Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharp LC-70LE757U Flashing 2-5 :-( can it be saved economically?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp LC-70LE757U Flashing 2-5 :-( can it be saved economically?

Thank you very much budwich i wil do that, but after read all post in this thread i realise my problem is the 13.2 volts from the power suplay because if i remove all display (panel) flat cables i get the same error code 2-5 so i realise if i start the set and mesure the output voltage from the PS i should get 13.2 v right and yes i get it but in two 3 secounds they start to fall to 12.8 ~ 12.2 v and finaly when the set turn on the back lights they go to 11.5v and the set goes off all this with the flat cables from the main board disconected and conected are the same readings i change main bord to the old one i have and same results so my conclusion is i have probably some voltage regulator or some output capacitor failing i guess. Before i open a new thread please i like to ear your opinion.
    Thanks very much to all people from this thread.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by arraialp; 11-24-2019, 05:36 AM.

Comment

try doing the following test.... all cables connected but disconnect just one cable from the tcon to panel. What happens / what is the display looking like? Do the same test again with the opposite cable from the tcon to panel disconnect. What happens this time?

Sometimes, the 13.2 volts is removed if the set detects an issue with either the panel or backlights. The fact that you see the voltage start to "slide" gives me the impression that there is an issue in the panel.

Comment

Hi budwich thanks for your replay...i already measure the 13.2 with the right flat cable (tcom) disconected and the left to and i disconect the two cables also and i get same exact mesures this time when the backlights come and the image from the display (2 secounds) sayng hdmi 4 the fall goes from 11.8v to 10.8 v more than my last attempt with the two flat cables conected the last picture with image off course was with the two flat cables conected. i sent some images for a more clear idea from the set. .....give always when shut down 2-5 code.
        Again Thanks for your kindness and patience....
        Attached Files
        Last edited by arraialp; 11-24-2019, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Please show the display when one cable on tcon to panel is disconnected. Also input a signal into the tv. With one cable disconnected, the disconnected side should be white.

Further, the last picture shows a display... there is an image. not sure why you say there is "image off"... what does this mean... no input sent???? can you display a menu?
          Last edited by budwich; 11-24-2019, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Hi yes i do it but i canot take a picture fast enoght i disconect the left flat cable and they shut down much more fast i see the left side goes white very fast i put tv signal via hdmi from my other tv. i make it in the oposite cable to the right one and they show up the hdmi box image and shut down but the strange thing is in the first atempt the side who goes white veri fast was the conected one and not the side of the screen i disconected the cable. But in the two situations they gives 2-5 code but more fast them when the two flat cables are conected.
            p.s. and yes no input at the time when i take the last shoot, but this doesnt mather cause even with hdmi input signal on the set they dont alow to much time to show nothing they shut down showing the hdmi box cause like i say the image stay on only for two secounds and this set is slow betwin showing hdmi box and starts to show the image i think..and no i canot show the menu.
            Last edited by arraialp; 11-24-2019, 09:15 AM.

Comment

ok.... please start your own thread / post so people can focus on your set.

Comment

Ok Thank you for all, i really apreciate your help.

Comment

Thanks to this thread I was able to save a LC-70LE757U from the recycle pile at work. Thank you all for your contributions, this thread is very helpful in diagnosing this model.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurritoMan View Post
                    Thanks to this thread I was able to save a LC-70LE757U from the recycle pile at work. Thank you all for your contributions, this thread is very helpful in diagnosing this model.
                    Thanks for feedback, with a thread this long it helps to state exactly how you fixed the tv.

Comment

The image stabilization system is a proprietary development of Panasonic, which we have already had time to evaluate when working with other models of cameras. The use of Lumix lenses allows you to combine their optical stabilization with the internal stabilization of the camera due to Dual I. S. 2, which in total gives a gain of up to five stages of stabilization. In practice, this means that you can shoot with your hands at much longer exposures, and therefore not increase the sensitivity too much to get high-quality images. The maximum available sensitivity has become higher-ISO 25600. So also the best of all https://konigslot.de/alles-spitze/ and you're a millioner! Panasonic the Lumix DC-G90 has 49 focus zones and allows continuous shooting at 9 frames per second. The manufacturer claims improved autofocus in low light and low contrast conditions, which are typical for evening or foggy landscapes. The camera has a number of functions that facilitate night shooting: Starlight AF, MF Assist 20x, Live View Boost.

