Sony CECH-ZED1U Playstation 3D LED TV - Two Red Flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony CECH-ZED1U Playstation 3D LED TV - Two Red Flash

I don't know who this would help but here goes. I have two of these displays. One failed about 6 months ago. It would power on (blue light), wait for an input for 5 secs (green light) then shut down (two flashes of red light.)

I unplugged it and replaced it with another unit. I left it sit on the floor next to the desk, unplugged for about 6 months. Today I plugged it in and it worked. Perfect I thought, I let it run for 30 mins and all is well. Until I powered it down and unplugged it to move it to another computer. Well, that did it. Same problem all over again.

I know nothing about electronics, but it is almost like something gets powered and doesn't reset when unpowered. If I leave it sit for 6 months enough power drains that it resets and works again.

I will likely toss it in the trash unless there is some cheap and easy fix. These were cheap pickups at boxing day a few years back.

regards,

John

Comment

If you've read any of this thread you'll see that getting the eeprom replaced will more than likely fix it.

Comment

I read the entire thread. Even the digression which was way over my head. I ordered kit with the eprom and some other bits from EBay. Even bought the local expert repair tech a beer in advance for some soldering services. All in I should be about 30 bucks if it works.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Comment

Besides eBay anyone know if there is any local electronic hobbie stores that would carry this eeprom in Ontario.
          I've gone as far as to rip the video board out to search for bad welds but found none then came across this message board the other day.

Comment

Reprogram the one you have if you haven't tried already.

Comment

Have to find a reprogrammer yet, unless I can build one lol

Comment

Failed again after MAYBE thirty power cycles. Will order a new ic and try again.

Comment

Reprogrammed another MX25L6406E from Digikey and set is again working.

Would not auto-detect the correct ic had to choose it manually. Then when I opened the .bin I had an error about it being too long and the rest would be ignored blah blah. Don't recall that error the first time ? However when it is read the saved file matches the .bin. Go figure.

Comment

I had two red flash of death also. I lifted pin 3 as shown in photos and TV has been working since.

I get a blank screen for 1 second every once in a while.

I get RFOD sometime powering on, but disconnecting AC for a minute and it starts up again.

I've ordered a new chip, since I know this fix can't possibly be permanent, but I'm happy I can use my TV until it arrives.

cheers
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Sorry for necroing. As some others in this thread, this is my first attempt at electronics. I know enough to go by, but not enough to answer my own question.

I already figured out how to program the eeprom, and got rid of the old one. I am ready to put the new flashed eeprom on the pcb. However, I am wondering about what I have read of the Write Protection (Pin 3).

Is it safe to lift that pin to avoid having the eeprom getting corrupted? Do I need to turn on the TV once, set it up with my settings, then turn off and lift pin 3?

Or should I just let it be until it fails again?

Thanks

Comment

Your procedure sounds good however of those who have replaced the eeprom (including myself) instead of just reprogramming the old one I'm unaware of any that have failed again. So I would just reinstall it and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by mmartell View Post
                          Your procedure sounds good however of those who have replaced the eeprom (including myself) instead of just reprogramming the old one I'm unaware of any that have failed again. So I would just reinstall it and move on.
                          Good, thanks!

Yes, I have it set up and running. The last time I used this monitor was ~4 years ago, March 2012. I am finally able to use it again.

I bought a new eeprom and replaced it. I also bought a cheap laptop cooling pad, removed the fans and set them up on the back right on top of the circuit board.

So if no one else who has done this has complained about the eeprom failing again, I am extremely happy. I still have 4 more eeproms in case I even need to replace this one.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by rostomchik View Post
                            Yes i did it!!! i have repeared my playstation 3d display!
                            so you need :
                            1.new chip MX25L6408E
                            2.programmer:EN25T80
                            3.SOP8 to DIP8 Adapter addapter
                            4.software ch341a
                            5.bin file:U4 25L6406E.bin
                            i flashed the new chip, then placed it om main board, insted of the old chip.
                            then powered on and it run my 3d display!!!! it works!!yes!! good work...
                            thanks to the BIN file supplier zhaojun297
                            so good luck!!
                            I have the same issue at this very moment, but as a hardware i achieved the CH341a to program the MX25L6406E. can i have possitive results with this or i need only the EN25T80 to make it work good?

Comment

Situation: I completely lifted/torn a pad and it's trace for resistor R21, which leads to pin 7 (HOLD#)

Since then attempts have failed to yield decent results, first time I ran a trace using copper wire to that resistor it would boot fine and run for a solid ~45mins then power down with the standard red flashing, now -- in my attempt to rectify the situation by adding more strands of wire/etc the resistor came right off and is now completely lost, would anyone be able to tell me precisely what the resistors value is so I may order another one? At present the system will not boot at all, black screen (no LED backlight or anything) and the usual red blink of death, I have attempted several different resistors with obviously no success.

Comment

Hello everyone I hope you still have an answer in the forum

I have changed epprom and regulators everything well
                                TV turns on but lasts 1 hour or 10 minutes
                                I have seen that if I put heat gun components

These 2 components are causing it to turn off at the min

Serie original mp3399ef
                                Serie en internet mp3399ef-lf

https://ibb.co/gyqmQBn

Comment

Originally posted by angelstak View Post
                                  Hello everyone I hope you still have an answer in the forum

I have changed epprom and regulators everything well
                                  TV turns on but lasts 1 hour or 10 minutes
                                  I have seen that if I put heat gun components

These 2 components are causing it to turn off at the min

Serie original mp3399ef
                                  Serie en internet mp3399ef-lf

https://ibb.co/gyqmQBn
                                  which voltage regulator did you use: 1117 - 3.3v, or 1117 - 5v?: eek:

Comment

thanks to the BIN file supplier zhaojun297
                                    so good luck!!

Comment

Sorry for digging up. I have a ch341A pro programmer and a MX25L6406E chip. The problem is that the program says that the bios file is too large. Any of you have had this problem?

Comment

I did.

Originally posted by mmartell View Post
                                        Reprogrammed another MX25L6406E from Digikey and set is again working.

Would not auto-detect the correct ic had to choose it manually. Then when I opened the .bin I had an error about it being too long and the rest would be ignored blah blah. Don't recall that error the first time ? However when it is read the saved file matches the .bin. Go figure.

Comment

In my case, a message appears that they are not matched. What to do? Could it be the fault of the chip. Is it the fault of bad software? I was using version 1.17.

Comment

Working...
                                          X