• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vestel 17IPS20 R6

Yes 240mV sorry didn't notice, Q200 and Q207 have 5V

Comment

16V on CN4 but no 5V, Q212 is soldered back on the board
      Last edited by rigeback; 08-21-2021, 09:19 AM.

Comment

I was reading this from another post and my U202 has 14V pin 8 and pin 6 = 5V.

The circuit that needs to be working is the one for U202/TR200, it supplies 12V_AC to get 12v_DC which supplies +12VCC_S which supplies Q212 and gives +5V_STBY
        TR200 also supplies VCC_MAIN, Q216 is a switch that controls VCC that supplies U300 etc. Q216 is basically controled by ST_BY from the main baord.
        So you need st_by ON signal from the main board to have VCC on U300
        Last edited by rigeback; 08-21-2021, 09:48 AM.

Comment

If Q212 is connected in circuit what are the voltages on the 3 legs?

You said you had 12V on CN4 (12VCC_S) so U202 must be driving T200 for the secondary 12V AC to provide the 12VCC_S supply.

What voltage do you have with the black lead of your meter connected to the negative leg of C105 and red meter lead connected to D215

My current thinking is that you do not have standby being issued from the mainboard.
          Have you checked what voltage is on the standby pin CN4 - Pin 3 and does it change when you go in and out of standby.

Can you post a photo of the underside where Q212 is located because I cannot see it in your photos in post #1
          Last edited by dick_barton; 08-21-2021, 10:31 AM.
          Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Confused as in the schematic the Mosfet is numbered Q211 and (Q215 BC858B) connects,
            anyhow 330V Drain and the rest 0V!

CN4 has 12V but no 5V even when connected to the main board, in this case the the red light should come on if there was 5V.
            Attached Files

Comment

There is no 5V because I don't think Q212 is fitted to your board and it probably gets 5V from the mainboard.

Can you post a photo of Q212 if it is fitted on the power supply and give the voltages on the 3 pins.

Also can you give the pin numbers and voltages on all the pins of connector CN4
              Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

I re checked the voltages on all the pins and the max is 1.6V on pin 7 since it was reading MV. The rest of the pins are dead.
                Q212 is not fitted on this board although 5V is present close by at C214.

Comment

A small point but you haven't stated what the issue is with the power board besides a short? What makes you think it's the power board at fault as from what you have stated no voltages have been taken of the output of the power board?
                  A more reasoned diagnosis would be to check the output voltages from the psu and establish what voltages are missing if any. If there any missing or low then trace the circuit back of that voltage and check the components that provide the output.
                  Poking and hoping strategy can help sometimes with obvious faults but reasoned diagnosis always wins.

Comment

In between house moves but still want fix the tv!
                    Since there are no out going Volts or incoming and I"m not sure if the main board is working I first need to by pass the ST_BY state by installing two parallel connected 470? 2W resistors.
                    Should the resistors be fitted on CN4 between Pin 1 and 3?

Comment

Since I'm getting 14V on R291 pin 8 0f U202 I think U202 (FAN6300) is faulty as pin 6 VDD is dead including the other pins, planning to order the part but could be easier getting a replacement board at this stage of the game.

Comment

Working...
                      X