Hp elİtebook 2560p strange power issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hp elİtebook 2560p strange power issue

Hello all I have an HP ELitebook 2560p (6050A2400201-MB-A02) with strange power issue,

Firstly it had no power , tps 51123 was shorted by
    BCD_AZV321KTR_E1_SOT23_5P which was shorted by
    As well (u2004 on service manual) , i replaced
    TPS 51123 (3v/5v standby reg) and AZV321KTR
    after that pin 18 of tps 51123 (ENC) shorted by
    SSM3K7002FU mosfet (q2039 on manual)
    After i removed the mosfet and system
    Was on but there is a strange problem after this,
    When you pluged in charger, laptop turns on
    Automatically and Amp raises up To
    Around 0.68 ~ 0.74 amp and laptop shows
    Hp logo on screen (seems everything works normally)
    But after 4 or 5 seconds laptop turns off and current
    Drain drops to around 0.06 ~ 0.07 amp and
    Power button is not responding , by following
    The cpu fan start to run at max speed
    Draining goes from 0.06 to 0.15 Thats why
    Fan is runing full speed and then about in 1 min
    Fan is slowing down and current drain goes to
    0.02 from 0.15 slowly it never starts again with power button, (power button has no problem) and that while voltage on power button drops to 0.3V and its impossible to start laptop again by pressing power button, i mean its not responding
    Unless i plugged out the charger and plagged in
    Again and this cycle goes like this
    İt seems that its is an fake cpu overheating
    Issue but not (while happening this cpu
    İs like ice cold, not even warm but motherboard
    Thinks that the cpu is very very hot with in 5
    Seconds but its not actually)

What i did ;

İ checked all the voltages all is ok
    3.3, 5 , 3s , 5s, 1.8 , 1.8s 1.5, 1.5s ,0.75s
    1.05s all are ok but there is no voltage on
    Vgfx core (L2015 on manual) also PWR_GOOD_3
    Signal is missing on cpu power controller
    ISL95831HRTZ (U2023) at pin 8, (actually its not missing
    When you plugged in charger first PWR_GOOD_3 is present which its about 2.85V and after laptop
    Shows hp logo and off then PWR_GOOD_3 signals dprops
    0 V With in 4 or 5 sec. Then fan start run max laptop
    Seems power off only fun is running and power
    Switch does not work

İ flashed more than 3 bios all is same reaction
    i sure that its not an bios issue or an clean me issue

i sure that hm chipset and KBC are ok

İ tested 3 different original hp charger as well
    All is same reaction

Please help me ������ what night have the problem??

İ sure that its an incorrect or fake termal alert
    But i could not understand what is casing this

NOTE : confirm that CPU is also ok, and
    System has no dedicated graphics card, its
    İ5 2450m with intel HD graphics
    Last edited by meraklinetx; 01-15-2020, 09:42 PM.

Re: Hp elİtebook 2560p strange power issue

No boady does not know ?? ,i saw just excatly the same issue on other forums but they dont have solution

Please help me

Comment

Did you replace the Fet ?check out page 16 Schematic. Give a try with CPU_PROCHOT# PM_THRMTRIP#
      Last edited by Techtiger; 01-16-2020, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by techtiger View Post
        Did you replace the Fet ?check out page 16 Schematic. Give a try with CPU_PROCHOT# PM_THRMTRIP#
        My friend firstly thank you for your answer
        Which one my friend ?? The thermal sensor ?? Which is On page 16 , U2015 (GMT_G781P8f_MSOP_8P) or Q2049 on page 18 which is CPU_PROCHOT# connected to this mosfet SSM3K7002FU ??

İ also want to mension that U2013 (SL95831HRTZ) pin 11 (NTC) Has always voltage about 0.89V and pin 10 is about VR_HOT# is about 1.39V are these values ok ? Or not ?

Comment

This is the manual that i am using
          Attached Files

Comment

Also one thing that i noticed is after 100 times trying (plugged in out adapter ) system works normally it does not go 0.67 to 0.06 it goes up about 1.08A after this if you plugged it and out charger it works normal but if you switch off system with power button 1 time then the strange power issues comes back (0.67 after 5 sec to 0.06) and power button does not respond again and System never opens (when you plugged charger shows hp logo then offs after 5 secs current goes to 0.06 again) also i noticed that battery is not charging, does this problem may related about adapter det signals?? Because when i measure it , it every time stays at 0.05 V

Comment

Also i noticed that U2014A-B comparator pin 7 and pin 1 out (LM393) firstly 2.98V (shows hp logo) after 5 sec the (current drops from 0.67 to 0.06A) comparator outs (pin 1 and 7) drops to 0.08V fan rans full speed power button does not respond, comparator VIN (pin 8) has always stable 5V , can it be an lm393 issue ? Comparator damaged?? But it runs 5 sec then failed , very interesting any help and idea are wellcome please

Comment

No any help ?? no boady can not advise anything ?? please help , any idea are wellcome

Comment

Any help ??? Please ???

