Lenovo ThinkPad 13 gen 2 - BIOS Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo ThinkPad 13 gen 2 - BIOS Request

Please if someone can help me with a working BIOS dump for Lenovo ThinkPad 13 Type 20J1 Gen 2 as I search every where online and cannot find it.
    Many Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by raileanu; 12-14-2018, 03:53 AM.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad 13 gen 2 - BIOS Request

Whats the model number, is it a Type 20GJ, 20GK
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Type 20J1. I believe the bios for Thinkpad S2 will also work as it has the same motherboard. But cannot find that either.
      Last edited by raileanu; 12-14-2018, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Can you post your bios backup.The bios from lenovo is only a bios update,i can merge it with your bios.
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thanks but I try this already and it doesn't work. My bios is completely corrupt from the beginning due to a loose contact on the programmer while I was reading it, then I write another wrong one and is all gone now.

Comment

Try this bios,i merged 2 different bios together,i don`t think it will work but try it anyway. This bios is 16MB .
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks it works. But is asking for a password when I try to go to settings after the message that rtc time needs to be set and to press F1. It doesn't give no other boot options. Is that kind of password with a human head, I think is a supervisor password. Can this be removed from the bios or is embedded on the security chip?
              Last edited by raileanu; 12-14-2018, 04:01 PM.

Comment

I also get the message
                0183: Bad CRC of Security Settings in EFI Variable
                Any way I can bypass this on Hex Editor so the computer can boot?
                I cannot go to F1 Settings because is asking for Supervisor password.
                I believe these error messages are because the computer detects that is another bios installed.

Comment

I manage to get rid of there error messages by restarting many times the computer with RTC battery plugged and its main battery. It boots normal now but still have that password on bios settings. If I just press ENTER it goes to bios screen but won't allow me to do any changes. I think I need a mini UEFI bios boot tool to flash on the EEPROM chip to reset these settings. Do you have any of these mini bioses please? It will be a great help. And Thank You once again for providing the working main bios.
                  Last edited by raileanu; 12-14-2018, 07:33 PM.

Comment

There must have been a password on the original bios,and i think it does indeed have a MEC1633L or similar chip,so flashing the bios and EC wouldn`t remove the password,if you had those dumps.

Comment

Does anyone yet play with the DXE Driver from allservice or anyone have this files please.

Comment

I hope someone will finally upload a DXE Driver so we can modify it to sort out these IBM's Passwords problem once for all.
                        Many Thanks in advance.

Comment

Please desble computrace
                          Attached Files

Comment

please fast

Comment

Hello, Can anyone tell me if Lenovo Autopatcher v0.2 works
                              for this model ? I have done a few readings with two different programmers
                              the files are identical, Lenovo Autopatcher is telling the file is corrupted.

And is the password on the main bios or EC.

Lenovo ThinkPad 13 Gen 2, Type 20J1, 20J2. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan20701 View Post
                                Hello, Can anyone tell me if Lenovo Autopatcher v0.2 works
                                for this model ? I have done a few readings with two different programmers
                                the files are identical, Lenovo Autopatcher is telling the file is corrupted.

And is the password on the main bios or EC.

Lenovo ThinkPad 13 Gen 2, Type 20J1, 20J2. Thanks.
                                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...702#post983702
                                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...25#post1110325
                                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88004

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                Become a Badcaps supporter
                                >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                Thanks to all supporters.​
                                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Thanks Vesko356, Could someone please have a look in to
                                  my this bios to see if it can be fixed.

Sure its a corrupted bios, Thanks so much.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello again, Related to my last post, Is there nothing that can be done?.
                                    I have tried to reload the ME using fit.exe its not loading the bin file, there
                                    is nothing more that I know I can do. Some help with this would be nice.

Thanks.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                    X