Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX REV.2 bios chip problems, probably socket shorted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX REV.2 bios chip problems, probably socket shorted?

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
    In that case, then you need CSM, which is enabled by default, IIRC.

Because there's no way a video card that old, has GOP. (graphics output protocol, a standard for UEFI)
    Sorry, can you explain me better?

I just installed a gtx970and the problem is still there.

Comment

Originally posted by Biessea View Post
      Sorry, can you explain me better?

I just installed a gtx970and the problem is still there.
      Don't know, sorry. Especially that you installed a GTX 970, a much more sane card.
      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Nothing works.

I changed the bios chip, the Winbond one, and nothing changed.

When I plug off the power cord, and after a while I power on, Bios need to be recovered pressing F1.

Then every time I have to load the OC profile and it works.

Annoying.

But I don't have other idea.

Cmon battery is ok, must be a motherboard problem then, I don't really know what to do.

Comment

Hi there,

I have news.

So the new Winbond Chip is arrived, I changed it and nothing changed. Like always, when I unplug the power cord and reattach it, my BIOS ask me to be recovered with F1 button.

But there is a new. I wondered a thing.

Yesterday, after about a week that the PC was took away, the FIRST power ON goes successfully. No ask to recover bios. And the bios setting was perfectly there, all setting correctly loaded. So I decided to make another try. Before going to sleep I unplug the power cord and today, after about 10 hourse of motherboard without power supply, I tried to power on the PC. And here we go, another flawless start. No ask to recover bios, bios loading and overlclock perfect.

So, what can we say here?

For me, bios can work OK, the original chip and the new one, can store informations for days, thanks to the correct function of the battery.
          If i unplug for a long time the PC, the bios can load correctly.
          But If I unplug the power cord only for some minutes (ore maybe hours) motherboard ask me to "recover bios pressing F1".

So I pass the ball to you, any ideas???

Comment

Load the default BIOS settings and do not change/overclock anything except the time & date.
            Did you try? Same result?

Comment

Working...
            X