Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony KD-55X8505 not able to start

Originally posted by Diah View Post
    you have BL_error on the sockt. if its goes high at boot then you need to be ready for the hard work BL LED
    BL_ERROR show +2.4V at boot. The same with leds disconnected. But shouldn't it blink a led on the front ?

Comment

you need to take look from down side of the boards to see the OUT1+ & OUT2+ are share same source.. OUT1 (1-4)- are separated same to OUT2(1-4)-

and your caputre messurments of V high and low should be as following

each time you messure OUT1+ to OUT1 line 1- then line 2- till 4 same way to OUT2+ with its group
      do in total you have 8 groups you need to messure each at boot to find one are different

so you need 8 time messure at boot

Attached Files
      Last edited by Diah; 06-27-2022, 10:32 AM.

Comment

All 8 measurements gives a value of 1.2-1.5V only. CN6801 voltage is only 63V during boot and will not change. I guess this is too low to overcome all the series leds voltage drop.
        By this I think also the BL diagnostic can't detect failure in BL since MB does not turn on the higher BL voltage...

EDIT: Tested each of the 8 led lines with constant voltage 90V and draw 40mA each so I guess the BL is OK
        Last edited by PowerAmpFreak; 06-28-2022, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Try the recovery mode, If after the recovery mode the device starts up and works properly, immediately make a copy of the EMMC and load it into a new EMMC. If that does not work, the EMMC must be replaced and equipped with properly working software.
          Have had dozens of these models all doing the same thing and all in need of a new EMMC, the part has reached an "END OF LIFE" status and therefore the bootloader can't start.

Comment

Originally posted by William1967 View Post
            Try the recovery mode, If after the recovery mode the device starts up and works properly, immediately make a copy of the EMMC and load it into a new EMMC. If that does not work, the EMMC must be replaced and equipped with properly working software.
            Have had dozens of these models all doing the same thing and all in need of a new EMMC, the part has reached an "END OF LIFE" status and therefore the bootloader can't start.
            Thanks for posting. How do I enter recovery mode?

The set won't even be in a normal standby state, nor reacting on any keys nor remote

Is there perhaps a jumper to short on the MB perhaps ?
            Last edited by PowerAmpFreak; 06-28-2022, 03:48 AM.

Comment

unplug the wifi module socket on the IR reciever boards and trace the 3.3V

you can follow the 3.3V on MB (Page 136 service manual)
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Diah; 06-28-2022, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerAmpFreak View Post
                Thanks for posting. How do I enter recovery mode?

The set won't even be in a normal standby state, nor reacting on any keys nor remote

Is there perhaps a jumper to short on the MB perhaps ?
                Search the internet, there is a lot of info about "Sony tv recovery mode" for example here

Comment

Originally posted by William1967 View Post
                  Search the internet, there is a lot of info about "Sony tv recovery mode" for example here
                  Yes, but the problem in this case is that recovery mode involves a remote sequence and since the set does not even recognize keys nor remote, it will be hard...

Comment

Have you watched any of Nick's TV Repair videos? He has a few on sony.
                    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

I am following the fault trace chart in the Sony service manual and many of the start-up failures does lead to -> Replace IC9017 which happens to be a PIC mcu P/N PIC16F527.
                      Anyone knows if this is programmed with firmware by the main mcu during start-up if the part is changed to a new one?
                      Or do I need to find the correct flash and pre-program the device?
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by PowerAmpFreak; 07-05-2022, 09:30 AM.

Comment

sorry for late late reply as i do lot of these main emmc is at fault replace it should fix it

Comment

@William1967 or MICROTECHSERVICE, do you get voltage on bl-error pin when emmc is the problem and can it come on with the android music but no display or backlights? or does that indicate a different problem?
                          Last edited by nomoresonys; 07-25-2022, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Several problems can occur when the EMMC is faulty, the most common is no function or start up with only the Sony logo.

Comment

ok, thanks.

Comment

I see now, that's one of the most heinous acts of planned obsolescence I have seen, will never buy a new sony.

Comment

my chip has density of 16GB and a storage capacity of 64GB, would it do any good as in last longer if I replaced it with 128 GB or would there be a problem?
                                  Last edited by nomoresonys; 07-25-2022, 06:42 PM.

Comment

In my case, as the OP, the set does not even try to start-up, either BL or any form of sign of life. All the voltages from PSU are OK.
                                    @Microtechservice do you have the details for this set how to replace the EMMC ?

Comment

Does anyone have the service manuel for the KD-55XF8505?
                                      I have the same problem but i couldnt make a new post

Comment

Hi, this is clearly a case of bad main board, my guess, as poweramp says the problem appeear to be obviously the standby software and needs to be reprogrammed the pic microchip with an eprom programmer like TL866II +.. the hardest thing is to recover a copy of the dump.. maybe a fool hacking try could be made, supposing a software update by usb can be made only by inserting usb storage, then one can try to force supply lines from psb (Power amp already has 3v+12v) and force a reset signal on an external supposed reset chip or reset pins by pic chip, short it to gnd for a sec then hope main software starts..

Comment

Working...
                                        X