Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [HOWTO] Fix/Repair "Chassis Intruded Fatal Error System Halted" on Asus P5QL

What is odd, when I plug and power my mobo, it first flashes with red diode(like it would work) but then powers down(blue) and starts again into chasiss error(red). Moreover after unplugging it and leaving off for longer periods of time then connecting(blue), it doesn't start after pressing power. But if I leave it like that it will start(red) into error after 2-3 minutes, like it would be somehow delayed.

Comment

Re: [HOWTO] Fix/Repair "Chassis Intruded Fatal Error System Halted" on Asus P5QL

Originally posted by Galvatron View Post
      Is there any way of fixing it without removing transistor and soldering wire? I had this problem before and somehow things started to work fine after some time, all by themselves. But the problem is back again, and I have no idea what to do.
      It's a hardware issue so you need a hardware fix.

Also, issues that "fix" themselves also tend to come back by themselves. So once something is not working right, don't ignore it.

Also, does anybody have transistor/3.3v locations for P5B-Deluxe? It was one of most sold P5 boards out there. Pics are easily available on google images.
      For 3.3V locations, just grab it directly from a 3.3V pin on the ATX connector or nearby MOSFET and run it through a 1 KOhm resistor or so (to prevent smoke/melting wires/burned components if something short-circuits.)

As for the transistor... use a multimeter to find which one it is. Should be somewhere near the chassis intrusion jumper. Probably SOT-23 package.

I'll try to have a look at the board later tonight and see if I can locate it for you (I'm on a very old and slow laptop right now, so browsing through images online is not very easy).

Comment

Hey there, thanks for answer. Sadly it seems that "chassis intrusion" wasn't the only problem my board had and it's bricked now. But to add bit to discussion, I have reminded myself that when my board stopped to work with "chassis intrusion" for the first time, it took me nearly 12 hours of keeping it powered down and unplugged. Then I have connected everything like it was before problem happened(battery/bios was zeroed) and it somehow launched normally. Board kept working fine for next few months, just until now.

Comment

And one more thing, I do believe that I've tried swapping PSU's and it could have some effect too.

Comment

What is odd, when I plug and power my mobo, it first flashes with red diode(like it would work) but then powers down(blue) and starts again into chasiss error(red). Moreover after unplugging it and leaving off for longer periods of time then connecting(blue), it doesn't start after pressing power. But if I leave it like that it will start(red) into error after 2-3 minutes, like it would be somehow delayed.
            Do P5QLs even have a red LED to indicate a CPU init failure or a bad socket pin?
            I know the ROG versions do and the red LED of doom is likely a bad socket pin!

The only one I saw was an older-style round green one on the bottom for stand-by power...
            Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 07-01-2017, 10:12 AM.
            ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

I have P5B Deluxe and there is no LED there. MOBO acts now like it would be bricked, I have two exactly same PSU's, when I connect one nothing happens and when I connect another, blue light comes up(means powered but not running). I can't even get to "chassis intrusion" error anymore, and that's not solved yet. Both PSU's work fine with other motherboards, don't know how it's possible that one doesn't even turn mobos blue light on.

I had E8400@4GHz that worked just fine, no problems with Windows 10 and internet browser or videos, but those times are gone. I will be probably getting some other parts, and I gave up with ASUS motherboards.

Thanks for attempts, cheers.
              Last edited by Galvatron; 07-01-2017, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Hi dudes !
                I've only removed the transistor and the motherboard is working perfectly !
                I'm happy because i haved scratched the gate pad when desoldering.......

Thank's all ;->

Comment

Originally posted by theoxyd View Post
                  Hi dudes !
                  I've only removed the transistor and the motherboard is working perfectly !
                  I'm happy because i haved scratched the gate pad when desoldering.......

Thank's all ;->
                  Edit it is on p5kpl-am motherboard

Comment

Hello
                    I have an asus p5kpl/1600 motherboard that show same prompt "Chassis Intruded " and i follow your instruction but problem didn't fixed please help me.
                    Thanks.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I have a P5K-E that basically ignores the CMOS battery... If power is disconnected from the system completely, it loses all the BIOS settings. Is this also because of a weak transistor?

