Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 50PX950 Clicks, Turns off instantly

Here's one: http://www.tvpartsguy.com/servlet/th...N-BOARD/Detail

I believe this one is also the correct board. It looks like the part number might have been entered incorrectly, so you'd have to confirm with the seller: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-EBU611259...-/400335162140
    Last edited by capkid; 08-16-2013, 10:14 PM.
    LG Plasma Mal-Discharge Correction Service

Comment

I saw those, but the picture on ebay shows a sticker that clearly says 60px950 and while pic on the other site is small it seems to me it is also 60px. Is there a way to find out whether these boards will work on 50px950? the EAX numbers seem to match...

Also, is there a way to test the small board or is that unnecessary given the symptoms and results of tests so far?

And lastly, here is one board that I found: http://marcoselectronics.com/index.p...d=6511&cPath=3
      Has anyone heard of this seller? It is used, but at this time it does not look like i have many options...

Thanks!
      Last edited by hehehh; 08-17-2013, 11:12 AM.

Comment

For a main board and processing board, the difference between 50" and 60" shouldn't matter, as they are both 1080p which is the only main requirement.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

got it. What about the other notations/versions on the board. The one online says VER-3.02.00.11
          MIC-3.08.0-OK

while mine is
          VER-3.01.05.11
          MIC-3.07.0-OK
          Is that something to disregard as well?

thanks,

Comment

Will probably refer to firmware.
            Try to buy from a seller which offers a return policy in case the board is faulty, or has a incompatibility that cannot be easily seen.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

it looks like both sellers do not do refunds, so i guess i will take the plunge and order one of the boards and see how it plays out. I will report back once i get it...

thanks for all the help!

Comment

Hi folks,
                sorry for the late update, i have been real busy the past two weeks... I finally found time to replace the board about a week ago and the TV fired right up. it has worked fine for about a week now, without any issues. I purchased a board for the 50px950 from Marcos electronics.
                I want to thank everyone for the great help, and especially tom66 and capkid!

thanks,

Comment

Glad to hear thanks for getting back!

Comment

Back after a year... Turned the tv on, it worked for a few hours then did the clicking thing again and wouldn't turn back on.

Read the instructions on how to run the test pattern and it ran 3 times in a row for 15 minutes almost to the second. Does this mean that the power supply is not the issue and that it's the main board?

I am not good with wires, fuses, diodes, etc. I can plug things in, program them, but not the best with electrical stuff. Is it possible to salvage this main board or should I look into buying one (I can't find one anywhere except for this german one with a slightly different model number =\ )

I can get the TV to turn on for 5 minutes to an hour if I let it sit for awhile. Is it possible to reprogram the main board? Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Hi guys, I also a 50px95n. Yesterday morning it worked, now it does not turn on anymore. I hear the click of the relay, but it remains black. It is a 3d plasma.

For some time it had a strange defect, when it was turned on the image would flash fast, then after a few seconds it was fine until I turned it off. Sometimes I had to turn it on and off several times to make it start well, but once it started it was perfect.
                      Sometimes, more often when I turned it off, the relay was slow to click... maybe 4-5 seconds after I turned it off, and then the second click after another 4-5 seconds.
                      Yesterday I tried to disconnect the power, and the red led was on for at least another 15-20 seconds... I don't think this is normal.
                      Now it is dead... black screen and no sound. When I turn on the 2 clicks of the relay, the screen turns dark grey for a few seconds, then black. But for at least 30 seconds any button I press, apart from switching off, does nothing, not even the LED on the TV that indicates that I am sending a command. After a while the TV seems to receive signals from the remote control, but it doesn't change anything... black screen.
                      What do you can suggest? I don't want trash it

Thanks
                      Ale

Comment

Check the 3 ceramic resistors for continuity AND ohms. One will probably be reading different from the other 2. Replace it and turn the set on. They are on the power supply.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi dear,
                          Idisassembled the motherboard and checked the 3 resistors. Initially the values, with two different multimeters, changed continuously up and down.... starting from 100 and after a few seconds it progressively reached 200...
                          After a while I tried again, and this time they seem, unfortunately, all 3 ok.Between 11.5 and 11.6 ohm 😢
                          What do we invent now?

Thanks much
                          Ale

Comment

Does your meter beep when you touch the leads together? If so, check each one for continuity, they are resistors and a fuse in the same part.

Comment

Now I'm thinking you mainboard is bad. Unplug the ribbon going to the control board from the mainboard and put a paperclip in the two holes circled. Plug the tv back in and see if you have test patterns on the screen.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tvtimmy View Post
                                Does your meter beep when you touch the leads together? If so, check each one for continuity, they are resistors and a fuse in the same part.
                                Hi dear, i just tried and from all 3 resistance, i get beep

Now I'm thinking you mainboard is bad. Unplug the ribbon going to the control board from the mainboard and put a paperclip in the two holes circled. Plug the tv back in and see if you have test patterns on the screen.
                                The control board, is the one on the right?

I hope u can drive me to repair it.... :'(

Best Regards
                                Ale

Comment

1 is the control board
                                  2 is the PC board
                                  3 is the mainboard
                                  Unlatch the ldvs ribbon circled in red in picture 2.
                                  Put a paperclip in the 2 holes circled in red in picture 1
                                  Put your power supply back in and hook everything back up to it.
                                  Plug in tv and test patterns should come on the screen.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

i can do this test only in Weekend, now here with me i have only the Amp board.
                                    I give you some more information.
                                    When I turn on the TV, the red light comes on. Then for several seconds the remote control is as if inhibited. I notice this because the red LED turns blue when it receives command from the remote control.

In the center of the TV is a large blue LED that lights up at the beginning, and then goes off....

I look at this video where it says to check the diode D304.
                                    I tried to verify and my tester beep, because there is continuity so it means is broken?

https://youtu.be/DNot1A2ektI

Thanks
                                    Last edited by Robbynaish; 10-21-2020, 01:33 AM.

Comment

When testing a diode you must put your meter in diode mode. You should read .400 to .700 one way, then reverse the meter leads and read OL, or nothing.

Comment

When testing a diode you must put your meter in diode mode. You should read .400 to .700 one way, then reverse the meter leads and read OL, or nothing.
                                        Both side i get 005-006 in some moment 007.... broken?

Thanks

Comment

I have taken, for eventual replacement at the weekend, the diode and the transistor

The Diode was to be SB140/SR140 and the Transistor 3BR 1565JF

The Transistor has the correct code, even if the vertical code is different from the one they give in the kit on ebay.. I do not know if it is important.

They gave me a 5A 100V diode... I noticed it and I went back to it.... and the girl told me that this is better and that if the technician says that it is not good to call her, she will explain it to him... ����

What do you say? Is it really all the same, or not?

The problem is that I think is too big

Thanks
                                          Last edited by Robbynaish; 10-21-2020, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X