Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Pavilion 15-N DIS to UMA Conversion done BUT no Audio output

Hi All,

Please, I need help in getting my audio output to work. I did a conversion from DIS to UMA in HP Pavilion 15-N AMD (Model: U92) BUT I'm not getting any sound. I think the audio is tied to the faulty graphics chip. Is there any way i can convert the audio too?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: HP Pavilion 15-N DIS to UMA Conversion done BUT no Audio output

How did you convert from discreate graphics to ram board shared Graphic and why? Can you go to the device manager and open display adapters and take a snip it or screen shot, and then go to the sound and game devices and take another snip it. Finally. Go to system and take another snip it and post it on this site? Then I believe you will get some help.

Comment

Originally posted by keeney123 View Post
      How did you convert from discrete graphics to ram board shared Graphic and why? Can you go to the device manager and open display adapters and take a snip it or screen shot, and then go to the sound and game devices and take another snip it. Finally. Go to system and take another snip it and post it on this site? Then I believe you will get some help.
      Dedicated chip got damaged, so i disconnected power supply to it by removing an Inductor that supply's voltage to it. From that part to the chip is shortened already.

In device manager, the discrete chip isn't detected. I will check that of the Audio and report back. Its been a while since i checked it. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by classicandy View Post
        Dedicated chip got damaged, so i disconnected power supply to it by removing an Inductor that supply's voltage to it. From that part to the chip is shortened already.

In device manager, the discrete chip isn't detected. I will check that of the Audio and report back. Its been a while since i checked it. Thanks
        I had wanted a snip it uploaded to this site of the device manager for the display adapter to see what adapter your system is showing up as. Are there any {!} marks ect. Same goes with the Audio both in the "system speaker" and the "Audio for games controller and sound."

You decided to change from discrete graphics to shared ram graphics because one of the discrete IC were shorted?

Is your discrete graphics built into the motherboard or is it a separate card?
        From what you are telling me it is built into the motherboard.

Does your motherboard have switchable graphics, meaning that depending on energy load the graphic switches between shared ram to discrete or does your motherboard software default to discrete graphics? Therefore, the default will need to be changed.

What are you doing when no sound is coming out. What speakers are you using. Meaning are they the system speakers, external speakers and what output are you using, HMDI, headphones or just the internal speakers of the laptop? What built-in sound card are you using, brand and model number and what is the driver that is making it work? All these things affect the sound output. Along with the Operating System. Is it a Windows System and what number or name goes with the system. Window 10... Linux14...

Comment

Working...
        X