X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EC-BIOS for MEDION AKOYA P2211T

MEDION AKOYA P2211T (MD 98806)

Need ec-bios for this laptop.

Mounts kbc ITE IT8528E (ic U10). It has pulses at pin 1,2,5 and 6 all the time, and never change when power button is pressed.

U17 (pch-bios) have no voltage and no pulses.

Here is the original backup:
    Attached Files

Re: EC-BIOS for MEDION AKOYA P2211T

Can you post the bios backup as well .
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

This is the content of pch-bios:
      Attached Files

Comment

I found two bios updates,the versions are 1.06 (IS) and 1.06 (A) .Both bios regions are different but both the extracted EC`s are exactly the same as your backup. The pulsing voltage is likely to be the 3V voltage regulator or IT8528E thats faulty

http://www1.medion.de/downloads/inde...reiber&lang=au
        http://www.medion.com/de/service/_li....php?did=13382

MEDION AKOYA P2211 Serie
        MEDION AKOYA P2211T Serie
        MEDION AKOYA P2212 Serie
        MEDION AKOYA P2212T Serie
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thanks for your hard work, I have downloaded a bios update from Medion website, but can't open it with 7zip. (did not try to run the exe)

Both bios regions are different but both the extracted EC`s are exactly the same as your backup
          If extracted EC`s are both the same as mine, then I will replace kbc with a new one and will cross my fingers.

Mounts kbc ITE IT8528E (ic U10). It has pulses at pin 1,2,5 and 6 all the time
          Sorry for not explain clearly. The mentioned pulses are measured in ec-bios chip, and are normal pulses.

Do you know if there is a schematic for this motherboard?

It is very difficult to test i/o pins from ite8528 without the rigth scematic,
          Last edited by Francisco.s; 10-18-2020, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Hi, I have extracted ec-bios from "biop221x_106_is.exe" and its content is different to the original one.

I have tested the ec-bios extracted, but have the same pattern of pulses on bios chip.

the extracted EC`s are exactly the same as your backup
            Did you extracted the same bios?

this is the one I've extracted:
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Francisco.s; 10-19-2020, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Francisco.s View Post
              Hi, I have extracted ec-bios from "biop221x_106_is.exe" and its content is different to the original one.

I have tested the ec-bios extracted, but have the same pattern of pulses on bios chip.

Did you extracted the same bios?

this is the one I've extracted:
              I did extract the same bios.I meant the EC in the 3MB extracted bios update is the same,i never looked at Docking.bin ,i missed it somehow

Anyway,try this bios with the 3MB bios update merged + clean TXE ,and the new EC
              Attached Files
              Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-19-2020, 01:34 PM.

Comment

I did extract the same bios.I meant the EC in the 3MB extracted bios update is the same,i never looked at Docking.bin ,i missed it somehow
                Hi, thanks for your help. Im afraid that all the problem come from kbc or its near sourronding circuit.

The content of Docking.bin and IT8528E_NEW.BIN is the same.

I've tested Docking.bin without success.

I will try the P2211T BYT_TAB TXE_CLEAN dump for pch-bios, but the pch bios seems to work only when kbc talk with pch and I think this talk is not present. (pch-bios has no 1.8 volts in pin 8)

I am investigating and comparing other laptops circuis with the same kbc. (IT8528E)

I will post the positive results. (it is very difficult without schematic)

Thanks.

Comment

IT8528E_NEW is just Docking.bin padded out to 256KB . 1.8V might not appear until after pressing the power button,you need to find out how and where its generated from. Are there any part numbers on the motherboard to check for a schematic ?

Comment

Are there any part numbers on the motherboard to check for a schematic ?
                    Hi, there is a code to identify the board, but google tell almost nothing about it.

This is the code: 158JV3-050300. (I've only encounter a Russian website that sells a docking station for this laptop)

The +3VALW and +5VALW chips have a weird marking code like 0014 5330, and 0011-5332A. (32 pin qfn for 0014 5330)

Have you seen this IC before?
                    Last edited by Francisco.s; 10-21-2020, 04:24 AM.

Comment

I found the board number but there`s no schematic available for it, so good luck with the repair.
                      If you want to go any further with it i suggest you start a new thread in the main laptop forum as its beyond the scope of a bios repair .

Comment

If you want to go any further with it i suggest you start a new thread in the main laptop forum as its beyond the scope of a bios repair
                        Thanks SMDFlea, I will try to find out information about kbc pines.

As soon as I have more news, I will start a new thread and let you know.

Comment

bios is working There is a password in the bios

Comment

Can you extract the bios password

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post

Anyway,try this bios with the 3MB bios update merged + clean TXE ,and the new EC
                              bios not working

Comment

Medion p2211t TZ20II1 REV C 15BJV3 bios

need bios

this bios is working but there is a password

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...1&d=1613380997
                                Last edited by ahmetermin; 02-15-2021, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Re: Medion p2211t TZ20II1 REV C 15BJV3 bios

Originally posted by ahmetermin View Post
                                  need bios

this bios is working but there is a password

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...1&d=1613380997
                                  try
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                  X