plaese help me to unlock me hp 745 G4 travolta-6050a2834601-mb
            try it
            Attached Files

Comment

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool

still locked please halp me

Comment

does the tool clear also the power on password? if not, does anyone know a way to do that?

Comment

Send the file and I shall see.

Comment

Work great for 820 G3

Comment

Looks like it is time to start programming HPUnlocker_v2. Reason being that I just received these laptops to test on and successfully unlocked G6 without any issues at all. No errors on every boot, no missing SN, OA3 etc and it takes less effort than previous methods.

Tested on 840G6, 850G6, 745G6.

I don't wish to release this method just yet because I still want to test some things to see if it is a reliable method. Meanwhile, you might want to use previous method, introduced by Peste.
                      And I will ignore every request in personal messages so don't bother sending them
                      Last edited by RethoricalCheese; 10-19-2020, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Excellent thread and thanks RethoricalCheese! I plan to attempt this on an Elitebook 830-G6 this week and I happen to find this in the nick of time. I realize that you don't have the new v2 version of HPUnlocker, but can you help me confirm what I need to do?

I only see one BIOS chip on my board; WINBOND W25Q256JVEN. Is there a second chip that I need to dump and re-program?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Yes, starting to write v2 today.
                          And yes, you need the other chip, which is on the other side of the board on 840/850/745. I guess its the same with 830.

Comment

Thank you very much for the quick reply. If you need a Beta tester for your code, I'm willing to give it a try!

Thanks again.

Comment

Hi, just to thank you. It works fine with elitebook 820 g1��. After flashing unlocked file i had a small issue with network card, no more connexion whatever drivers i used. I updated the bios and it fixed it. Thanks again

Comment

Hello guys. I just registered because I searched a bit and did not found info regarding this.
                                Have a 840 G5 with bios password that I bought second hand. How can I read the bios and make a dump? Many thanks

Comment

HP Elitebook 850 G2 - work great!
                                  Move it to c:\ before using and disable UAC!

Comment

Does anybody happen to have EC (the smaller sized) bios from a locked Elitebook G3/G4? I've seen G5 and G6, just want to check if previous models are partially the same.

Comment

Thank you for that tool. I can confirm it working succesfully on 840 G3 and 640 G1.

Of course I had to fight with MS Antivirus first...

Comment

Kindly assist with Hp Probook 650 G2 bios locked

file attached below
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                                          Haven't had an issue with surestart yet.
                                          Sorry, I just need to double check. You have successfully removed the password on laptops with Surestart enabled?

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                                          And yes, you need the other chip, which is on the other side of the board on 840/850/745.
                                          So both chips needs to be reprogrammed, right?

Comment

Working...
                                          X