Samsung UE46EH5000 - Flashing red light but not turning on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UE46EH5000 - Flashing red light but not turning on

so what did the diodes read out of circuit?

Comment

did you get an esr reading on those caps, if it's gone too high they won't work right.

Comment

I would check CM813
        I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

from the bottom of board trace that diode to the next component check that and continue, kind of hard to tell from here without good clear focused pictures of bottom of board.

Comment

ok I'm not exactly sure because of bad memory, but I think I saw somewhere that if you have the boosted voltage of around 400 on the big cap/s, that everything up to that point is ok, if that's true then it would have to be after the big cap where the problem is.

Comment

Have checked the hole that the diode fixes to and it runs up to what looks like a transformer which goes from the hot side to the cold side but more worrying is that it seems to be shorted to the chassis (ie if i use my ohms meter or continuity setting it bleeps or gives a dead short)
              I have attached 2 pictures of the bottom of the board to clarify.The hole in the center of the rear of the board is the ‘shorted' hole.

Esr readings for the caps were
              25v 470uf = 0.06
              10v 1200uf = 0.03
              25v 470uf = 0.04
              200v 47uf = 0.24
              350v 22uf = 1.7

The 3 diodes are SR510 OC02
              I'm not really sure how to measure them but on my diode tester they read 283 and on a 20k ohms scale they read 1.64 - how should i measure them?

Do you think the transformer could have blown?

Thanks for helping I probably would have given up ages ago without the guidance here but it also a good learning curve 🙂
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
                I would check CM813
                Should i remove it and test it ?
                It looks like a different type of cap

Thanks for your input 🙂

Comment

probably schottky diode, so 283 in one direction and l in other direction out of circuit is probably ok.

Comment

DM856 looks like it needs a solder touch up or is it one you took out and put back?

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                      DM856 looks like it needs a solder touch up or is it one you took out and put back?
                      Yes its just one i removed and then refitted quickly just so I could see if the diode returned to being in a faulty state again - i had intended to replace all 3 with new ones but i think there's something else faulty and its not the diodes at all.
                      It maybe a case of waiting until i can find a replacement board on ebay as I'm convinced its the power board that's causing the problems but is becoming quite difficult to pinpoint what part or parts have become faulty.
                      Best price i can see at the moment is £45 but that's quite alot to spend on a 10 year old tv.
                      My board is a rev1.2 and its a shame because they have a rev1.3 for £20 and it looks like it has all the right connections but I'm not sure if it would work even though its listed for the same model number.

Comment

So just a question in theory
                        If a power board is listed to fit a certain make/model tv and is just a newer revision would it be compatible to replace an older revision/version?
                        I can see my rev 2 is 2010 and the rev 3 is 2012 but everything thing else looks the same.
                        Would it just supersede the old one?
                        Any idea?
                        Thanks

Comment

it should work if the connectors are the same and it's for the same model and size tv, like you have a 46 inch so if its 46 and matches the other, it should work, powerboards are not as specific as mainboards.

Comment

Got one ordered so we will see what happens when it arrives 🙂

Comment

A quick update

Replacement Rev1.3 board arrived and tv back working fine.
                              Would have been nice to have pinpointed what was exactly wrong with the old one but it was starting to be out of my abilities but i'm really pleased it didn't end up in the bin 😀
                              A big thank you to nomoresonys and dskall for all your suggestions & guidance - i have learned alot from this and will put it to good use when the next one comes along 🙂

Just need to find out why the remote is not working and screw the back on- then on to the next !

Thanks very much 👍
                              Attached Files

Comment

Glad to hear it, thanks for the followup,

Comment

wonder if it needs pairing: https://www.samsung.com/my/support/t...s-not-working/

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                                    I'm not sure it's even the right remote for the tv - its a Rc1900/30063114 universal that came with it but according to google they are for vestel sets.
                                    Have contacted the lady i got it from to see if she gave me the right one but I don't think she did. 🙂

Comment

I don't think its compatible, do you have another universal remote you can try? :https://all-remotes.online/en/18409-...e-control.html

Comment

Spoke to her and she gave me the wrong one - so am collecting the right one on thursday - Happy days

Comment

Working...
                                        X