Comment

Originally posted by meraklinetx View Post
                    Also i noticed that U2014A-B comparator pin 7 and pin 1 out (LM393) firstly 2.98V (shows hp logo) after 5 sec the (current drops from 0.67 to 0.06A) comparator outs (pin 1 and 7) drops to 0.08V fan rans full speed power button does not respond, comparator VIN (pin 8) has always stable 5V , can it be an lm393 issue ? Comparator damaged?? But it runs 5 sec then failed , very interesting any help and idea are wellcome please
                    Lm393 is fine problem is some way else

Comment

I beleive its related to PCH power. Somewhere +1.05Vs rail should be the issue.

Comment

Dear techtiger and mcplslg123, thanks for your quick answers and ideas, but when l inspected again, I noticed that, 1.5vs (not 1.5v alw) is missing, 1.05s is ok has no problem, but 1.5vs is missing like this, there are 3 mosfets that when triggered by GATE_5S signal (according to the manual page 14 shows that its 14VS) one is supply 3VS , second is supplying 5VS and third one is supply 1.5VS (please see the pictures that I attached)
                        but before GATE_5S signals was missing due to 3 of resistors damaged (R2170 which was 61.9K , R2171 was 0 ohm and R2172 was 124K and all were infinity ohm) (before this point the laptop consumes only 0.06 A and was not working (because of missing 3.3VS , 5VS and 1.5VS , but after l replaced resistors laptop now try to run normally current goes to 0.67 ~ 0.70A shows hp logo and shuts down with in 5 second and fan runs max speed and of fan installed current goes to form 0.7A to 0.15 A and slowly down to 0.02A, and laptop not respond the power button if fan unattached current goes from 0.7A to 0.06A directly as above posts i mentioned,
                        So, i noticed that there is no 14VS at GATE_5S, actually its like this, when plugged adapter, GATE_5S voltage start to rise up to 23.9 volt (with in 5 sec) and triggered 3.3 VS , 5VS mosfet and 1.5VS mosfets with 23.9V (not 14VS after i replaced resistors) and after the 23.9V goes to 0 V, and start alternating like 4v, 5v , 1v or even minus voltage on GATE_5S and then with in 5 sec 3.3VS and 5VS mosfets remain opened but 1.5VS mosfet closed again after 5 second and there is no 1.5VS anymore and system shuts down until I reattach power adaptor, this cycles goes like that , is that normal abouts GATE_5S signals ?? To rise up to 23.9V (not 14VS as like manual page 14) ?? The problem may related about this?? If so how to resolve this??
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by meraklinetx; 01-21-2020, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Any idea ??

Comment

Hello to all i solve the problem.
                            The problem was the power switch but actually swith is ok, but it was no 3.3v on switch , and it was no 3.3 Voltage on SIO chip pin 74 , so i think the pull up resistor may damaged as in picture of schematics which it was an 100K pull up resistor, (R2942 ) but the problem is i could not find this component on motherboard ,what a strange is that (and i dont know why) lots of resistors and capacitors has no naming like example Rxxx or Cxxx on the motherboard like as its schematic diagram , so what i did first , i connected directly from vreg 3 (LDO 3.3V) to the power switch , and after the laptop was never shuts down with in 5 sec , and was working ok but power switch wasnt respond (laptop was autopowering when plugged adapter every time and buton was not turns on or off laptop, after some research , l noticed that on switches pull up resistors are important, so i cuted the soldered wire in the middle (which i soldered from LDO to power switch on/off pin) and put an 100k big resistor like on schema as the picture i attached and yaayyy the power switch are responding now as it must on and off but i have some problems left . So please help

Problems:
                            1) if someone knows where is the resistor location , it will be very wellcome if someone tells me, so i can replace the big resistor with the SMD one as like schema but i could not find out where is located as i mentioned above (probably this resistors damaged )

2) I dont know why but still the cpu fan gets full speed a while (about 1 min) and then slowly down and stop (even the cpu is ice cold , and not hot, and i am sure that its not an thermal issue (what is interesting that, while laptop is working even 5 6 hours i test it, the fan is working almost about %20 of its speed and i check the temperarure and pch all them is about 30 ~ 44 degree maximum, i mean its all normal but when i shut down laptop cpu fan instantly go max speed and about in 1 min its stops slowly but at that time laptop was powered off as i mentioned my previous posts , someboady have idea why this is happening ??

