Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sudden shutdown of the Asus K543 laptop

hello.
    I have an Asus K543 laptop that did not turn on without any special problems after the last operation. The motherboard was checked for short circuit and tin dead. There was no particular problem. Mainboard model X540UBR ver 2.0 All accessories including hard drive DVD burner and ... It is disconnected from the board, but the IC shown in the picture (probably the battery charger IC) gets very hot as soon as the charging adapter is connected, and since it may damage the rest of the circuit, I could not get much voltage. I did not find this model of mainboard, friends, please help. Thank you
    Attached Files

Re: Sudden shutdown of the Asus K543 laptop

The part that is heating up should be replaced.

Richtek p/n RT8249CGQW

Datasheet is attached. You can source from Aliexpress.

Be sure to buy the correct part with the same suffix in the part number. Also recommend to buy some spares.

The part will have the same '2N=' markings on the top side.

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...psort=1&page=1

Before going shopping for the above, review the following:

Start with the DCIN power adapter -> you should see 2 front side mosfets (8 pins; 4 on each side) - what are their markings ?

Near these 2 mosfets will be the charger IC -> what is the marking on the charger IC ?

Share quality pics of this part of the logic board. We may not need the schematics.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mon2; 03-26-2022, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Thats not a charging IC but PWM controller for 3V/5V. You should check resistance on its LDO pins and if resistance is low,remove the IC and measure LDO pins again. If the resistance goes up significantly, the IC is dead. However, if the resistance doesnt go up after IC removal, your problem lies elsewhere(may be KBC) which we can tackle after your feedback. Dont put power to the mb when "2N" ic is removed,else it will become unrepairable.

Comment

Thanks for your help. I measured pins 3 and 13 against the ground when the IC was on the board.
        Pin 3 resistance 1.49 k Ohm
        Pin 13 resistance 686 k Ohm

Comment

Hello, did you not say your opinion?

Comment

Pin3 resistance is low and it stands for LDO3. Now remove the IC and recheck resistance on Pin3. If the resistance remains same(very likely that will be the scenario), something is shorted on that line pulling excess current and thats why the IC is hot.

PS: If you have the boardview for this link/post it here.

Comment

@ex-byte, we all are busy with our own job/business and so it does take time to respond. Please have patience. Someone will definitely respond as there is plenty of talent on this forum but managing time is a issue with all of them.

Comment

hello.
                I did not find the board view of this motherboard, but the board view of the X540UV motherboard is apparently similar to my motherboard that I attached.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello friends, does the RT8249CGQW IC have a similar boiler that I can use instead because I could not find the IC in my city and ordering from Ali experess is very time consuming.

Comment

You can try TPS51225C but you need to isolate pin19 from PCB-In simple words pin 19 should be left un connected from pcb. One way is to cut track of pin19 on the mb itself and then solder 51225C.

Comment

Thank you for your answer.
                      Did pin 19 not have a special function in the previous IC and if I cut it, there will be no problem?

Comment

hello.
                        I checked all the paths of the 3.3V voltage line to find the short circuit, I even removed three ceramic capacitors connected to this line and ground, and unfortunately the last part left are the two pins 81 and 587 of the CPU chip. Intel 8130 u with a ground resistance of 70 ohms, unfortunately, the CPU chip is probably burned out?

Comment

Hi guys, I need someone to tell me the number of this component, marked next to the battery connector, which is burned and I can't identify it to buy. ;-)

Identification in the photo of the burned component

Thanks
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-05-2022, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Go here and download the boardview file for the logic board.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79704

Then locate this ic and see if it helps to identify the component. Looks to be the battery charger IC since it is so close to the battery connector.

Post your update either way.

Comment

Hi seg2, file "Asus_X540_BV_Files.zip" had already downloaded but I couldn't get in, I use Linux and Windows and I couldn't find the program that runs these files, I used "Fritzing" on both Linux and Windows and AutCad on Windows. Could you please tell me a program that opens these files?

Thanks

Comment

Try the attached.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Hi seg2, thanks for the program that opens files with extension ".fz", I found that this CI does not have in the files "Asus_X540_BV_Files.zip", it seems to be a PWM battery charge CI and only the end of it is left ".. .780S" 28 pins (7pins x 4)

Comment

See attached. This could be your charger IC.

You can buy it from AliExpress.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi seg2, there's no way to thank you, I save a customer, thank you very much.

==========================================================
                                      (PortuguesBR)

Oi seg2, não tem como te acradecer, me salvo um cliente, muito obrigado.

Comment

Working...
                                      X