Aerocool Integrator 600W - ACP-I600HG - Low +5V SB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aerocool Integrator 600W - ACP-I600HG - Low +5V SB

A mate gave me one of his old PCs, he said that he was having problems with the power button, so he had jumpered the green to ground on the PSU to make it work. When I finally got to it, it no longer seems to boot.

Anyway, I stripped out the motherboard and PSU from the case, made a few basic tests, find the power button is fine, and all voltages seem to be ok-ish (3.30, 5.07, 12.20) except for the +5 SB, which is around 4.06V.

The motherboard is GA-Z97P-D3, and seems to boot ok with another PSU, but the original PSU and the motherboard have the 8-pin CPU power connector. When I got it to boot with another PSU, that PSU only has a 4-pin CPU connector. Does the motherboard need to have an 8-pin connector? Maybe if overclocking? He might have been doing that, I need to ask him. The motherboard manual doesn't mention anything in this regard.

So getting back to the +5V SB, are these power supplies worth delving into to try and repair? And is the 4-odd volts on that likely to be why it's not booting, is that too low?
    Last edited by tmcw; 05-14-2022, 10:18 AM.

Re: Aerocool Integrator 600W - ACP-I600HG - Low +5V SB

Rather, it is necessary to replace the electrolytic capacitor in the + 5v SB power supply.

Comment

Re: Aerocool Integrator 600W - ACP-I600HG - Low +5V SB

Thanks, yes, it looks like it, when I cracked open the power supply, I found 2 1000uF/16V caps that are bulging on top. I haven't delved further to see if they are part of the +5V SB circuit yet though.

There are a few other 1000uF/10v caps that are the same brand, so I might change them as well.
      Last edited by tmcw; 05-17-2022, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X