toshiba 50L4333D TV with a LG 32L4300 board low brightness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

toshiba 50L4333D TV with a LG 32L4300 board low brightness

Hi all. I need help on a toshiba 50" 50L4333D TV with a LG 32L4300 board as in the photo. I measured the supply voltages and found them all normal. The problem is that the brightness is relatively low. The voltage for the leds was measured at about 75V. I also noticed that no I can control with commands from the remote neither brightness nor contrast nor colors.Only the menu, volume and channel change work.
    Since I don't know much about led displays and before I order new leds, is there anything I can do?
    Is there any new firmware for Europe available? Thanks for any help.

Re: toshiba 50L4333D TV with a LG 32L4300 board low brightness

it may be in hotel mode .

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
      it may be in hotel mode .
      In this mode, the menu option would be available? Do i need to go into service mode to change that hotel mode or from menu as well?

Comment

i don't know .. maybe find the manual and read it

Comment

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/12...page=14#manual
          I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Try MENU 9301.

Comment

can you confirm you have a toshiba 50" 50L4333D TV and using it with a LG 32L4300 mainboard? im suprised that combination works at all

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                can you confirm you have a toshiba 50" 50L4333D TV and using it with a LG 32L4300 mainboard? im suprised that combination works at all
                Yes i can because i have a photo of the main board which said:
                32L4300 Rev 1.02A

Comment

"lg"?

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                    "lg"?

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                      "lg"?
                      maybe this board he has
                      https://www.tvparts.co.uk/lcd-tv-spa...53D-MAIN-BOARD
                      when he said lg i thought would that even work.

Comment

Unfortunately, after a firmware update, the main board is not working properly.
                        Does anyone has the correct Europe firmware for this model?

Comment

Do you have a flash memory programmer?

Comment

Yes i have TL866A programer.

Comment

Bin 25Q16:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by yokoono View Post
                                Bin 25Q16:
                                I will try that and i will post again. Thank you.

Comment

Dear @yokoono

I did try to flash successfuly the 25Q16 8 pin chip but unfortunately didn't work at all.
                                  When i was trying to plug the tv into power, the green light goes on brightly and then stays on with little bright. The tv never comes to life even if press the power button and from remote too. Only black screen with no light at all.
                                  I was wondering if i did something wrong with programming proccess.
                                  I just open the binary file you send and do programming with succesfull message in the end. Any suggestions?

Comment

Does anyone has any suggestion to do before throw the tv to garbage?

Comment

1. Unsolder the memory and rewrite. Do not rewrite in the circuit
                                      2. Rewrite on a new memory.

Comment

Originally posted by yokoono View Post
                                        1. Unsolder the memory and rewrite. Do not rewrite in the circuit
                                        2. Rewrite on a new memory.
                                        1) I did that and put the old memory into appropriate case, i check the pins and after programming i get "succesful" message from programer. Also i did a hex editor check and i see that the data has differences with original data.

2) You mean to get a new chip and reprogram it?

This tv is for european countries. Is you bin file valid for them?
                                        Sorry for my many questions.

Comment

Working...
                                        X