HP Elitebook 840 G2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP Elitebook 840 G2

please i need to remove bios password for elitebook 840 g2, this is my bios backup. thanks in advance
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by imranromi View Post
      If above not works try this.
      hi sir how I can use this file to reset password
      thanks a lot.

Comment

Re: HP Elitebook 840 G2: Flash BIOS to clean password

hello, i have an hp elitebook 840 g2 bios password protected here is my file , i wrote a file downloaded from net but bios remained locked help please
        Attached Files

Comment

try...
          Attached Files
          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
            try...
            hi thank you for the file i want just to ask if the bios is just in one chip or two ? because there is another chip with cFeon QH16-104HIP

Comment

password is stored in main bios chip. Only need to program one.

Comment

dont change ec bin other a lot of trouble, the bins must be 16mb (send me bin and i unlock for you free)

Comment

Originally posted by f164 View Post
                  hi thank you for the file i want just to ask if the bios is just in one chip or two ? because there is another chip with cFeon QH16-104HIP
                  Password is in the main bios. Post your bios backup here .
                  All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

now guys i have a problem after writing the file uploaded by our friend peste , a black screen even after i wrote my backup file always the same problem, i noticed a strange problem in ch341a programmer when i make verify after writing the file i have an error message: chip memory with the contents are in disagreement , erase and blank check pass without problem, writing also except the verify operation, should i order a new chip or what to do help please?

my chip is W25Q128FV
                    SOFT VERSION 1.29
                    Last edited by f164; 09-15-2019, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by smdflea View Post
                      password is in the main bios. Post your bios backup here .
                      i already post it

Comment

Originally posted by Nico Latour View Post
                        dont change ec bin other a lot of trouble, the bins must be 16mb (send me bin and i unlock for you free)
                        i already post it

Comment

Originally posted by f164 View Post
                          now guys i have a problem after writing the file uploaded by our friend peste , a black screen even after i wrote my backup file always the same problem, i noticed a strange problem in ch341a programmer when i make verify after writing the file i have an error message: chip memory with the contents are in disagreement , erase and blank check pass without problem, writing also except the verify operation, should i order a new chip or what to do help please?

my chip is W25Q128FV
                          SOFT VERSION 1.29
                          the problem solved i mean the verify one but always black screen on laptop

Comment

Good morning, everyone. Thank you for accepting me into your forum. I too have a password to access the bios of my elitebook 840 with a 5th generation cpu i5. I called HP and they don't want to provide me with the SMC.bin file. As I can see in the message above, there seems to be a solution with the file "hp 840 g2 backup bios CLEAR PASSWORD.zip" but I don't know how to use it. I would like someone to explain to me how to do it, if possible. Thank you very much in advance.
                            Last edited by piernov; 11-23-2019, 05:49 AM.

Comment

I forgot to say it's an elitebook 840 G2.

Comment

Originally posted by sifu26 View Post
                                I forgot to say it's an elitebook 840 G2.
                                Post your bios backup .
                                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

I currently have version 1.05 of the bios but it makes the backup with the utility of version 1.30 (the latest version). I'll post the bios 1.30 backup if that helps. Thank you.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

I currently have version 1.05 of the bios but it makes the backup with the utility of version 1.30 (the latest version). I'll post the bios 1.30 backup if that helps. Thank you.
                                    the one with the password .. it's not good

Comment

try this..
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much. But can you explain to me or give me an internet link to know how to install the.bin, or it's like if I would install the SMC.bin, I do the same thing with this.bin? Thank you.

Comment

Thank you very much. But can you explain to me or give me an internet link to know how to install the.bin, or it's like if I would install the SMC.bin, I do the same thing with this.bin? Thank you.
                                          desoldering the bios chip, put it in the programmer and rewrite it with what you need, it is important to make a copy of the original bios, but I think you did not already, find more information on the net.

Comment

Working...
                                          X