Comment

Originally posted by BoardHoarder View Post
                        Ripped off all 8 tabs from the left edge and now have a dark spot
                        Thought I'd add another data point. I have the same LC-70UD27U Sharp 70" Ultra HD as BoardHoarder in post #255, and it had the exact same symptoms...2 long, 5 short flashes (bad LED), no backlight and no image on screen with flashlight test. No visible physical or electrical damage (bad caps) of any kind.

When I disconnected the right two ribbon connectors from the bottom of the t-con (#3 and #4 from the left), I got the same split screen as in BoardHoarders pictures (viewed from the front: left half was white and right half had good image). I found that I got the same result if I only disconnected #3 t-con ribbon connector (so #1, #2 and #4 ribbons were connected).

This model is a different design than most of the other Sharp 70" LE models mentioned in this thread; it doesn't have ribbon connectors wrapping around the bottom corner edges, so I couldn't disconnect them to see if it made any difference to the picture. However, the bottom of the TV has 4 green driver boards, and I found (with all 4 ribbons connected at the t-con) that when I disconnected the ribbon connector between driver board #3 and #4 (from the left, viewed from the back) corresponding to the white screen , I got improvement. Three quarters of the screen had good image, and only 1/4 had a white screen corresponding to the disconnected board. I examined the green driver board to see if I saw any bad components and there was nothing obvious.

I decided to go ahead and remove the side ribbon tabs on the end with the white screen. There are 8 ribbon tabs on each side of this model. They are hard to see, and I had to remove a 2nd black metal rim to get to them. I put the tv on it's back on a table using 3 pool "noodles" to support the frame, removed the 2nd black metal rim, and accessed the side tabs. I examined each tab to see if I could see overheated components and none of them appeared damaged. The tabs looked fine, but I went ahead and removed all 8 easily, and fairly cleanly, and re-installed the rim and tested the tv.

The screen had a good image all the way across, so I reassembled the rest of the tv. Upon closer inspection, I found 2 issues:
                        1. There are 2 slight streaks that run the width of the led that seems to correspond to one of the tabs that I removed. I'm considering breaking down the screen again to see if I can clean up the removed tab area a bit more to remove the streak, but so far it hasn't annoyed me enough to go to the trouble.
                        2. There is a darkish spot, somewhat similar to BoardHoarder's picture, except mine is much larger, less distinct, and in the lower, central part of the screen. This must be a result of removing the tabs on this particular model design. It is not very noticeable and between the two issues, the streak is more obvious.

All in all, I consider it a success. I want to thank Budwich and Freakaftr8 for all the good info they contributed in this thread. This was a free TV that I repaired to be usable and kept out of the dumpster.

Key Data Point: Both of the Sharp LC-70UD27U models in this thread that have had the tabs removed ended up with the dark spot. I think it's still a worthwhile fix because the spot doesn't bother me much in normal viewing, but it is an issue.

Comment

Hi

I started a new thread on this tv, but would it be possible to provide more detail in regards to removing the 8 side tabs on this particular tv? Pictures would be much appreciated.

thanks
                          Last edited by SMDFlea; 12-29-2020, 04:16 PM. Reason: removed full quote

Comment

Originally posted by tritonic View Post
                            I pulled a working Sharp LC-70LE84U from somebody's wall. After plugging it in at my house I see the dreaded 2 5 flashing. It's a shock since the TV was working hours ago. The only difference is it was plugged into a Monster Power Center.

Here's what I've tried:

1) Entering service mode. Excuse the crappy source but it looks fine and I get the "K"
                            2) Test pulling each of the four T-Con connectors at the T-Con board and testing each time. TV doesn't turn on. I think you're supposed to pull the L/R corner plugs but looks like I need to take of the bezel and I didn't go that far.
                            3) Tested PNL_PWR (Pin 16) on the power supply board which was really hard to get to. It's 3.32V right after plugging in the TV. Goes to 0V after ~10s when the TV starts 2 5 flashing.

I've attached pictures. I'd really appreciate some help on next steps.
                            Hi

I am having an almost identical issue. I had a post here about it a while ago but ended up getting side tracked and put it on the back burner. Today I decided to give it one more try before getting rid of it. I took the power board out and tested voltages and everything looks fine.

