Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Different capacitors in the sassi and different values in the schematic !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different capacitors in the sassi and different values in the schematic !

Hello guys.
    Recently i finished my first restoration in a 61 years old tube reel to reel recorder (Geloso G258) .
    Thanks God the process ended positively and the recorder works again very good.

In this process i met a big problem by trying to figure what value in capacitors to use.

I say this because all the capacitors excluded the electrolitic had different values from the capacitors in the sassi !!!
    Not one or two capacitors. It's about 12 capacitors !!!
    For sure i have the correct schematic.

At the end i have used the values from the sassi and everything works perfectly.
    Any idea why this happens?
    I believed that the schematic always corresponding with the real machine.

I really need to hear your opinions .

The first picture show the values of the sassi capacitors.
    The second the schematic.
    Attached Files

Re: Different capacitors in the sassi and different values in the schematic !

Some capacitors can be higher or lower value, or voltage, they are not critical. If you need minimum 20K (0.02uF) but you have 25K (0.025uF) parts in stock, then you use them. Sometimes improvements are made during production, so the parts are different because the schematic did not get updated.

Comment

Thanks again Redwire

Comment

hello

Comment

Comment

A capacitor with 250/5 inscription, what value it has ?
            I know the 5 is the tolerance but the 250 what it is ?

Comment

Or this capacitor . Is 500v , 5% tolerance
              The 200 in what unit is ?
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lef de art View Post
                Or this capacitor . Is 500v , 5% tolerance
                The 200 in what unit is ?
                Looks like a polystyrene capacitor, possibly 200pF.
                PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Yes it's polystyrene capacitor. So it is pf

Comment

They could be 200pf 500V Ducati Axial Electrolytic Capacitors
                    Here is a picture of 1300pf 600V Ducati Axial Electrolytic Capacitors
                    Attached Files

Comment

Comparing the recording sound i have now with the sound i had before changing the capacitors i have the filing that i have lost enough bass, low frequencys.
                      As it is normal in the replacement capacitors process it wasn't easy to find the exactly value in capacitors. So some changes was made...
                      There is any chance the following replacements to be wrong?
                      What is your opinion?

0,005uf / 150v replaced with 0.0056 250v

0,002uf / 400v replaced with 0,0033 400v

0,025uf / 300v replaced with 0,027/ 400v

0,5uf / 150v replaced with 0,56/ 250v

Or this differences are not important?
                      Thanks in advance guys

Comment

Working...
                      X