onkyo tx nr515 - dsp replacement....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

onkyo tx nr515 - dsp replacement....

hi guys, i got an onkyo tx nr515 which came with dsp chip taken off the board, and a few pads ripped... i did repair the pads, and soldered back the dsp chip back but no luck...
    it has D830K013BZKB4 dsp version chip. i am planning to buy a D830K013DZKB4 version of dsp chip, but i need to know if it need to be programmed, or something.
    i found an polish forum where someone does the same thing for tx nr616 and someone points the nand must be reprogrammed in order to work?
    question is does, anyone have tx nr515 nand dump?
    did anyone tried this before?
    thanks!

Re: onkyo tx nr515 - dsp replacement....

Hi, there are lot's of topics about that defective DSP/DTS chips.
    Just use the forum search for the chip number.

p.s. The forum search does not seem to do the work, so use this instead https://www.google.com/search?q=site....net+onkyo+dsp
    Last edited by madan1; 11-10-2020, 09:45 AM.

Comment

TJmotter is the expert, on repairalmostanything forum, though it is pretty quite there.

Comment

Last night i sent PM to TJmotter, maybe he can answer / guide /help me

i was thinking: my nr515 has rev B dsp chip... Changing with a rev D, might need to reprogram the nand... which i've read is very difficult because the lack of dumps and bad sectors of nand chips...
        WHAT IF i get a rev B chip instead, and just replace it. This way flashing nand isn't necessary i suppose?!?
        If a rev B last 1-2 years i'm pleased....

Cheers! (noroc!)
        Justin

Comment

If I recall correctly, there is no need to mess with the nand, if you replace the DSP.
          The software could be corrupted as well.

Comment

I guess i’ll change dsp ic rev B with a rev B and see if it’s working... else i’ll reprogram nand...
            Last edited by justin35; 11-13-2020, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Rev D, right?

Comment

I was thinkng to try with rev B first... maybe i don't need to reprogram nand memory.

Comment

Rev B was recalled by TI. It is a bad chip.

Comment

I know... but if i use rev D I assume i have to reprogram nand 100%?
                    Am i wrong?

Comment

I have never heard that, that you have to reprogram anything with the rev D.

Comment

Well I bought 3 rev D dsp chips from china... i just placed a new one on onkio tx 8050 and nothing.... still “??????????” On the display
                        Of course network and usb “now initializ”
                        Any suggestion?

Comment

Try https://repairalmostanything.com/board/7/audio
                          Tjmotter is the expert.
                          The same exact thing happened to me as well and I gave up, at least for a while. It is an old receiver anyway(for me).

Comment

Thanks for your reply!
                            I think i found my problem on that forum...
                            Even from beginning it was something unusual with the rev D chips i received... and now i think they are “fake”
                            Why i am saying this? The original chip had 3 larger holes on eqch corner and one slightly smaller on the fourth one which also indicates it's orientation... the new one i received doesn't have any....
                            This indicates they have sanded surfaces and new laser engraved texts... they may also be rev B “refurbished” ...
                            As one the repairanything forum i found a guy which points this for the Chinese ic's...
                            Tomorrow i'll compare them under microscope... and come back with some pictures...

Comment

That is a possibility for sure. I may had the same issue in the past. That is why, Tj buys Onkyo boards with D version ICs on them, and uses those on his repairs.

Comment

Hey everybody!!!
                                I just installed a new dsp chip and i think receiver is back to normal.
                                I had to buy a different onkyo board with the same dsp chip and harvest it
                                Now i can access network and it asks for update. It also works on all inputs and outputs. I assume it's fixed!
                                I have no knowledge about this tx nr515 menu or how to use it for now
                                I fitted a small radiator on dsp chip, and will attach a fan inside the case to blow air over it.
                                So, in conclusion, i don't think you need to program anything, you just need a good chip.

Comment

Working...
                                X