background:
    I got this laptop from a friend after it had been sitting in a desk for a few months. Before this, the laptop had been dropped and the screen and the chassis had separated, wires between them had been cut. Immediately after this the device would still turn on and could still be used with a external monitor. It was in a desk for some time, I'm willing to believe it maybe shorted out after not being properly shut down and just left to sit, or the battery and any of the exposed, ripped wires caused a short somehow.

Current Behavior:
    After having been put away for some time, and eventually coming into my possession, the device would no longer turn on whatsoever, no power or charging indicators, no fan spin, it appears to be dead.

Inspection:
    Having examined the board, I see no visibly damaged or burnt out components.

Troubleshooting:
    I read the "Laptop battery charging circuit" post and did my best to follow along, but I'm still a bit lost on how to apply that information to my problematic motherboard. I don't think a schematic exists for this motherboard, so I've done my best to piece together how I think some of it works.

I don't entirely understand yet how to test voltages and resistances, but I'm here to learn! I've marked up the photos with how I think it works.

Thank you for your time and assistance!
    Attached Files
Working...
X