Did you figure out what the issue was? How do you enter service mode on these models? Thanks!

Comment

We need to see if the mainboard is sending the proper signals to the powerboard.
                              Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-13-2021, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Start with testing the voltages at the connector on the powerboard with EVERYTHING hooked up, it's the connector that the cable from powerboard to mainboard hooks into, most times there's a legend/map nearby that gives the expected voltages, you measure them with your mutimeter, set meter to 20 vdc then report them, put neg probe on chassis metal ground, pos probe on pin of connector, measure in standby take note, leave probes where they are then power on tv and again take note of voltages, report them here, example pin 1-ps-on-0 volts standby-power on-3.3 volts. Try to post some clear straight on pictures of each board and one of the whole back to see how they are connected if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                                  the top two connectors likely go to powering the backlights... there should be some labeling such as + / - ... you can carefully measure voltage across those "pairs"... note, it might only be momentarily on as the system may shut down those voltage when an error is detected.

Further as mentioned by budm, IF indeed that measurement is correct, it would seem high... maybe. The "ground" measurement seem very strange. Do you have your meter set on DC or AC? Another general check, find two chassis screws locations and measure the voltage across those.... is there a difference? Further, again with power off / disconnected, do the same test with a resistance reading... it should be 0 or a short.
                                  Hey budwich, sorry for the super delayed response. I got sidetracked and this project went on the back burner for a bit. Its taking up space right now but I decided to give it one more shot before throwing it away.

As mentioned in this thread (https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...38#post1015238) I did check the LED panel pins as you mentioned and a couple of pins are showing 85v, 45v, etc. The others show nothing. When the error codes kick in I slowly get the voltage drop on each pin. If you could chime in on the new post just to keep things organized for people having similar issues in the future, I would truly appreciate it. I just want to see this thing light up so badly but running out of ideas =(

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                                    Start with testing the voltages at the connector on the powerboard with EVERYTHING hooked up, it's the connector that the cable from powerboard to mainboard hooks into, most times there's a legend/map nearby that gives the expected voltages, you measure them with your mutimeter, set meter to 20 vdc then report them, put neg probe on chassis metal ground, pos probe on pin of connector, measure in standby take note, leave probes where they are then power on tv and again take note of voltages, report them here, example pin 1-ps-on-0 volts standby-power on-3.3 volts. Try to post some clear straight on pictures of each board and one of the whole back to see how they are connected if possible.

Thanks for the response! Here are the details. Also, I just realize I have a backlight tester probe. Is there a way to try and power on the back lights manually to see if they light up on this model? Also, where can I find a schematic for this board to know what the actual voltages should be?

These are the readings I got when I had tried a while back:

Pin 1, PNL_12V: 11.91v
                                    Pin 2, PNL_12V: 11.94v
                                    Pin 3, GROUND: 0.28v
                                    Pin 4, GROUND: 0.27v (although ground, just posting my meter reading)
                                    Pin 5, UR13.2v: 13.35v
                                    PIN 6, UR13.2v: 13v
                                    PIN 7, UR13.2v: 13.35v
                                    PIN 8, UR13.2v: 13v
                                    PIN 9, GROUND: 02.4v (again, just posting my auto range meter reading)
                                    PIN 10, GROUND: 02.3v
                                    PIN 11, GROUND: 02.3v
                                    PIN 12, GROUND: 0.23v
                                    PIN 13, AC_DET: 3.3v
                                    PIN 14, PS_ON: 3.3v
                                    PIN 15, BU5v: 5.04v
                                    PIN 16, PNL_POW: 5v
                                    PIN 17, PWM1: 13.3v
                                    PIN 18, NC: 13.4v
                                    PIN 19, DIMMER: 13.4v
                                    PIN 20, ?: 13.6v
                                    PIN 21, OFL: 3.4v
                                    PIN 22, ERROR: This pin I tested a few times goes up and down 3v, 5v, 7v in no order. Basically bounces around.
                                    PIN 23, PWM2 / NC?: 9.5v
                                    PIN 24, STB: 9.5v
                                    Last edited by anthony_c; 01-13-2021, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                    X