Samsung Plasma PN58B860Y2F low vscan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Plasma PN58B860Y2F low vscan

We all of the sudden started getting a washed out picture and rainbow colored static/snow.

When we tested vscan, etc., everything measured properly but not the vscan.

Supposed to be -193 got -93 (tested it w the TV on)

Researched it and decided to replace the y board and y buffers.

Now I get no picture or sound - TV turns on but nothing else.

When I run the same tests I am still getting -93 on the vscan test and this is now a different Y board, buffers, etc.

So I am thinking either I did something wrong originally in how I did or interpreted the -93 reading - or this y board is having the exact same issue.

Multimeter was set to 200 on the left hand side (there is a V with a - and ... underneath).

May or may not be relevant: in 2013 I had to replace the main board << may not be exact correct term - the one the HDMI is on. At that time I think the symptom was constant clicking from the TV. Has been working perfectly until this now happened.

What do you think I should try next or do?

Thanks very much.
    Last edited by xrey; 10-18-2020, 11:22 AM.

Re: Samsung Plasma PN58B860Y2F low vscan

Do you have any high resolution photo's of your boards which could help people to work out where you should measure Vscan?
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
      Do you have any high resolution photo's of your boards which could help people to work out where you should measure Vscan?
      Thanks dick_barton

I'm willing to post a picture if that would help, for sure, the thing is, I'm pretty certain I am measuring at the right spot because Vs, Va, Vscan, etc., are clearly labeled on the board.

I'm wondering if a better question or better way to ask would have been just that I replaced the Y boards and Y Buffers and now not getting picture and sound.

I'll post it though if you think that would help.

Comment

What's the vscan with the buffers disconnected?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamie View Post
          What's the vscan with the buffers disconnected?
          Saw this real late - will try tonight tonight or tomorrow.

What could I expect to find or figure out if it's different?

Also - I remember reading that for some measurements you need to have the TV on for at least 15 minutes to get a true reading. Does that apply to the vscan reading?

Thanks @Hamie

Comment

Working...
          X