Monitor Audio BXW10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Monitor Audio BXW10

From other things I have read it may be worth contacting monitor audio for the schematic

Comment

Dear
      Also I could not locate the service manual, Monitor Audio is difficult.
      Follows output class D sub.
      It uses IRS2092 (IC108). Check that the Q102 and Q102 fets are good.
      The IC109 is a microcontroller, which makes the protect and standby
      Without the fets the circuit works and can measure the voltages. After a while comes protection.
      Attached Files

Comment

The IRS2092S from my SUB was also damaged.
        To test the entire preamp part, remove the IRS209 and the FETs, enter a signal on the LINE INPUT and turn on the SUB. Check with the oscilloscope if the signal is present on the R150 which is the IRS input. Do not forget to increase the volume in the POT.
        After exchanging the FETs and the IRS in mine, everything was fine.

Comment

Thanks for follow up, amaral.

So from your description, it looks like once the PSU goes bad, the IRS209 IC and FETs may also need to be replaced to get the unit operational (that is, if there is no sound after the PSU is repaired).

Comment

Originally posted by MattM View Post
            ~ ~ = approx. 5 M ohm
            - + = 134 K ohm
            Leftmost switching transistor:
            pin 1 + pin 2 = 2.0 M ohm
            pin 2 + pin 3 = 400 k ohm
            pin 1 + pin 3 = 2.0 M ohm

Right switching transistor:
            pin 1 + pin 2 = 02.5 ohm
            pin 2 + pin 3 = 0.005 ohm
            pin 1 + pin 3 = 02.45 ohm

I am struggling to locate U209 please can you give me a pointer.

Thanks once again
            U209 - the name is erased, but it looks like ISL6744A. P18n50C and 1500x80v capacitor were punched. After replacement also does not start. Service manuals in Russia is also not.

Comment

P18n50C I ordered for aliexpress I suspect that the Chinese have sent bad ones. The rest of the details around the P18n50C seem to be working. I tend to install an additional power supply. It is more expensive to buy an audio monitor from a monitor than to buy a new BXW-10

Comment

Hi all, I have BXW10 that powers up, red light on back but there is no operation .. I've taken the amp / psu board out and can see a small electrolytic cap with diode next to it and a small 4 pin device in front, the cap has some blackening along with the board which looks to have come from a failure of the 4 leg device .. does anyone have a circuit diagram or know what the device is? Should i replace the electrolytics, 4 leg devices diodes and the big smoothing caps and see what happens?
                Anyone know what the voltages on the cable colours sulks be?

Mak

Comment

Originally posted by makidoja View Post
                  Hi all, I have BXW10 that powers up, red light on back but there is no operation .. I've taken the amp / psu board out and can see a small electrolytic cap with diode next to it and a small 4 pin device in front, the cap has some blackening along with the board which looks to have come from a failure of the 4 leg device ..
                  Could you post a picture of the affected area / parts. Without the part designators mentioned and no pictures, it's hard to determine which part of your circuit is faulty and what needs checking.

does anyone have a circuit diagram or know what the device is?
                  So far, no one has been able to find one. But last time I checked it was more than half a year ago. Unlikely that anyone has uploaded one or made one, though.

Should i replace the electrolytics, 4 leg devices diodes and the big smoothing caps and see what happens?
                  You can.
                  But the question is why did these parts blow? Chances are, there may be something else upstream or downstream of these parts (or the power supply itself) that made them go bad. So without checking first, you may end up with the same parts blowing again.

Anyone know what the voltages on the cable colours sulks be?
                  You can see a few of the voltages labeled near the white connectors on this picture:
                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...6&d=1545163047

Comment

Hello everyone!
                    I have a problem with my BXW-10 psu, two components on the backside of the pcb, Q914 and D927, are missing.
                    Could someone please, tell me the part number of those two components?
                    Thank you!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wussman View Post
                      hello everyone!
                      I have a problem with my bxw-10 psu, two components on the backside of the pcb, q914 and d927, are missing.
                      Could someone please, tell me the part number of those two components?
                      Thank you!
                      Q914 - bcx56-16
                      D927 - bas321

Comment

Originally posted by dobrykamil View Post
                        Q914 - bcx56-16
                        D927 - bas321
                        Hello, thank you very much!

Comment

Hey there,

I also got my BXW10 damaged. As I couldn't find the schemematics, I started to look into forums in order to find out any help.

So, at first, the sub was completely dead. After some initial research, I decided replace a voltage supressor and the switcher to solve it
                          - 1 P6KE200A
                          - 1 TNY274PN

After that it, when I tried to power it on, the power led blinked sometimes and goes to red. No sound at that time. It seems like a protection prevention, or something like that.
                          Then, I replaced the output IC and its FETs
                          - 1 IRS2092 (IC108)
                          - 2 FDP61N20 (Q102 and Q103)

Now everything works fine.

I hope it can help someone.
                          Attached Files

Comment

So. My Sub powers on and green indicator light comes up in ON or AUTO position for switch, then after while red would light up and it would stay red? All this with no sound.

Does this sound like any of the situations you had guys?

Comment

any one tell me bronze bxw-10 c951 capacitor

Comment

Working...
                              X