Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help troubleshooting my Samsung Plasma TV FPT5084 PSU (BN44-00175A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help troubleshooting my Samsung Plasma TV FPT5084 PSU (BN44-00175A)

I have a plasma TV, a Samsung FPT5084 with the power supply #BN44-00175A and i'm having the common bad cap problem... I think I can say for sure that my problem is on the power supply because I have a fuse always blowing on it. At first, I replaced the fuse and my TV was back to normal. But after a second time I changed the fuse in a month, I searched for another problem. I replaced a few caps (only the one that I saw were bulged at the top) because at that time, I thought it was the only sign of a bad cap. The fuse kept blowing so I bought a power supply from BUYQUAL. When I put it in, I get a different problem (TV turn on and is fine for 2 min and then turn off and I get the blinking red LED in front). So here I am, looking for some help :/

1. I should have asked before buying but anyone know if BUYQUAL is a good company ? I think I have the answer because the board didn't look new and a few solder didn't look very well made.

2. Can there be another reason beside the bad cap for the fuse on my power supply to always blow ? (Fuse at FE801 on the BN44-00175A board). I was thinking of a resistor but the one I tested (the one right besides the fuse) looked good. Maybe a diode but I don't have the tool to test it (well the only tool I have is a multimeter).

3. I want to recap the whole board. Is there a place where I could find a list of all the parts I need instead of looking at all of them on the board and list them by myself ?

Here's pics. The first 3 are from my original board and the 3 others are from the one I bought from BUYQUAL.

Thanks a lot
    Attached Files

Re: Help troubleshooting my Samsung Plasma TV FPT5084 PSU (BN44-00175A)

Not that I could be much help, but if you still have the power board.......could you share was capacitor value is at CP814? It's right next to PFC hybrid near main filter caps. I received a board and oddly......that capacitor has been removed and I'm unsure what value should be there.

Thanks

Comment

Re: Help troubleshooting my Samsung Plasma TV FPT5084 PSU (BN44-00175A)

its 50V 10uF...i found it in a box ...

Comment

Working...
      X