Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alienware aw2721d - Screen flickering

Hello,

I got the issue with an Alienware aw2721d, every 2-3 sec the screen is flickering/going black. I have tried to change the resolution and refresh rate, didnt help. Also unplugged the HDMI and the screen was still flickering. So I hope it's just a power supply issue.

I have removed the boards to check for bad caps and something maybe unusual.

I have checked the big cap - Lelon 450v 100uF and when I checked it, it shows 91uF. Is that in range ? When power supply connected, the cap goes to max 370 and discharges very quickly, is that good ?

I have attached the image of the power supply.

Looking at the Dell website, I have found a user manual, and it shows how to remove the cap from the board.

Will do some more tests and will try to find something.

Also, if I would replace that big cap, does it just have to be 450V and 100uF ? As I can't find the same one from Lelon.

The cap 3 letters are RPL, but I can't see the tolerance for it.
    Last edited by siedlik; 08-10-2022, 03:09 PM.

Re: Alienware aw2721d - Screen flickering

man that monitor is fairly new and it should be still under warranty which could be sent back to dell you can check if it is still under it on dell's website using its service tag or serial number, i suggest cleaning all traces /residue of you opening it up and send it to dell

Comment

Re: Alienware aw2721d - Screen flickering - Fixed

I bought it from eBay, so don't know what they did.

But after spending a few hours, reconnecting everything and a bit of cleaning, the monitor works now.

1440p, 120fps and G Sync looks amazing. Waiting for display port cable to test 240hz.

I was ready to replace caps and fuses

Comment

Working...
      X