Asus GL753VE - No video/POST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus GL753VE - No video/POST

I am looking at an Asus GL753VE laptop that will not turn on (confirmed defective motherboard). The charge light stays on while plugged into power adapter. Laptop power light comes on with press of power button... stays on until when/if power button is held down for 10 seconds. No other signs of life.

I do not have a schematic for this board.
    I have not found any visible signs of damage... water/liquid, heat, or otherwise.
    There are 19v, ~5.5v, and ~3.3v at many various places in the board.
    The chipset warms up a little when the laptop is powered up.

Can anybody offer any insight as to what I can look for next?

Re: Asus GL753VE - No video/POST

Mb number? Check the voltage on all big gray coils as you power up take a pic mark the voltages and post
    Last edited by Techtiger; 01-18-2020, 04:09 AM.

Comment

I will follow though with your request when I get a chance... possibly later this evening. But in the meantime, I did realize today that I don't believe the first mosfet (after the power input) is getting turned on.

Comment

Asus GL753VE
        Board part number 60NB0DN0 - MB1500

Comment

Earlier when I said there was "no visible damage"... well please strike that from the record. I found this burned area today. It's directly on the other side of the board from the right hand side of this LCD connector.
          Attached Files

Comment

The burnt component is an inductance , remove it and check if there is a short
            on both pads. I don't know where is connected because the nets are under the
            lcd connector.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X