Dell Inspiron 5748 17" won't power up always

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Inspiron 5748 17" won't power up always

Dell Inspiron 5748 won't power up always, i must remove battery + charger and press the power button for few seconds, then will work without a problem but the next day maybe i have the same problem.
    The voltage on power button is always 3V and when i press the button will go to 0V. I have update the BIOS but the problem not solved. Any idea where to look?

Re: Dell Inspiron 5748 17" won't power up always

Do you mean cmos battery?? If so then you have problem in RTC section.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
      Do you mean cmos battery?? If so then you have problem in RTC section.
      No Laptop Battery

Comment

i've the same problem, but with 6 beeps (just happening fortuitously). changed everything (display included because beeping codes say that the display is faulty). display cable connector looks suspicious, but the panel is fully functional without any faults while it's being moved and so on... any suggestions (flashed firmware etc...). laptop is working fine if it is booting up normally...
        Last edited by rediii; 01-16-2020, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rediii View Post
          i've the same problem, but with 6 beeps (just happening fortuitously). changed everything (display included because beeping codes say that the display is faulty). display cable connector looks suspicious, but the panel is fully functional without any faults while it's being moved and so on... any suggestions (flashed firmware etc...). laptop is working fine if it is booting up normally...
          What do you mean “while it's being moved” if you move the screen it's working? If so Bad connection. Dell 6 Beeps Video Bios test Failure

Comment

Originally posted by techtiger View Post
            What do you mean “while it's being moved” if you move the screen it’s working? If so Bad connection. Dell 6 Beeps Video Bios test Failure
            no way. i got the solution and i hate dell for this case: i cloned all data from the hdd with stock partitions to a ssd. i deleted the pbr-partition on the ssd (last partition). now the laptop is working fine and has no beeps anymore. i ran the uefi diagnostics ~20 times: no problems found, everything was good, so i doubt it to be a video issue.

!!!MY BAD IT WAS 8 NOT 6 BEEPS!!!
            Last edited by rediii; 01-16-2020, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rediii View Post

!!!MY BAD IT WAS 8 NOT 6 BEEPS!!!
              here is the solution in my case (sorry guys): every modular component was in fact fully functional. i took out the motherboard and found a lot of bad solder joints on the board (bios-chip, battery-ic, bad joints on the eDP port and filters...). i resoldered everything and now it is working fine. i think it was a bad connection between the eDP port and the motherboard. thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
              X