Thanks
                      "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

There is a dual diode which feeds power to CMOS memory from two places: 5VSB rail of PSU via 3.3V regulator, and the coin cell. You should trace the circuit going from the coin cell holder until you get to that diode. Either the diode is bad or a leaking battery corroded the trace so the battery simply does not get connected to the circuit.
                        Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                        Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                        A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Originally posted by drhabib View Post
                          Hello
                          I have an asus p5kpl/1600 motherboard that show same prompt "Chassis Intruded " and i follow your instruction but problem didn't fixed please help me.
                          Thanks.
                          Double-check your 3.3V source and make sure it actually has enough current to drive the LPC/SIO chip. I would run a wire from the 3.3V rail directly and hook it up with a 1K-4.7K resistor instead.

Comment

great info, thanks for keeping this alive.

i have an odd one here;

p5q

5v showing on the pin4 (ground)

So i read another tutorial saying if you have voltage on the ground pin, the pins wont jump and put intrusion detection at its normal state. (jumped signal and ground)

I have 5v on the ground pin...so i tried grounding the signal and ground pin on that header to a psu ground.
                            This did not work unfortunately.

my workaround so far has been no cmos battery, AMIBCP to modify the bios to my liking and just let it restore defaults every boot.
                            problem with this, is i can not overclock or tune the bios much.

any thoughts on the matter?

Comment

*cant edit my message

but i also have continuity to more than one transistor, so i decided not to go ahead with the mod. pin 3 (intrusion signal) has continuity to multiple spots on the motherboard.

a head scratcher for sure

Comment

I have P5B Deluxe and there is no LED there. MOBO acts now like it would be bricked, I have two exactly same PSU's, when I connect one nothing happens and when I connect another, blue light comes up(means powered but not running). I can't even get to "chassis intrusion" error anymore, and that's not solved yet.
                                Be careful, the P5Bs possibly have bad caps! Likely before Asus regularly used Fujitsu/FP cap caps! Being a P5B, it possibly has bad wet electrolytic caps!

If wet electrolytic caps, probably Ost. Ost caps are known to sometimes, if not randomly fail.
                                Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 12-22-2018, 07:24 PM.
                                ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by djbordie View Post
                                  problem with this, is i can not overclock or tune the bios much.

any thoughts on the matter?
                                  my asus maximus 2 formula has an option to save the cmos settings to the hard drive. not sure if the asus p5q has that function as well...

anyway, i heard there are programs that boot to a dos prompt and let u save the cmos settings to a floppy or to the hard drive. everytime u power on the system, boot the cmos program and load the cmos settings saved previously and apply it to the cmos then reboot. saves the trouble of having to constantly change the cmos settings back to what u want them.

another way is to mod the bios to change the cmos settings defaults but bios modding is a highly advanced skillset and u risk bricking the board if u mod the bios incorrectly.

however, none of the above options still exempt u from having to set the system clock to the correct time each time u power on. however, there is now internet time server synchronisation so that is not really a big issue.

Comment

yea that works sort of,

i modded my bios to a somewhat decent set of defaults.

the issue is that if i constantly test/reset/test it eventually says chassis intruded.

however given my situation is a bit different (ground has 5v.) and i could not fix it yet, i am stuck with bios modding.

nearly impossible to overclock and save the settings, but im getting by..

Comment

Might help to make your own thread with pictures so we can help you more specifically. If you have a multimeter and know how to use it, finding a way to actually fix the Chassis Intruded issue may actually be easier than messing with BIOS modding.

Comment

I thank the gods for your fix OP

Found myself a now fixed asus p6t se
                                        From being a pain in my ass as going for space i got this coolermaster cosmos s fully up and running again.

Found the mosfet not where i suspected
                                        Keep em running

Asus P6T SE fix in pics
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by fu-raz View Post
                                          So, there we go... Thanks for the help Th3_uN1Qu3! Found a new 3.3v point, cleaned the board and reset the CMOS. Everything is working now.

In the attachment is my final solution for the Asus P5E Deluxe
                                          Thanks so much. I did the exact same thing on my Asus P5E and it is working perfectly. I used a soldering iron cranked on 420c together with a pre-tinned wire, plus flux on the tinned wire and the surface mount components. I also used electrical tape on neighboring components in order to shield them from heat.

Comment

Working...
                                          X