This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Welcome all! EE by schooling, although only lightly used in 20+ years of professional work.

I'm here first and foremost for advise / instruction / education on repairing a Samsung Plasma TV.

Comment

Hello there!
      My name is Pedro
      I am new in this post an I hope to learn and contribute as much as possibly
      thanks

Comment

hello everyone. i'm new to this kind of thing, got a toshiba x40 that ive forgotten the bios code for so thats all im here for really

Comment

Hello:

I found this essential forum looking for information that in the end I forgot what it was when I started reading some interesting things about this forum.
          The good thing is that I liked it and I signed up.
          My name is Manuel, I live in Spain and I am 60 years old. I have studied electronics, helicopter aeronautical mechanics, industrial instrumentation with ISO 9001. I worked in several multinationals and I have been retired due to professional illness in the latter.
          I have worked many specialties in electronics, but I have always liked the repair and calibration of test equipment and standards, so in 2011 I created a forum for this purpose to unite people with the same concerns and there We share our experiences, we are few, but select since the world of measuring instruments is complicated and most only remember it when the multimeter or other similar equipment breaks down. We do not want to be many, but rather technical and interested in this field of electronics, its address is: https://equiposdetest.foroactivo.com/
          I want to congratulate all the members of this forum for the contribution of knowledge, without them it would not be possible to make this public.
          A greeting from Spain.

Manuel.

Comment

Hey guys, name's Vinnie, from UK. I am self-taught & have been doing this as a hobby to get away from the kids & wife lol.
            Currently attempting to repair a no power HP 250 G5 at the minute but can't find the boardview file, of course.
            Thanks for having me

Comment

Hello people, name's Naren, from India.
              Trying to locate a shorted solid capacitor on my trusty ASUS P5Q Pro motherboard that won't turn on... EATX_12V shows continuity across 12V and GND with 11Ohms reading on the Fluke...

Cheers!

Comment

Hi, my name's Justin from Maryland USA!

Just a tinkerer and salvage rat (finds free stuff to resurrect and resell). Fixed a few TVs and such and always looking for more info to help with diagnosis.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi, I found you during my quest for knowledge.

Comment

I'd love access to posting threads, because I effed up my laptop MB. I am clumsy but am working on it. Computer Science student.

Comment

Hi all,

I'm a PhD student in Cell Biology but some of my hobbies include building PCs and just general tinkering with gadgets and such. My fiancee often wonders why I'm not just an engineer instead of a biologist. Sometimes I wonder too

Currently I'm trying to troubleshoot a used monitor I got off ebay...

Comment

Hello All,

By profession ASIC Design Engineer from India-USA.

With some free time now a days.
                        1) Looking at Samsung TV No Back Light (bn44-00341B Power Board CI818 cap problem) - Done.

Next in Line.

2) 2012 - Toshiba 42" LCD TV - IR receiver not working.
                        3) 2010 - Velodyne DPS 10" Sub Woofer - power on with blue led - nothing happens
                        4) 2012 - LG Three Door Bottom freezer Fridge - Does not turn on

Earlier fixed few PC, Laptops, Iphones, Ipads - small hardware, screens, and Software issues.

Can anyone point me to good Audio and Refrigerator repair sites like this one.

Thank You.
                        Ck Reddy

Cant stop learning.

Comment

Hey all,

I'm new here. My name is Jake and live in the Minneapolis are of Minnesota, USA.

I was searching the web to try and figure out how to fix a Sharp TV that I picked up for free. It has have some weird picture issues and I think I found the solution here somewhere. I bet someone may ask, so it's a Sharp LC-70E550U and is having a screen issue where it is partially dark and it looks like everything moves in slow motion.

If you have had this issue could you help me out?

Thanks.

Jake

Comment

Hi

Comment

hi everyone. im jason. thanks for being a part on this furom .
                              thankz for accepting

Comment

Hey everyone, I'm John. Joining this forum to lear how to fix a few TV for my place in big bear.

Comment

I'm an old electronics hobbyist who enjoys keeping broken electronics out of the land fill. Looking forward to contributing.

Comment

Greetings. My name is Kumar and have been involved with electronics for the past 40+ years. Interested to receive and provide assistance in troubleshooting of related equipment. Thanks.

Comment

Hello. Good place. Have good day everyone!

Comment

hello

Comment

Hi all, I've just joined this forum from the Scottish Highlands. I came here initially trying to get some info on a flat panel TV, but I hav a general interest in electronics and soldering (though my knowledge on both is very limited).

I'm very much interested in retro computing having owned (and still own) BBC micros, Commodre Amigas and some Spectrum stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                          X