LG 32LB9D No sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 32LB9D No sound

Anyone have a way to factory reset this tv? I have had sound at times. Or any links to firmware? I did the menu on the remote and menu on the tv and there is no reset option in there.

EDIT: WOW! I just pulled the mainboard out to take a look. It's completely warped. It must has gotten really hot before. I'm assuming this will need a new mainboard.
    Last edited by dcapper; 05-28-2014, 07:48 PM.

Re: LG 32LB9D No sound

The most common issue on these sets is low 3.4V from the PSU causing a variety of issues, such as nonfunctional sound, poor digital TV reception, TV not responding to the side buttons, etc.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hi Tom,

When I got it, it had one blown cap in it. I only replaced the one. Maybe I better look at replacing them all. The sound works once in a while.

Thanks for the info

Comment

Oh I forgot to mention. There is 32000 hours on the tv.

Comment

Check the 3.4V pin on the power supply.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I replaced all the caps and still no sound. So I tapped the power supply in different spots until the sound came on. Cold solder joint on one of the FET's. Tv is working again.

Comment

I had this TV for a while.
              First, looks like too much current was going through 3.4V wire, the wire and connector pins got burnt.
              Replaced the wire, soldered directly PCB to PCB.
              The TV was working, but with lots of background static digital noise.
              Replaced 2200uF and 3300uF caps in power supply, not so much noise as before, but still there is still some.

Comment

Might have some more bad capacitors on the board.

Comment

Working...
                X