Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharp AQUOS LC-60LE633U--Power light flashing 5 times fast and then 2 slow flashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp AQUOS LC-60LE633U--Power light flashing 5 times fast and then 2 slow flashes

Gentlemen.
    I am new to the forum...but not to TV repair.
    I can't find the service manual but all the similar case histories call for a "Panel power supply error" or power supply.
    I purchased a power supply from Ebay it did not fix it.
    Does anyone have access to the service manual and /or some suggestions...

Thanks,
    Steve B

Re: Sharp AQUOS LC-60LE633U--Power light flashing 5 times fast and then 2 slow flashe

UNPLUG HOLD DOWN POWER AND MENU BUTTONS PLUG POWER IN FOR 5 SECONDS, THEN RELEASE POWER AND MENU BUTTONS TV LIGHTS UP, HAS CRACKED DISPLAY HAD 2 0F THESE TO COME IN TODAY
    try this/

Comment

Re: Sharp AQUOS LC-60LE633U--Power light flashing 5 times fast and then 2 slow flashe

Interesting, does this work for the older Sharp models too?

Comment

you cant hold them down as they are touch sensitive ,,,,,

Comment

Try disconnecting the pannel ribbon connectors from the T-con board, and then powering the tv on. Its possable the panel is damaged

Comment

re:
            Last edited by esteve; 01-22-2015, 11:10 AM.

Comment

I tried "disconnecting the panel ribbon connectors from the T-con board", and that allowed the set to power on with the backlight.....and there is was ..a big spider web..(cracked screen)
              Good call RJ..

Comment

The crack probably shorts out some of the panel drivers, making them trip an error. That's the first I've heard or seen of an LCD doing that after damage though.
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hi i have the same exact problem my tv is flashing 2 slow lights 5 fast lights, i have zero picture at all no matter what i do, when plugged into cable it shows sharp logo then goes black , i tried a new power supply board but didnt help i unplugged the tcon board and the screen backlight lights up for a few then shuts off no cracks or damage

Comment

adding to this thread but with a twist as my problem is similar yet different..

TV Model: Sharp LC-60EQ10U
                    Blink code: 2 long 5 short. (Panel Power Supply)

What actually happens:
                    When i plug in the TV everything appears to be working. The TV lights turn on and im able to turn on the TV. THe picture looks great and audio works aka everything works. about 1 or 2 minutes into it the screen starts to appear all glitchy before the screen turns off and the blink codes appear.

I opened the back and looked for any blown caps on the power supply board but could not see anything... i do not see any damage on the T-Con board as well..

my next thing to try is to grab a DMM at start measuring but has anyone else have this same issue and found a solution? Im hoping its not the back panel....

Comment

What dcV do you have for the 12v_panel?
                      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49088
                      Never stop learning
                      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

You can probably get to the "end" faster if you follow the "remove one cable from the tcon and check the resulting picture" test (repeat with the other cable). If you get any "stable result", depending on what the pictures look like, you will have your direction for further investigation.

Comment

Ill give that a try soon.

heres a video of my TV's current state in yall are more interested in videos instead of descriptions.

https://youtu.be/4ri3wgZhSnE

disregard the sounds... its just me texting.

Comment

Originally posted by vwynn View Post
                            Ill give that a try soon.

heres a video of my TV's current state in yall are more interested in videos instead of descriptions.

https://youtu.be/4ri3wgZhSnE

disregard the sounds... its just me texting.
                            I read this whole thread. I don't see anyone interested in videos or asking for a video.

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
                              I read this whole thread. I don't see anyone interested in videos or asking for a video.
                              I applaud you for your efforts on reading the whole thread and congratulate you for accomplishing it. I appreciate your help thanks!

Comment

hi, I have a LC-60LE640U with 2 short and 5 long blink code

I get no backlight or imagae

I get a good picture on the left side with just left tcon cable connected

No backlight or image when just the right tcon cable connected.

No Visable blown caps, or burn marks on powerboard

6v at all four backlight power wires

Is 6v right??
                                Last edited by realdealthill; 12-14-2016, 01:06 AM.

Comment

This with the right tcon cable disconnected. Same side that is all white
                                  Attached Files

Comment

for the 60" you can do the same as the 70",rip the bad tabs off....
                                    Read up on the 70" model first!!!!!!!!!
                                    Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

Originally posted by realdealthill View Post
                                      This with the right tcon cable disconnected. Same side that is all white
                                      what happens when you do a similar thing for the other side?

oops... didn't read the previous post about this side... sorry. As suggested, look at some of the 70 in posts on dealing with side tabs. The difference in the set is that there are no side boards as the tabs run to a type of flex "board" down to the bottom boards. If you look closely at the bottom corner of each side, you should see where there is a connection to the bottom boards. You can try your "test" again keeping the tcon fully connected, but disconnect at the corner. You should get a "full picture" on your set when you disconnect the right corner.

The reason for doing the test at the corners is to isolate the problem strictly to the side tabs as opposed to a possible problem with the lower / bottom boards as there have been posts of people finding a fixable issue with the bottom boards that given similar problem appearances.
                                      Last edited by budwich; 12-14-2016, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Thanks a bunch guys, I i have read alot on the 70" model. just wasnt sure if it applied to the 60"

No need to yell martino. Gezzzzzz ehhhhh.

Much appreciated Budwich
                                        Last edited by realdealthill; 12-14-2016, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X