Solving the mystery of a 1050 ti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solving the mystery of a 1050 ti

hi guys I ve been working on this card with weird symptoms and i can t spot a faulty componant .
    The card powers on somtimes showing the bios screen , but somtimes it is not even detected the fan doesn t spin on both cases , i mesured the voltage on the 2 pin fan wires .
    On one end it is reading 12v and on the other it gives also a voltage 10v wish is weird and it turned out that this is the only hint i ve got on what is wrong about this card
    I found a schematic for a two wire fan for the gtx 750 wish is similar to mine
    there s no gnd on the second pin , and the i tested the mosfet and the diode they seem to be fine .
    I can t understand the proper functioning of this schematic can someone enlight me on the basic function of this circuit so i could first of all get the fan to spin .
    thank you in advance

Re: Solving the mystery of a 1050 ti

Hello to you =D

It turns out that it is a random problem eventually test each resistor that surrounds the connector FAN and coil.

When I test my boards after repair in general the board boot directly on the image and if it is random I do not think it comes from the voltage 12 Volt FAN
    Because I test them at startup without fan 1 min max and I never had any black screen problem.

On the other hand I have the same card as you but I have a voltage of 0.04V on the coil that I circled in blue L4 and I can't find any pattern to that?
    Where can I find it.

I have all my other voltages except this coil.
    Any help would be appreciated and also if I can help on yours.
    I have all my components on it well normally.
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Solving the mystery of a 1050 ti

Any luck with that coil/inductor ? I'd guess it's not connected to the 3v3 or 12v from the mobo, if the other voltages are working. But then there's a few 3v3 and 12v fingers. So check all them with continuity mode.

If it's for a buck converter, see what cap's around it are connected to it, that would be the output. And some chip or mosfet nearby, should also have a pin direct to it. Find the label of any chips right around it, you might be lucky.

Comment

Working...
      X