Sharp Aquos LC-70LE732U Blinking Pattern 2 -5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp Aquos LC-70LE732U Blinking Pattern 2 -5

This guy seems to have it , looks like it is a KIA78R12API, also KA78R12 (case TO-220F-4L) lift your heat sink and read the number
    http://www.tvtechparts.com/DPS162-KI...rd_p_5140.html
    Last edited by R_J; 08-02-2016, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Hi R_J

Thanks for the reply.

I did lift the heat sink up expecting to find a number but all of the parts are blank. If I knew what type they were I could check to see if there OK. Should I replace all of the drivers/regulators located on the heak sink?

Comment

Hi R_J,

On the TVTech site I noted the part # KIA78R12API is a fix for model numbers LC-60LE640U, LC-60C6400U, LC-60LE650U.

Please confirm this part will work for my TV model number LC-70LE732U.

Your help is greatly appreciate.

RT

Comment

After re-reading the problem. Your problem is that there is no voltage to turn the q7120 on, correct? that would mean the regulator is not necessarily bad. but you are just bypassing it to make the tv work.
          I suspect this ic is installed with the back facing the heatsink and the front (with the number) is facing the board, so you have 13.3 on the Vin and 0 on Vout and pin 4 control only has .13 so the problem is why there is no control voltage to turn on the ic not that the ic is bad
          It looks like you need at least + 2 volts on pin 4 to turn on the ic.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by R_J; 08-03-2016, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Thanks for reviewing the thread. Yes you are correct about low voltage on pin 4. This is why I physically wired a switch between pin 3 and 4 to bypass the low voltage problem. That worked for a while but now it doesn't.

How can I trace back the problem? I don't have a schematic to follow. Will the problem still be on the power board?

Really appreciate your taking time to help.

RT.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
              After re-reading the problem. Your problem is that there is no voltage to turn the q7120 on, correct? that would mean the regulator is not necessarily bad. but you are just bypassing it to make the tv work.
              I suspect this ic is installed with the back facing the heatsink and the front (with the number) is facing the board, so you have 13.3 on the Vin and 0 on Vout and pin 4 control only has .13 so the problem is why there is no control voltage to turn on the ic not that the ic is bad
              It looks like you need at least + 2 volts on pin 4 to turn on the ic.
              Hi R_J, this is rted regarding the link below. Regarding your last message, would really appreciate it if you can help me resolve why there is no control voltage to turn on the IC. I know your time is valuable so maybe I can make it worth your while to help me resolve the problem.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45671

Comment

I have the same error (2 -5) I couldn't start a new thread, but now I can.
                I couldn't delete this post.
                Last edited by speter; 04-09-2018, 10:36 PM. Reason: I couldn't make a new thread.
                Goshen NY, USA

Comment

Last edited by nomoresonys; 04-10-2018, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Hi,

I solved the problem by purchasing a new power board. That's the best long term fix.

Comment

Hi, my first post. Found this thread. I have Sharp 70" TV, model LC-70LE847U. I believe the tcon board is defective based on what I've read here, research, and testing you suggested in this thread. My tcon board is model DUNTKF961FM01, it has 4 ribbons to the panel which I found easy to remove. There is one other cable however, I believe called LVDS, which I can't figure out how to get loose. Attached is a picture. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Before trying to remove the cable, what DC Voltages do you have on that PL connector of the T-CON board?
                        What Voltage testing have you to done so far?
                        BTW, the cause of the problem in this thread is due to the main board not sending the PL_ON signal to turn on the SWITCHED LDO regulator to supply the 12V to the PL connector on the T-CON board to run the T-CON.
                        Last edited by budm; 05-13-2018, 10:18 PM.
                        Never stop learning
                        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by truearrow View Post
                          Hi, my first post. Found this thread. I have Sharp 70" TV, model LC-70LE847U. I believe the tcon board is defective based on what I've read here, research, and testing you suggested in this thread. My tcon board is model DUNTKF961FM01, it has 4 ribbons to the panel which I found easy to remove. There is one other cable however, I believe called LVDS, which I can't figure out how to get loose. Attached is a picture. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
                          In my case I replaced the PD unit to fix the problems.

Comment

Hi guys,

Im new to TV and tech repair but I'm pretty handy, I've been following this thread to try and solve a similar issue with a Sharp LC-70LE650U I found in the trash. It was giving me the 2/5 blinking error code. I followed the steps on the Tech TipsPDF that RJ posted on page 1. I took off both ribbon cables from the TCon got the backlights to light up didn't see any physical damage to the panel. Reattached one ribbon (right side) and got half the screen to turn on, no cracks or damage visible meanwhile the blinking error code is NO longer happening. The tech tip sheet says if no physical damage is visible then there is a legitimate panel failure. I'm not sure what that means but I disconnected the right side and connected the left side and backlights don't come on at all and the blinking error code is back. Checked voltage from PD 1 at the main board to PL on the TCon board while both ribbon were disconnected and I got 12vdc at PL1&2 but 0 at 3&4. Checked voltage while left ribbon was connected (and error code blinking) and got 0vdc on PL3&4 and .03 on 1&2. Voltage check with right ribbon connected and left disconnected (no error code) and got 12vdc at PL1&2 and 0vdc at 3&4. With both disconnected (no error code) I get 12 at 1&2 and 0 at 3&4.

So I guess my question is, is this a TCon issue or a panel issue? Or do I need to check something else.

JW
                            Texas

Comment

Hey all - i have a Sharp lc-70ud27u with the same error code. i bought this off of someone real cheap and they said that the sound continued to work but no picture. The unit when powered on has no backlight at all. when i jump 2 pins on the PD connector (not exactly sure which 2 but they are pin 4&5 on the top side) on the main board side i can force the backlight to come on. at this point i cant tell where the issue is, main board or power board. any help woud be appreciated

Comment

Also - i get 0V on both PD 1 & 2

Comment

Check out this thread: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...=48477&page=13
                                  Post Number 238 and 252 refers to your same model with the same blinker error code. Hope that helps you.

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                                    OK, that is fine.
                                    I look at the service manual which does not have any diagrams, just the block diagrams, the PNL-PWR seems to be generated directly by the processor without any buffer circuit.
                                    So at this point you just have to use it the way it is, the only bad thing is that when TV goes into standby (not powered off by the power switch) when it does not detect video signal, the T-CON will still get 12VDC which is no big deal since the TV signal will always be present any way, otherwise the 12V will be shutoff when TV is turned off.
                                    budm, I was just reading through this post here... do you think its possible this may be the issue with my TV (same exact model) since I have never been able to get backlight OR panel power? I'd appreciate any and all help you could offer

Comment

My Sharp LC-70UD1U Screen is black and flashing, "I attached the video"

Well, I opened the back cover and as you can see in the picture, I detached 2 [L] Ribbon then TV turned ON, but detached side is white and attached side is normal
                                      * When I attached [L] side Is goes to error code 2-5 blinking.
                                      * I attached two [R] ribbon alone, but it goes to error code 2-5 blinking.

Does anyone have any solution?

https://youtu.be/JOXMDMceFhU

https://flic.kr/p/2mXXbTH

https://flic.kr/p/2mXWEQ9

Comment

Try the "tape cutoff" method, can put it in the search box above to find threads.

Comment

Working...
                                        X