3) before i repair laptop i suspected the bios and flashed it with latest bios from hp site, but (with an programmer and i forgot to take backup for the original bios) now the laptop is ok and working properly, but i am getting an error like this "ME is in recovery state"as the picture attached, after computer boots normally runs windows with out any problem and even it does not turns of even 1 day like clean me issue, but laptop works very slower than as it must (even with 7200 rpm hdd with 8 gb ram windows loads about in 10 minutes) , probubly its an clean me issue , i also did the latest update for the intel Fw me firmware which was on hp support page for HP elitebook 2560p but it did not fixed it, on every boot i get me is in recovery state, l searched google for this but i coud not figureout how to fix this problem. So guys any help are very wellcome about this problem

Thanks
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by meraklinetx View Post
                              Hello to all i solve the problem.
                              The problem was the power switch but actually swith is ok, but it was no 3.3v on switch , and it was no 3.3 Voltage on SIO chip pin 74 , so i think the pull up resistor may damaged as in picture of schematics which it was an 100K pull up resistor, (R2942 ) but the problem is i could not find this component on motherboard ,what a strange is that (and i dont know why) lots of resistors and capacitors has no naming like example Rxxx or Cxxx on the motherboard like as its schematic diagram , so what i did first , i connected directly from vreg 3 (LDO 3.3V) to the power switch , and after the laptop was never shuts down with in 5 sec , and was working ok but power switch wasnt respond (laptop was autopowering when plugged adapter every time and buton was not turns on or off laptop, after some research , l noticed that on switches pull up resistors are important, so i cuted the soldered wire in the middle (which i soldered from LDO to power switch on/off pin) and put an 100k big resistor like on schema as the picture i attached and yaayyy the power switch are responding now as it must on and off but i have some problems left . So please help

Problems:
                              1) if someone knows where is the resistor location , it will be very wellcome if someone tells me, so i can replace the big resistor with the SMD one as like schema but i could not find out where is located as i mentioned above (probably this resistors damaged )

2) I dont know why but still the cpu fan gets full speed a while (about 1 min) and then slowly down and stop (even the cpu is ice cold , and not hot, and i am sure that its not an thermal issue (what is interesting that, while laptop is working even 5 6 hours i test it, the fan is working almost about %20 of its speed and i check the temperarure and pch all them is about 30 ~ 44 degree maximum, i mean its all normal but when i shut down laptop cpu fan instantly go max speed and about in 1 min its stops slowly but at that time laptop was powered off as i mentioned my previous posts , someboady have idea why this is happening ??

3) before i repair laptop i suspected the bios and flashed it with latest bios from hp site, but (with an programmer and i forgot to take backup for the original bios) now the laptop is ok and working properly, but i am getting an error like this "ME is in recovery state"as the picture attached, after computer boots normally runs windows with out any problem and even it does not turns of even 1 day like clean me issue, but laptop works very slower than as it must (even with 7200 rpm hdd with 8 gb ram windows loads about in 10 minutes) , probubly its an clean me issue , i also did the latest update for the intel Fw me firmware which was on hp support page for HP elitebook 2560p but it did not fixed it, on every boot i get me is in recovery state, l searched google for this but i coud not figureout how to fix this problem. So guys any help are very wellcome about this problem

Thanks
                              For the Problem 2/3 you must Clean the ME Regin upload the BIOS in bios section some one will help you

Comment

Originally posted by techtiger View Post
                                For the Problem 2/3 you must Clean the ME Regin upload the BIOS in bios section some one will help you
                                Thanks for your quick help, is the fan problem related about clean me , right ??? So uploading bios from dump ? Or the bios that i downloaded from the net ?? (Which it was latest bios from hp site ??) , if i need to dump how to dump it ?? Can you give me some instractions please ??

Comment

You need a spi bios programmer to backup your bios.

Comment

Working...
                                  X