Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharp AQUOS LC-60LE633U--Power light flashing 5 times fast and then 2 slow flashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp AQUOS LC-60LE633U--Power light flashing 5 times fast and then 2 slow flashe

Ok now with just the right side "Flex" Cable between the two panel boards dissconnected , i get 75% picture

And when i dissconnect just the left side "Flex" i get no backlight or image..

What am I doing wrong here?

All Tcon cables and ribbons are connected
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Sharp AQUOS LC-60LE633U--Power light flashing 5 times fast and then 2 slow flashe

OK, Now with the right "Flex" cable disconnected, i get a white strip on the right (board thats dissconnected) a thin horizontal line and a black bar at the bottom of the screen.

Sooooo just clarify .Just The Bottom Right Side tab is bad?? I would need to pull that tab,
      Replace Tcon ,with all other cables and ribbons connected????
      Attached Files

Comment

hmmm ... you are likely there although the white side "blank" is "worrisome". Can you post a picture of the back side where you disconnected the cabling... the 60 is different than the 70 so it might help to understand what you are looking at.

By the way, I don't think you are doing anything wrong. when you disconnect one side, the expected result is to get some sort of picture, usually full screen. When you disconnect the other side, you are expected to get nothing.... so you are somewhat in-line with expectations. Its the large white area that is somewhat unexpected ... BUT it really depends on where / what you disconnected as it would appear that your "disconnect point" was still involving some form of the bottom board driver, hence the white screen portion.

lastly, if you feed a known test signal ... something like smpte color bars which can be found in the special features section of some dvd disc or elsewhere (computer files), you will get a better idea of the screen's functioning in terms of potential problems elsewhere. Note, the horizontal line is probably the "tell" of a driver failure on that side.
        Last edited by budwich; 12-15-2016, 07:44 AM.

Comment

I still have the original tcon in the tv, if tcon is faulty, could this be the reason for the white strip??.i have another tcon on order.

If i disconnect just the left side of Flex cable i get the same picture
          Attached Files

Comment

ok... thanks for the picture. I think I can make out what is happening. I don't think it has anything to do with your tcon. What's happening is that you are disconnecting a flex cable "interconnecting" the bottom edge boards and in this case a portion of the bottom board that would normally be driving that "quarter" of the panel is now disconnected. This is "equivalent" to disconnecting the tcon cable and losing that corresponding half of the screen which then turned white in your other pictures.
            As I said, I personally have not seen a 60 in and its cable interconnection but know from this forum that is a bit different. On the 70, there are edge boards along the bottom and also basically the same boards along each side. Those edge boards (side) have tab cables bonded to each side of the panel. On the 70, there are small white "ribbon" cables running between the bottom and side boards at each corner.
            From the discussions on this forum, the 60 does not have side edge boards but the side tab cables that are bonded to the panel are somehow connected on a similar flex material of the tab cables... in essence it carries around and down the side somehow and eventually connects to the bottom edge board somehow. I don't recall every seeing how this happens.... but a picture of the lower corner might be useful.

Anyways, from your effort, I am pretty sure that your set has a problem on the side that you have presently disconnected resulting in the white section for reasons that I have indicated. That would mean you need to peel away the tabs along the side of the panel ... but just to be clear only the side of the panel and NOT any along the bottom.
            Hope it is clear.

Comment

ok, so.i get a good picture everywhere but the bottom, and that thin horizontal line. its mostly black,with blue and green spots.
              All right sides tabs are removed, and right flex cable is connected
              Attached Files
              Last edited by realdealthill; 12-16-2016, 03:39 PM.

Comment

not sure what to say... again feed a known test pattern in so people can understand what they are looking at / for. Having said that, it is possible that the "compromised driver" on one side "hurt" the driver on the opposite. You need to check the tab area to ensure all the "tab sticky" has been removed... use your glasses for inspection... :-)

Comment

Here is what it looks like. I can get more pics
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by realdealthill; 12-16-2016, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Different colors
                    Attached Files

Comment

Don't know why it's upside down, horizontal line at bottom
                      Attached Files

Comment

If you have a thin black line running from left to right, after tab-bond removal...you have one of two issues

a) an irreparably bad panel as the driver on the other side has failed - removal will make the whole section go bad

b) contamination/damage around where you removed the ribbon cable - make sure to clean the surface of the tab connection point and make sure no ribbon cable parts remain.
                        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                          Try disconnecting the pannel ribbon connectors from the T-con board, and then powering the tv on. Its possable the panel is damaged
                          hi, i have a question about this, so what does the tv does if the panel is damaged, the panel turns on or remain blank? it might be a dumb question but i am new in this. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                            Try disconnecting the pannel ribbon connectors from the T-con board, and then powering the tv on. Its possable the panel is damaged
                            As suggested, I unplugged the ribbon cables and powered on the TV. The backlight is on. So what's next?

Comment

Originally posted by martino View Post
                              for the 60" you can do the same as the 70",rip the bad tabs off....
                              Read up on the 70" model first!!!!!!!!!

Happy New Year to all!

Brief description; I have a LC-70UQ17U. When I plug the TV in, the blue stand by light is on however when I press the power button I start getting the 5 slow 2 fast blink. Eventually I believe the TV then powers off. No picture, backlight, sound, etc. If it weren't for the green light on the main board and the standby light the tv pretty much looks dead.

I took the board out of the TV and checked the voltages and everything checks out fine. I feel I have narrowed it down to maybe some issue with the panel. The T-con and main board have been changed but same issue.

Brief description; When I plug the TV in, the blue stand by light is on however when I press the power button I start getting the 5 slow 2 fast blink. Eventually I believe the TV then powers off. No picture, backlight, sound, etc. If it weren't for the green light on the main board and the standby light the tv pretty much looks dead. IIRC, I don't get any error when disconnecting both ribbon cables form the TCON board however I get an error when either side is plugged in.

I found a video a while ago of a guy cutting the tabs from the panel/driver board? Do you actually have to cut the tab? Does this actually work? How do I know exactly which side I need to cut? Appreciate all of your help!
                              Last edited by anthony_c; 01-12-2021, 11:37 PM.

Comment

One more thing.. With my TV I am getting no difference unplugging the tcon ribbon cables... if I did indeed have to end up cutting the tabs how do I know which side I have to cut?

Comment

That one ribbon cable at a time test is how they know which side to remove, the bad side usually has distorted display and may have horizontal lines, the other side will look fine, it may not be your particular problem tho and as stated once done it can't be undone, everything you need to know about that solution is there: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49281

Comment

Working...
                                  X