X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 55UK6950PLB backlight but no picture

Originally posted by viewerau View Post
    Hi lotas.

I am sorry, I do not understand your reply...my apology.
    These signals go to these contacts (on the left and right strips of the panel), if you know on which side the CLK signals are defective, then isolate that side with tape.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much lotas.
      Signature:Seemingly hopeless tv fixer

Comment

Originally posted by William1967 View Post
        The panel has a problem, it's a common fault with these models and several other models from LG. The AVDD must be around 17v and is only present on one side when you disconnect one of the LVDS cables.

Hi , Sorry for just jumping into this thread, but I have exactly the same problem, I'm going to post my own thread, but I am curious, did you mean that the panel is cattled if the AVDD is 17v on one side only ?

When I have the left side LVDS connected I have 17v on the left side and 3.9v on the right side but I get 0v on both sides when both LVDS connected or just the right side LVDS.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty74 View Post
          Hi notallbad, did you have to trash the screen to get to the burnt out tab bond? I have one of these screens and wanted to attempt a repair as I too have backlight but no picture. Is this a ribbon cable of some kind that has burnt out? I cant really see as the picture is not so clear as mentioned. I just want to know if its repairable on a micro soldering scale? Regards Craig
          No, was able to get to the panel tab bond ribbon without damaging the screen but the panel will need to be removed.

Comment

Had this issue with one of these.
            TV ran for 5 minutes then cut out, yellow led on PSU blinks 8 times.
            Anyone got a service manual

Comment

Originally posted by zwarder View Post
              Had this issue with one of these.
              TV ran for 5 minutes then cut out, yellow led on PSU blinks 8 times.
              Anyone got a service manual
              12v supply from psu has dropped to 10v I will investigate

Comment

Working...
              X