Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [HOWTO] Fix/Repair "Chassis Intruded Fatal Error System Halted" on Asus P5QL

i have an asus p5kpl-cm with the same problem, i got no problem locating the transistors but it seems did n´t work the same way you described in this post.for example i dont have any voltage measure at the chasis pins, there is three pins , one with 5 v and the others have nothing.maybe is that my board is not like you find the fix.i even try to find a beep of the meter trying all pins with all transistors near winbond chip,and i got no condictivity in any of them i find just a litlle pas of current but with resistance in all transistors , please help if there is a way you can help me i´ll be grateful

Comment

Re: [HOWTO] Fix/Repair "Chassis Intruded Fatal Error System Halted" on Asus P5QL

Will try and find a solution for you in a few days. Until then, please post some pictures of your board.
      Originally posted by PeteS in CA
      Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
      A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Th3_uN1Qu3 Hello, congratulations for howto.
        Even in Italy we need your help. :-)

I enclose a picture of my motherboard.
        Can you tell me what to do to fix "Chassis intruted ...!" ?
        I am deeply grateful to you!
        Thanks a lot!
        Attached Files

Comment

Ok, better reading the instructions I found the transistor to be deleted.
          It is valid as I pictured?
          Now, you could tell me how to complete the task?
          Unfortunately I can not interpret the instructions.

Thanks a lot!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by fullmetaljkt; 06-15-2015, 07:00 AM.

Comment

That is a SOT-23 transistor and it looks like so: http://gtsemic.com/uploadfile/20140807140911319.jpg

You see how it has 3 pins. Two at the bottom and 1 at the top. You need to remove it (use a hot air station, you may damage the board if you try to remove it with the iron) and solder a wire from a 3.3v supply to where the pin at the top went.

Here is how you find a 3.3v supply in that area. With the board connected to a PSU and powered on, take your multimeter and measure on the capacitors around the Winbond chip (small brown things). Black probe of multimeter to ground (computer case or any black wire from connectors of PSU), and touch red probe to each of the small brown capacitors.

You need to find a 3.3 volt reading on your multimeter. When you have found it, power the board off, solder a thin wire from that point and take it to where the top pin of that transistor was. Then clear CMOS again, power the board back on and be happy.
            Last edited by Th3_uN1Qu3; 06-17-2015, 12:47 PM.
            Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.

Comment

ok , I'll try to do it as well as you say .. These components are very small . I have not many possibilities ! I 'll tell you what will happen to the motherboard !

For the current regulation to 3.3v , I can use this :
              " STEP DOWN LM2596S 5V power supply 12V 2A " ?

http://www.ebay.it/itm/Convertitore-...item3ce7305eb1

I wait for your opinion before starting work

Thanks a lot!
              Last edited by fullmetaljkt; 06-19-2015, 10:37 AM.

Comment

You do not need to add an extra power supply, you will find it on the board. Worst case take it from an orange wire of the PSU, although that will be kinda long. But it will work like that too.

Comment

Hello ,
                  forgive me again .
                  I found two transistors on the motherboard .

Which of the two I have to remove ?

Thank you very much for your very important assistance
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by fullmetaljkt; 06-20-2015, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Is this good fix/repair?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2cJbefy1Fc
                    Sorry for my bad english.

Comment

Originally posted by drag View Post
                      I think it is somewhat similar to Th3_uN1Qu3's fix, so probably yes. Unfortunately, I don't speak Spanish very well (actually very little, though I was able to understand some parts of the video), so I can't tell you with 100% confidence that this video shows a good repair or not. But I am guessing it probably does. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
                        I think it is somewhat similar to Th3_uN1Qu3's fix, so probably yes. Unfortunately, I don't speak Spanish very well (actually very little, though I was able to understand some parts of the video), so I can't tell you with 100% confidence that this video shows a good repair or not. But I am guessing it probably does. Hope this helps.
                        I have Asus P6T SE. Do you know how to do this repair for Asus P6T SE?

Comment

I have Asus P6T SE. Do you know how to do this repair for Asus P6T SE?
                          Not specifically, since I don't have this motherboard.
                          According to one comment in the above video, the fix worked for a P6T, so my guess is this should be similar for the P6T SE as well. Thus just do what the guy in the video did - find the Chassis Intrusion jumper and see which transistor on the board it connects to. From there you can either follow the video or Th3_uN1Qu3's advice.

If that doesn't help, you can always post pictures of your board here and we can try to troubleshoot that with you .

Comment

Chassis intrusion jumper has (propably all motherboards) +5vsb first, then empty, then chassis signal and then ground.

Th3_uN1Qu3 instructions say that "With the board powered ON, measure with your voltmeter and find the pin of the chassis intrusion switch connector that has somewhere between 1.7v and 3.3v on it.
                            Power the board back ON and find a 3.3v supply nearby"

I wonder that video shows +5vsb to supply?

Comment

Chassis intrusion jumper has (propably all motherboards) +5vsb first, then empty, then chassis signal and then ground.
                              The chassis signal should be tied directly to the gate on a small SOT-23 transistor somewhere on the board either near the Super IO chip or near the chassis intrusion connector itself. Find that transistor, remove it, and tie the Drain pad to 3.3V rail. The video shows to do that without removing the transistor and typing the Drain to 5VSB. But ultimately, you get the same results. The only problem with the video is if that transistor somehow got turned ON while you have the Drain pin tied to 3.3/5V - then that would cause the transistor to smoke.

Comment

Finally after 2 hours intensive searching I find the beeping transistor on Asus P6T SE near the BIOS chip!!!!

Comment

Finally after 2 hours intensive searching I find the beeping transistor on Asus P6T SE near the BIOS chip!!!!
                                  And? Did you get the fix to work?

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
                                    And? Did you get the fix to work?
                                    No, I search 3.3v supply but not find it and then accidentally touch something
                                    and there was short and motherboard are broken...
                                    Maybe someone know how to repair it.
                                    Last edited by drag; 05-29-2016, 02:10 PM.

Comment

No, I search 3.3v supply but not find it and then accidentally touch something
                                      and there was short and motherboard are broken...
                                      Maybe someone know how to repair it.
                                      Hard to give you more advice how to repair it without pictures and more info. Need to know what you shorted, what the motherboard does now, etc.

Worst case, put it on eBay for sale as "parts or not working" and mention the problem.

Comment

Does anyone know how to fix "New CPU is inserted in your system !"?

This is on an Asus M4A78LT-M-LE

This happens after a hard power off with the PSU switched off and a power loss to the motherboard. The CMOS battery has been replaced with a fresh Duracell to no avail.

Thanks
                                        Attached Files
                                        "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

This guy claims it's caused by a substandard Asus socket:

Might just try tightening the retention bracket... If not, I should have some motherboards around here with some spare sockets...
                                          Attached Files
                                          "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Working...
                                          X