UN55H6350AF cycling on for 12 seconds off for 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UN55H6350AF cycling on for 12 seconds off for 2

UN55H6350AF wonder if anyone has had similar issue, set comes on for about 12 seconds then goes off for 2 seconds, then all 3 lights go blue on tcon set lights up blinks one time then dims just a little, stays on for 12 seconds off for 2 seconds, all 3 tcon lights go blue set lights up blinks once then dims a bit over and over. Unplugged cable and verified powerboard and backlights, thinking it's a voltage problem on mainboard. Camera is down, borrowing pictures from ifhlaw, same tv: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ight=un55h6350
    Last edited by nomoresonys; 10-04-2020, 07:09 PM.

Re: UN55H6350AF cycling on for 12 seconds off for 2

Trying to jog my bad memory, no bl on signal from mainboard, is it solder jumper from bl on to standby pin or should I use a resistor? not sure which one is standby, is it pin 2- UD? or can I solder the jumper/resistor from bl on to another standby point on the board? unplugged bl on wire, now it goes on for 12 seconds off for 2 THEN which is different, backlights light up then 3 blue lights come on tcon but no blink and no slight dim and repeats this over and over so backlights come on for 12 seconds-go off for 2 seconds-backlights come on-3 blue lights light on tcon-back lights go off after 12 seconds etc etc.
    Last edited by nomoresonys; 10-04-2020, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Did anyone figure out how to update the firmware on these UN samshitz when they lose power every 12 seconds?

Comment

No hunches? maybe borked firmware, new eeprom needed?

Comment

Heated eeprom AND froze it, no difference whatsoever.

Comment

I think it's the shitty software gets corrupt, if so need to reprogram the eeprom/spi/nand or freeze the shit out of it long enough to update thru usb. I did the hours of detective work figuring it out, I don't get paid here so nobody else should either, if anyone feels a need...PLEASE donate to childhood cancer or any other worthy cause.

Comment

Not exactly sure now, after looking at manual, good job diff, https://manualzz.com/doc/2986174/ser...nd-accessories page 30, here's what I got, I'll just report the ones that seem off. L204 LOWER A5V_PW is reading 1.58v looks like it should read 5v:
              B3.3V_PW LOWER L203 reads 3.41v on one side only.
              A1.5V_DDR_PW UPPER LEFT L2001 reads 5v. Anyone think this could be a hardware issue instead of a firmware issue? Thanks.
              Last edited by nomoresonys; 10-07-2020, 02:37 PM.

Comment

i would recommend to inter service menu from off state.. see the set will remain on or it will shut down as it does..

Comment

Thanks Diah, It will not go into off state, it comes on as soon as I plug it into mains, I managed to get to service menu, wasn't easy but it goes away when the 2 seconds off hits, can you tell if it's a hardware component issue, from page 30 of the manual and the off readings from those three components in post #7? I'll try to post a screenshot of the picture, I know these mainboards can be a real pain to diagnose, the manual says replace mainboard, do you think a firmware issue would make those components read off like that? THANKS for helping with this puzzle, I appreciate it.
                  Last edited by nomoresonys; 10-08-2020, 05:52 AM.

Comment

The fact that it will not even go into off state, makes me thing it's a firmware issue more than anything else, does this sound right?

Comment

force it to go standby .. press on RC or back panel the power keep press then plug in wall socket.. or generate error for example remove LVDS

Comment

Seems that the only way it stays off is with the lvds cable removed, probably a dumb question but can I update it with the lvds cable unplugged, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                          do you think a firmware issue would make those components read off like that? THANKS for helping with this puzzle, I appreciate it.
                          yes its FW glitch, but who knows the reason... if bad sector on nand or ram will cause this too

Comment

BTW: go to SamyGo. the best place to know about how to if there FW issue... because if some one did wrong with rooting samsung FW it will cause booting loop as you had right now.

Comment

Will it update with lvds cable unplugged?

Comment

Will it update with lvds cable unplugged?
                                No, the idea of generate error to let FW by pass to other section of it.. to register the error .. the set need such things to let the FW rolling up, same the idea of interning SM.

Comment

It will not go to off state, you think I should unplug lvds while it's on?
                                  to maybe get into off state?

Comment

It will not go to off state, you think I should unplug lvds while it's on?
                                    to maybe get into off state?
                                    FREEZ the Nand very well then turn on... it should turn on.. as soon remain on make factory reset then stop freezing

Comment

For what it's worth my UN55KS800DXFZA is running exactly like this, 12 seconds off then on for a second or so and repeat. I'm heading into town now for some freeze spray, thermal adhesive for the heat sink that came off as soon I popped the plastic rivets with springs, and power board connectors to make a cable where I can access the tiny holes for measuring.

Comment

I used a very small needle for measuring.

Comment

Working...
                                        X